Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boycott

Comments

• Me and my boy have already given up iv been to 2 games and the boy has been to 3 games waste of money for 2 season tickets. we will go to the forest game out of respect for the minutes silence to remember the loved ones no longer with us but after that Roland can go and stick his network up his arse (sideways)
  • An empty ground apart from one man at the back of the NWQ with a Charlton shirt on and a cap.

with "Colin1961" on the back of his shirt slagging off JJ constantly.
  • I don't get to go very often from being up north for university for most of the year so I will be there as I can't pass up the opportunity of just being at the valley. At the same time I'd love to be the only one there, would send a message.
  • Collymore keeps saying he wants to hear from Charlton fans on call colly tonight.

Someone tweeted him that mass boycott of wolves game is being planned. Better option than Blackburn imo, 21st of Jan is a whiles a way and a lot could(not hopeful, but could) happen between now and then.

I actually had a far fetched thought this evening that the Valley was full to capacity with football fans of all 92 league clubs. We then all marched out of the ground as one after a set time. If only...
  • Love the idea of a mass walk out for 10 mins or so, if only everyone could be persuaded to do it I think it could be very effective...
  • cafctom said:

Won't happen - too many fans, myself included probably, just can't do it.

But I would happily turn up and give them a piece of my mind for 90 minutes and take part in something that gets the attention of the widespread media.

2% banners and scarves don't do that. Neither have achieved any sign of change.It's getting to the point where something drastic needs to be done.

and it's people like you that's the problem. we're not asking you to stay away forever, just sufficiently enough to make a point.

but I also think people like you, should ask yourself, why do you continue to go and watch a club in free fall, you can't possibly find any enjoyment in it, or can you?
  • Turn up, but don't enter... Floyd Road and the West Stand Car Park
  • Enter when the gates open before final whistle to complete the controlled dissatifaction
  • Sponsored links:

• Not going again, Rd and co out.
  • Well I'm voting with my feet. Not going to set foot at the valley on the 28th, maybe outside of a protest, but no t inside, inside can duck off
  • Looking at the fixtures welling are at home on the 23/01 when we play Blackburn at home. Would be good to fill PvR with 3/4K fans and leave the valley empty! (Only saying)
  • cabbie8 said:

Looking at the fixtures welling are at home on the 23/01 when we play Blackburn at home. Would be good to fill PvR with 3/4K fans and leave the valley empty! (Only saying)

Already suggested

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70390/protest-idea-23-01-16-dont-take-us-fans-for-granted#latest

• Boycotts won't work because he's already making a loss and let's not forget this isn't big money for him to lose. You want change we need to go after his tech companies and the best way to do that is same same way as certain organisation called anonymous do things.
  • cafctom said:

But I would happily turn up and give them a piece of my mind for 90 minutes and take part in something that gets the attention of the widespread media.

2% banners and scarves don't do that. Neither have achieved any sign of change.It's getting to the point where something drastic needs to be done.

and it's people like you that's the problem. we're not asking you to stay away forever, just sufficiently enough to make a point.

but I also think people like you, should ask yourself, why do you continue to go and watch a club in free fall, you can't possibly find any enjoyment in it, or can you?
    I'm the problem? Pack it in mate.

If I genuinely felt as though the fanbase as a whole were really serious about boycotting a game then I would do it. But I know that it just won't happen.
  • cafctom said:

cafctom said:

If I genuinely felt as though the fanbase as a whole were really serious about boycotting a game then I would do it. But I know that it just won't happen.
    but the problem is you and supporters like you. why do you have to have the support of everyone else?

you surely can't enjoy what you're witnessing on the pitch?

be brave and make a stand, if you feel passionately about the club. if you don't then just continue to show up and do nothing, like so many others.
  • Half time walk out would be a clear sign. The players would understand the sentiment. Surely they must be feeling the pain too. I'd hate to be working somewhere where the customers show how pissed off they are every time I go to work. Oh wait a minute....kidding NHS is respected by most.
  • edited December 2015
    I'd back a boycott. Have no interest in going at the moment. Where I live means home game costs £60-70 and 8 hours of my Saturday. I'd rather spend that on/with the wife and kids. Fuck you Roland.
  • When it comes to boycotts, I am Sir Geoffery!
  • Sponsored links:

• Boycotts won't work because he's already making a loss and let's not forget this isn't big money for him to lose. You want change we need to go after his tech companies and the best way to do that is same same way as certain organisation called anonymous do things.

I really like that idea
  • cafctom said:

cafctom said:

but the problem is you and supporters like you. why do you have to have the support of everyone else?

you surely can't enjoy what you're witnessing on the pitch?

be brave and make a stand, if you feel passionately about the club. if you don't then just continue to show up and do nothing, like so many others.
    Wind your neck in mate, "it's people like you" that are the reason that a protest boycott will never happen.
  • I don't think a boycott needs to be setup. A lot of people are already not going because of all the reasons that a boycott would be setup... I could hear a mime artist on the opposite side of the pitch on Tuesday...
  • A boycott? It's happening already, isn't it?
  • A boycott? It's happening already, isn't it?

Unofficially, yes. But an advertised "official" one would attract more publicity about RD etc.
  • Sadly, I'm already doing it. Just can't muster the strength or energy to go at this point in time. My enthusiasm is at an all-time low and I won't be back until something drastic happens on and off the field. It's tragic that it's got to this stage but that's how it is.
  • Not happy but my boycott has started, not going any more. Will not renew season ticket.
    Simple question to KM " why should I renew it?"
  • Problem with a boycott is there are a few fans that are attending as many games in a row as the can sort of like Seb and following his lead. I know Paul, who I think probably still holds the record of consequetive game at the moment, can now due to circumstances only attend home games, people like him I can't see agreeing to "not turn up". A mid game walk out would be more effective, in actual fact MORE people turning up for that arranged game would be better because a thriving ground becoming an empty ground in a matter of minutes would look great. There will still be a few loners scattered about that just want to watch the football but they suddenly become insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It needs to be properly organised and planned, the scoreline should be irrelevant, if it's publicised enough the players will know about it before it happens anyway.