Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

13 Novembre attacks in Paris

Comments

• Huskaris said:

Apparently there are gunshots currently in the theatre. And apparently 2 explosions were suicide bombings...

5 explosions apparently now.
    Yeah at the bataclan. They may well be grenades though.
  • Huskaris said:

Wonder what Angela Merkel is thinking right now

If you're implying what I think you might be, I would bet most of what I have that these terrorists were home grown and not caused by the recent influx, not that they won't go on to do similar things of course...
    The recent influx are trying to escape from this sort of event.

Paris is surrounded by poverty stricken housing projects. This is more likely to be something to do with it
  • @BroadcastMoose: French Football Federation confirm '3 dead and more injured at Stade de France, after gate J was attacked at the stadium
  • BREAKING: Five explosions heard near Bataclan concert hall in Paris: Reuters witness https://t.co/cZozYtD5MG

— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) November 13, 2015
  • Huskaris said:

If you're implying what I think you might be, I would bet most of what I have that these terrorists were home grown and not caused by the recent influx, not that they won't go on to do similar things of course...

Paris is surrounded by poverty stricken housing projects. This is more likely to be something to do with it
    It's not for now but people have no idea who was coming in despite the obvious genuine intentions of most.

And poverty is no reason - it's more than just that.
  • Huskaris said:

Poverty is a contributing factor, but there are plenty of wealthy and well educated people who have taken up the call to arms in the name of Islam in this Millenium.

As for the recent influx wanting to escape things like this, we can't generalise that all people are bad, and we certainly can't generalise that all people are good, sincere and genuine.
  • Bataclan apparently currently being stormed by police.
  • So horrific.
    RIP to the victims, and my heart is breaking for all the families and people affected.
  • Complete media blackout on police raid at the bataclan at request of police
  • Police have stormed the theatre now, confirmed by multiple sources.
  • Sponsored links:

• The fact the police have stormed the place so soon they must have had grave concerns about what was occurring inside - fingers crossed for everyone bar the perpetrators.
  • If religion did not exist, would these angry nut jobs not just find something else to murder in the name of???

RIP the dead.
  • Such sad news. RIP to all the victims who were just out enjoying their Friday night
  • Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

Poverty is a contributing factor, but there are plenty of wealthy and well educated people who have taken up the call to arms in the name of Islam in this Millenium.

As for the recent influx wanting to escape things like this, we can't generalise that all people are bad, and we certainly can't generalise that all people are good, sincere and genuine.
    Rather than 'bad' and 'good', I was referring to people fleeing the total chaos of war and the actions of Islamists in their own countries

You are right though, we can't generalise.
  • The fact the police have stormed the place so soon they must have had grave concerns about what was occurring inside - fingers crossed for everyone bar the perpetrators.

Agreed. Nothing has been confirmed regarding what is actually going on inside the venue however.
  • Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

That is true and in any community there are good people and bad people. True in this country as much as any other. But the original comment implied that Merkel is somehow to blame for tonight's story with her response to a humanitarian issue. That is nonsense.

It will always be the case that when there is a crisis such as going on at the moment, then some bad people will take advantage. But that isn't a reason to not show compassion to those in distress. And the migration isn't the root cause of these attacks. It is people who see murder as an acceptable approach who are to blame.
    I thought he was implying that in light of this incident, she might be concerned of the potential of this happening in Germany, rather than saying she was to blame for this particular incident.
  • edited November 2015
    People in the hall are posting on Facebook that they're being slaughtered
  • So sad. Thoughts for the poor friends and relatives of all those dead and also those trapped and held tonight. RIP
  • The siege on the theatre has reportedly concluded but there are apparently a lot of people unfortunately killed...
  • Sponsored links:

• A terrifying evening in Paris, as the events are so open ended and widespread...
  • I doubt the perpetrators in the theatre hall had no expectations of coming out of there.
  • edited November 2015
    Reuters now confirmed the siege is over. More news to come.

Two attackers dead in the theatre according to as yet unconfirmed reports.
  • Just listened to interview with English woman who was in theatre and escaped. Said she was surprisingly calm but could feel her going into shock as she actually verbalised what happened.
  • Thoughts with everyone in Paris. Absolutely atrocious.
  • Apparently one man arrested "claiming to be Syrian and a part of ISIS "
  • Fucking animals.
  • Sky have said explosives were thrown in the crowd at the gig. This is really upsetting.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!