Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

13 Novembre attacks in Paris

Comments

• Options
    @choice is over their at the minute with his fiancé. He just said they have been locked in a bar at the minute.
  • Options

We are supposedly the most intelligent form of life on the planet, and yet seem intent on self destruction due to strange beliefs, religions etc. How stupid. RIP to the victims : (

.........is the fight for oil and power religion driven?

I agree with your sentiments 100% and every human being I know could never understand how one human being could treat another with such hatred and horror, however, in reality, these zealots are 100% intent on destroying the infidel and will not be stopped.

The power struggle is an even bigger issue as they are killing many, many more fellow muslims than they are Christians or other non muslims.

No political point scoring here, I promise you but we disturbed the hornets nest once too often after Bush/Blair's actions and now the really angry hornets are on the attack.

I have to admit to having had a tear in my eye all night as these poor victims are the innocent children, brothers, sisters, husbands and wives of people like us - people who know no hatred.
  • Options
    On hols in Florida at the moment, in the last 5 days I have seen one police car. Walking back from dinner tonight I saw 5 in 10 minutes. There are also police helicopters buzzing around and officers walking on i-drive.

A normal Friday night in Orlando, a show of strength or a perceived threat? Who knows.

Very odd atmosphere in the resturant tonight. Americans know the pain associated with these attacks and Paris has clearly opened some wounds.

The whole thing is almost incomprehensible.

RIP to all the dead.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    purdis said:

We are supposedly the most intelligent form of life on the planet, and yet seem intent on self destruction due to strange beliefs, religions etc. How stupid. RIP to the victims : (

I agree with your sentiments 100% and every human being I know could never understand how one human being could treat another with such hatred and horror, however, in reality, these zealots are 100% intent on destroying the infidel and will not be stopped.

The power struggle is an even bigger issue as they are killing many, many more fellow muslims than they are Christians or other non muslims.

No political point scoring here, I promise you but we disturbed the hornets nest once too often after Bush/Blair's actions and now the really angry hornets are on the attack.

I have to admit to having had a tear in my eye all night as these poor victims are the innocent children, brothers, sisters, husbands and wives of people like us - people who know no hatred.
    Most of these people are living in the countries where they commit these atrocities, and i dare say many have never even visited their home lands. They are simply sick in the head, and as far as i know do not shout 'oil and power' before blowing people up.
  • Options
    purdis said:

The problem is they don't consider them 'fellow' Muslims, you're with them, or against them.
  • Options
    Horrific.... RIP to all the victims.

Will there ever be a way to destroy ISIS? Along with the refugee issue, the situation related to Syria / middle east is getting worse and worse and problems are spreading across the whole Europe very fastly. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2015

purdis said:

Most of these people are living in the countries where they commit these atrocities, and i dare say many have never even visited their home lands. They are simply sick in the head, and as far as i know do not shout 'oil and power' before blowing people up.
    I was trying to point out what unleashed this anger, this sickness, as you rightly describe it, in the first place.

I agree with you that they are already living within our communities and in many cases hold the passport of the country they are attacking.

My concern, like many, is that they are not only being and have been stirred up by misguided clerics and hate pedlars in their own neighbourhoods but that many more may have infiltrated our communities and continue to do so as they either return from abroad having been trained and further indoctrinated or posing as refugees.

I think Queensland Addick's summary above says what I was trying to say much better!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lets keep the religious shit out of this, happens every time there is a terrorist attack, keep it to news and reports in my opinion.

Here is a bit of news. It is a confirmed Muslim terrorist attack.
    No. Confirmed as a Muslim extremist attack. They're not real Muslims.
  • Options
    Is it time we prevented muslims from entering the country? - especially those with links to syria.
  • Options
    My parents are currently out there, staying in the 17th district, they are safe and we'll but have been advised to stay indoors. Thankfully they managed to do most of their sightseeing yesterday before the attacks.

Touching to see places around the world lit up in the french colours, do you think the international friendly will now be cancelled?
  • Options

Is it time we prevented muslims from entering the country? - especially those with links to syria.

But that was then, this is now.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Lets keep the religious shit out of this, happens every time there is a terrorist attack, keep it to news and reports in my opinion.

Here is a bit of news. It is a confirmed Muslim terrorist attack.
    No. Confirmed as a Muslim extremist attack. They're not real Muslims.
    Dazzler, if you have the time, have a read of this excellent book. It's a free download pdf. Essential reading for anyone who wants to understand why these extremists are carrying out these atrocities.

http://thestoryofmohammed.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/introduction_29.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No
  • Options
    Eight attackers in total. We regularly hear of people arrested here under the prevention of terrorism act and it is comforting that this is the case. Whilst it is, of course, impossible to stop all such attacks, there was some criticism of the French security services following Charlie Hebdo as highlighted in this article by Dr Frank Foley in an article back in January:

On three occasions since 2012, jihadists known to the French authorities have slipped through the net to commit terrorist attacks. Two of perpetrators of last week’s attacks were not only on France’s intelligence radar, but they had also been convicted of terrorism-related offences and had served prison sentences.

n May of last year, French citizen Mehdi Nemmouche killed four people at a Jewish museum in Brussels. French intelligence knew that he had gone to fight in Syria and had returned to Europe – but they were unable to help their Belgian counterparts stop this attack.

France’s domestic intelligence agency also knew of and interviewed French citizen Mohamed Merah, suspicious about his extremist tendencies and travels in Afghanistan and Pakistan. However, in a series of attacks in March 2012, Merah evaded detection as he killed three off-duty French soldiers at various locations, as well as a rabbi and three children at a Jewish school.

All intelligence agencies have to make difficult choices about which individuals to prioritise for intrusive surveillance from the potentially thousands of people that could be suspected of involvement in terrorist networks. All have made mistakes, including the British in the case of London bomber Mohammed Siddique Khan.

But in the case of France, there is a strong rivalry between its main counterterrorist police and intelligence units, which does not help matters. Indeed, the French agencies’ failure to share promptly their information on Merah was likely an important factor in their failure to prevent his final and most deadly attack. It remains to be seen whether such breakdowns in communication were present in the case of last week’s attacks.

My book, which compares French and British counterterrorism, shows that France’s security agency rivalries are deeply entrenched, in contrast to the British case, where police and intelligence agencies have a much better functioning relationship on terrorism investigations.

I would hate to think that any of these eight terrorists were known to the French authorities. And that they did little to monitor them. Because there is a likelihood that monitoring one of the terrorists will lead you to the rest of them.
  • Options
    Shocking events, and deeply worrying to think this may happen here eventually

This ISIS thing needs to be brought to a rapid conclusion
  • Options
    In my opinion, if anyone (including british citezens) has travelled to turkey, syria or the middle east, they should not be allowed to return to the UK. We need to try and prevent radicalisation and training of these monsters. Our security services are brilliant and are working at 100% capacity, they will not stop every attack. We need to do something to restrict people in the UK that are capable of such barbaric acts.
  • Options
    Although I understand your sentiment, these will more than likely turn out to be French citizens
  • Options

Although I understand your sentiment, these will more than likely turn out to be French citizens

I totally agree. My point is that the less people in this country with terroist links, the more time our security services have in order to watch the other bastards already on our soil.
  • Options

In my opinion, if anyone (including british citezens) has travelled to turkey, syria or the middle east, they should not be allowed to return to the UK. We need to try and prevent radicalisation and training of these monsters. Our security services are brilliant and are working at 100% capacity, they will not stop every attack. We need to do something to restrict people in the UK that are capable of such barbaric acts.

So British holiday makers in Turkey should be prevented from coming home? Where should they go instead?

Diplomats in Syria should be turned away if they try to return to Heathrow?

Any business, holiday, sports or religious travellers in Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Bahrain are excluded?

The whole England cricket squad and support staff can't come home from the current tour?

Have you thought this through?
  • Options

Thats next years holiday in Dalaman fecked then!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!