Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

13 Novembre attacks in Paris

Comments

• The French police have got their hands full with all this stuff going on at the same time, horrible time for the French people.
  • edited November 2015
  • I could be being paranoid but I just heard a loud bang. Hope it's not kicking off over here too!
  • The French police have got their hands full with all this stuff going on at the same time, horrible time for the French people.

You have to assume the police and army were still on a very high state of alert.
  • According to L'equipe , England France game will be cancelled
  • 23:05
    Here's the latest we have on the attacks in Paris:

Dozens of people are dead after multiple shootings in the French capital

Between 60 and 100 people are reportedly being held hostage at the Bataclan arts centre

Three explosions were reported outside a bar near the Stade de France, where France were playing Germany in a football match

French President Francois Hollande has declared a state of emergency and closed the country's borders

Paris authorities have asked people to stay indoors
  • Rizzo said:

I could be being paranoid but I just heard a loud bang. Hope it's not kicking off over here too!

Im in Falconwood on the A2 and my windows shook, hoping it was a lorry tyre
  • This is absolutely horriffic. Imagine going to Brixton Academy or Kentish Town Forum to see a band you like and being taken hostage and slaughtered.

Terrifying.
  • boggzy said:

This is absolutely horriffic. Imagine going to Brixton Academy or Kentish Town Forum to see a band you like and being taken hostage and slaughtered.

Terrifying.

Or just having a meal in a restaurant, or going to a football match
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder what Angela Merkel is thinking right now
  • boggzy said:

This is absolutely horriffic. Imagine going to Brixton Academy or Kentish Town Forum to see a band you like and being taken hostage and slaughtered.

Terrifying.

This is exactly the situation. Le Bataclan is a Paris venue very much in that category. Awful, awful.
  • I am sad there are billions of people in the world who follow the rantings of supposed enlightened people, dead several millenia ago, who had enhanced views on how us humans should behave according to their twisted morality.

Had these immortals aired their views on Charlton Life, they would be in the doghouse with Colin, Reams and others subject to our excellent moderators.
  • edited November 2015
    Rizzo said:

I could be being paranoid but I just heard a loud bang. Hope it's not kicking off over here too!

hopefully paranoid. first Beirut, now Paris. London and all major cities will be on high alert.
  • Wonder what Angela Merkel is thinking right now

If you're implying what I think you might be, I would bet most of what I have that these terrorists were home grown and not caused by the recent influx, not that they won't go on to do similar things of course...
  • Probably the same as most of us. Why?
  • This is why our emergency services are so important in today's climate.
  • I hope they get the fuckers who are doing this, bring them to justice and not afford them the justice they gave to Jihadi John, who is now going to be seen as a martyr by his comrades.
  • I think they closed borders as the girlfriend involved in the last one just upped and left and went to turkey I think.
  • cafc4life said:

Palace defender Martin Kelly put a pic up on Instagram today of a picture of the restaurant were the explosion was saying he was going there tonight

Done a bit of digging. The cafe he posted hasn't been involved
  • Sponsored links:

• Why Paris / France (again) ?
  • PL54 said:

Why Paris / France (again) ?

Foreign policy and demographic of the people.
  • Plus maybe our security services are better and have thwarted similar?
  • Been happening for years in France - was it 1995 there was an Islamic bombing? Sure there has long been a significant North African anti-western under current in the Country.
  • https://m.facebook.com/benjamin.cazenoves?refsrc=http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php&_rdr#_=_

Bloke inside the theatre confirming that they're killing the hostages. I hope he's still alive. Poor bloke
  • boggzy said:

Plus maybe our security services are better and have thwarted similar?

Undoubtedly
  • edited November 2015

This is why our emergency services are so important in today's climate.

And our intelligence services. And it shows how important it is that they should not have their ability to perform surveillance to help prevent these types of attacks.

A lot of communication and preparation must have taken place to plan 6 or 7 simultaneous attacks. You have to wonder how the French intelligence service did not pick anything up.
  • Apparently there are gunshots currently in the theatre. And apparently 2 explosions were suicide bombings...
  • Huskaris said:

Apparently there are gunshots currently in the theatre. And apparently 2 explosions were suicide bombings...

5 explosions apparently now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!