Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

13 Novembre attacks in Paris

Comments

• Options

Huskaris said:

BBC News stating that they aren't sure who is responsible.

I have a funny feeling I know which religion has motivated it though.

however, we must remember that the extremists you're getting at do NOT, in anyway, represent the peaceful religion that is Islam
    I wouldn't call it a peaceful religion. We should be thankful that the vast majority of Muslims don't interpret the Qur'an literally.
    Precisely, a savage and wicked book, the same way the Old Testament is, were it not for the New Testament, we would probably be just as bad.
    I don't know, Christianity had it's moments
    Of course it did, Christianity is absolutely savage in the Old Testament, but Christ dying for our sins supposedly nullifies the Old Testament and makes the New Testament the book to live by, not that I am a Christian or anything, although were it not for the enlightenment, I probably would be. The fact of the matter is that the Islamic faith has not had a reformation or an enlightenment the way Christianity has, and that means that there are a lot more people living fundamentally by a book which preaches fire and brimstone (the same way the Old Testament does) we are just lucky that we calmed it down a bit a while back.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    some have said on twitter - could this have anything to do with the recent news of Jihadi John?? doubt it myself but who knows.
  • Options
    Twenty six murdered and sixty hostages. Thoughts with the people of Paris tonight. Utterly dreadful.
  • Options

Oh for fucks sake can we please put a stop to religious point scoring for just one night? People have been killed here - most likely of all races, religion and creed.

Give it a fucking break and show some respect.

Well said. Spot on.
  • Options
    It's the worst possible capital city in Europe for a hostage situation. Because the French, typically, and by convention, pay up rather than see further body bags. Which, of course, invites repeats.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

It's the worst possible capital city in Europe for a hostage situation. Because the French, typically, and by convention, pay up rather than see further body bags. Which, of course, invites repeats.

I fear that "paying up" is not an option with these murderous bastards.
  • Options
    Watching Children In Need and all the good that it brings. And then there's news of these scum. Doesn't matter who they are they, what they represent or who they believe in, they are absolute scum.

RIP
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Out of interest (not hostility), have they paid any ransom demands in their own country? As in, I know that some countries pay to release foreign hostages etc, but have they ever actually paid ransom cash to someone on their own soil? Like I said, just curious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

I fear that "paying up" is not an option with these murderous bastards.
    Well, I don't know who they are. But I assume if they're taking hostages, they'll want some kind of ransome.
  • Options
    Was only in the ground for France v England Rugby a couple of months ago. Makes you think.

RIP to all - I fear this will be a never ending event going forward.
  • Options
    Hundreds of people on the pitch in the stade de france frightened to leave the stadium.
  • Options

however, we must remember that the extremists you're getting at do NOT, in anyway, represent the peaceful religion that is Islam
    I wouldn't call it a peaceful religion. We should be thankful that the vast majority of Muslims don't interpret the Qur'an literally.
    We should be thankful that the vast majority of Christians don't interpret the bible literally then too!

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Do you think we should judge Christian people in the same way?
    Christianity is a load of trssh. Yes we should
  • Options
    Maybe 30 dead now
  • Options
    Do we even know if it's got anything to do with any religion yet????

For now, just pray that no-one else is hurt.
  • Options

We should be thankful that the vast majority of Christians don't interpret the bible literally then too!

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Do you think we should judge Christian people in the same way?
    Christianity is a load of trssh. Yes we should
    Good for you then, now refer to DamoNorthStand's earlier post.

RIP
  • Options

Quite right

• Options

As much as I would hope not, I fear it has.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    100 being held hostage at a concert hall :0(
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Hundreds of people on the pitch in the stade de france frightened to leave the stadium.

Confused fans have flooded the pitch here in

#Paris pic.twitter.com/8HleYh5WiL— Andy Scott (@andpscott) November 13, 2015 ">

Confused fans have flooded the pitch here in #Paris pic.twitter.com/8HleYh5WiL

— Andy Scott (@andpscott) November 13, 2015
  • Options
    How is the world going to stop this shit happening. I just can't comprehend how you stop it?
  • Options

Not that it's jumping to conclusions, but why else would anyone do such an act as bombing and random shooting? Not trying to pin things on people or anything, but it is very rare for there to be random mass shootings unless it is a madman or a political/religious organisation, and in the case of what would appear on the face of it to be a co-ordinated attack in which many people are killed straight away, and apparently a suicide bombing, it has to be for some sort of political reason. If it was just a hostage situation, I wouldn't jump to a conclusion, but it would be very strange for mass killings to happen off the bat without any negotiation unless it was for political means.
  • Options
    Bound to lead to concerns about the Euros in the summer.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

100 being held hostage at a concert hall :0(

Eagles of Death Metal concert taking place there this evening
  • Options

Bound to lead to concerns about the Euros in the summer.

I think it will have more serious repercussions than a football tournament.
  • Options
    What a fucked up world we live in :(
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!