Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New signing? Vaz Te? (ed. Signed until end of season)

Comments

• Can i be the first/last to say.....underwhelmed.

Admin Alert! The President's account has been hacked by Golfie :wink:
  • edited November 2015
  • I must say I am quite excited by this.
    Probably turn out to be misplaced, but if he produces what we know he's capable of it can only be good.

I fancy him to star in a shock 3-1 win away at Birmingham which will rejuvenate our belief and enthusiasm and take the legs away from the planned protest against Ipswich; a game which we will lose 6-0 sending the "anti's" into an apoplectic rage on CL against the regime and the apathetic majority.
    The apathetic majority decide to stick one to the regime with literally tens of people boycotting on a cumulative game by game basis over a prolonged period of time.
    I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from

I think you're Nuts; or 1 bag short of the half dozen :smiley:

3-1 win at Brum and 6-0 loss to Ipswitch ?

We don't win away !

Probably turn out to be misplaced, but if he produces what we know he's capable of it can only be good.

I fancy him to star in a shock 3-1 win away at Birmingham which will rejuvenate our belief and enthusiasm and take the legs away from the planned protest against Ipswich; a game which we will lose 6-0 sending the "anti's" into an apoplectic rage on CL against the regime and the apathetic majority.
    The apathetic majority decide to stick one to the regime with literally tens of people boycotting on a cumulative game by game basis over a prolonged period of time.

Aren't we all Soapy? :smile:

Aren't we all Soapy? :smile:
    I

• We need a player who can impose himself on defences and perhaps score a few. Not a chancer. Not a 6'7" basketball player with few footballing skills. YK or a younger, cheaper version? Ciftci still not starting for Celtic.

I fail to understand how you can be wrong so often. Do you actually watch the games sober ? Apologies, but I find it unbelieveable. The only games we've won this season, were the games that Makienok played 90 mins in.
    The number of games played is too low to be statistically meaningful, and you can't deduce that we won because Makienok played 90mins anymore than you can say Makienok played 90mins because we were winning so we didn't need to take him off. However, that doesn't detract from how well he played in the Wendies game, nor does it excuse how poor he was in other games.
  • We need a player who can impose himself on defences and perhaps score a few. Not a chancer. Not a 6'7" basketball player with few footballing skills. YK or a younger, cheaper version? Ciftci still not starting for Celtic.

I fail to understand how you can be wrong so often. Do you actually watch the games sober ? Apologies, but I find it unbelieveable. The only games we've won this season, were the games that Makienok played 90 mins in.
    The number of games played is too low to be statistically meaningful, and you can't deduce that we won because Makienok played 90mins anymore than you can say Makienok played 90mins because we were winning so we didn't need to take him off. However, that doesn't detract from how well he played in the Wendies game, nor does it excuse how poor he was in other games.
    Sorry, just cannot agree he was poor as you suggest in other games. Wins lots of headers and has lots of strength which allows him to hold off defenders to bring the ball down. Has also added to defence. He was just isolated.
  • He had a one on one two hour training session Saturday morning at Sparrows Lane.
  • I don't quite understand the 'good player at this level'. Wasn't it nearly 5 years ago he was decent at this level? He's barely played any football. Underwhelmed with this, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

After looking at the stats, sorry is was 2011/12 he was decent at this level with Barnsley then West Ham - still not sure on him.

And then subsequently he played in the premier league for West Ham. So he was decent at a higher level more recently.
    Was he decent? Or was he playing from the subs bench because he wasn't 'decent'? Look a this career, he's had one 'decent' full season! The Premiership season wasn't it.

A premier league sub is still way above the level we're currently operating at
    So Marvin Sordell last season was better than Vetokele or Watt last season??
  • Personally i think its a good signing, he may not be fit now but if he does hit the ground running like he said then happy days.
    Being a free agent he is obviously a lot cheaper so RD will be chuffed but at least he does have some quality..im sure there are a lot worse out there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally i think its a good signing, he may not be fit now but if he does hit the ground running like he said then happy days.
    Being a free agent he is obviously a lot cheaper so RD will be chuffed but at least he does have some quality..im sure there are a lot worse out there!

And not many better that are available right now.

• Beggars can't be choosers and outside of the transfer window we are limited to signing unemployed footballers. Here's hoping he gets himself back on track with us
  • I get the feeling we have a goal machine signed on.
    Play offs all the way!!
  • He went to Rotherham before us, why he did not join, we may never know but they have now signed Leon Best, will be interesting to see who gets the better deal
  • ross1 said:

He went to Rotherham before us, why he did not join, we may never know but they have now signed Leon Best, will be interesting to see who gets the better deal

We will trust me
  • ross1 said:

He went to Rotherham before us, why he did not join, we may never know but they have now signed Leon Best, will be interesting to see who gets the better deal

I saw this, but not sure what happened. Did we nick him before they made an offer or did he reject them? Would like to know but know I will never know.

I have no doubt whatsoever that we have the better player though.
  • Good luck Riccardo, live up to your past and everyone will love you. Good luck again.
  • Can I just say Ricardo on behalf of all genuine Charlton fans can I apologise for any posts that may have offended you on this thread
  • Even a stopped watch tells the right time twice a day... finger firmly crossed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015

Reza has 2 qualifying games, including a game in Guam on Tuesday - one of those Pacific Islands north of Papua New Guinea. I hate to imagine what condition he'll be in when he gets back, so Vaz Te could feature against Birmingham even

I'll be covering it more in depth in my World Cup Update tomorrow but...

Iran have played their match against Guam, (winning 6-0), and the best news of all... Reza was an unused substitute so despite travelling around the world he only played 15mins of Football against Turkmenistan so fingers crossed he'll be okay for Saturday depending on Jet-Lag
  • Reza has 2 qualifying games, including a game in Guam on Tuesday - one of those Pacific Islands north of Papua New Guinea. I hate to imagine what condition he'll be in when he gets back, so Vaz Te could feature against Birmingham even

Iran have played their match against Guam, (winning 6-0), and the best news of all... Reza was an unused substitute so despite travelling around the world he only played 15mins of Football against Turkmenistan so fingers crossed he'll be okay for Saturday depending on Jet-Lag
    He'll be annoyed to not play that match, a perfectly opportunity to do a Karim Bagheri and break Charlton's international goal scoring record!

As it is, he's spent the week flying around the world to play 15 minutes.
  • Reza has 2 qualifying games, including a game in Guam on Tuesday - one of those Pacific Islands north of Papua New Guinea. I hate to imagine what condition he'll be in when he gets back, so Vaz Te could feature against Birmingham even

He'll be annoyed to not play that match, a perfectly opportunity to do a Karim Bagheri and break Charlton's international goal scoring record!

As it is, he's spent the week flying around the world to play 15 minutes.
    I dunno... Bet he's just got some great frequent flyer miles
  • Didn't we sign an unfit player about this age, about this time in the season, a few years ago?

From memory that turned out ok-ish!
  • Yeah, and look at the stick he got before even kicking a ball. Some people had to eat their words no doubt...
  • Oakster said:

Liam Ridgewell might be available for loan after his MLS season ends, only 31 has been excellent this season with Portland Timbers - would be a good option to have at CB.

Injured tonight playing against Dallas. One of those "no one near him" incidents that often end with a long-term layoff.