Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New signing? Vaz Te? (ed. Signed until end of season)

Comments

• Appears to have the ability. Will he have the appetite? Let's hope so.
  • I don't get why everyone is liking this signing. 22 goals in one season would be fantastic if it happened last year but it was 4 yrs ago.

Apart from that he has 6 goals in the other 100+ games.

why? probably because we are signing someone we have heard of :wink:
  • cabbles said:

Would be happy with Vaz Te - has a lot of pace, and can play up wide or up front.

Like others have stated, it is a bit of a gamble, but then anyone without a contract is going to have a bit of baggage.

No to McAnuff though, we have enough thirty something midfielders as it is.

If you count Diarra as a centre back then the only 30 something midfielder we have is JJ?

Not necessarily saying McAnuff is the answer, but a bit more experience may be a good thing
    Only couple of years ago we were selling players to Orient, now we're signing them!
  • Good news, pleased with this. There is definitely a good player in there. Hopefully coming to a stable club will bring the best out the best in him....I wonder who decided to sign him? Roly? Katrien? Carol? Coach in waiting? The milkman?

Seriously though, pleased to get somebody half decent on board

His next club you mean :smile:
  • Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

Ex West ham players have been good for us . Vaz Te probably wants to join his old mates Diarra and Henderson

Tommy Taylor wasn't up to much (don't think he even managed a game!) but I take your point.

Friday fun....name the bad ones from West Ham.....Mike Small. I win.
    Not so fast...I give you Frank Nouble
    A spirited fightback I grant you. Reckon I'm still 40-30 up with Mike Small though....
    Too young to remember Mike Small but if he was worse than Nouble.........Jeez.
  • I don't quite understand the 'good player at this level'. Wasn't it nearly 5 years ago he was decent at this level? He's barely played any football. Underwhelmed with this, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

After looking at the stats, sorry is was 2011/12 he was decent at this level with Barnsley then West Ham - still not sure on him.

And then subsequently he played in the premier league for West Ham. So he was decent at a higher level more recently.
    Was he decent? Or was he playing from the subs bench because he wasn't 'decent'? Look a this career, he's had one 'decent' full season! The Premiership season wasn't it.

A premier league sub is still way above the level we're currently operating at
  • Will prove to be a good signing once he's up to speed.
  • think he could do well for a short time its seems like a token gesture from RD and KM to get a few a bit more onside,would think that we need at least another 3 or 4 decent seasoned championship players to stand any chance of staying up,think we might of missed the boat on that.
  • I don't get why everyone is liking this signing. 22 goals in one season would be fantastic if it happened last year but it was 4 yrs ago.

To be fair to him, he has played as a forward but also out on the wing for a lot of his career. This might answer the question why he hasn't bagged so many..?
  • I work with a few West Ham fans who reckon he is a sh*t premier league player, but a decent player for the championship. On his day can cause havoc... saying that it was 3 years ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Just not sure where he'd fit in the starting team from when we won on Saturday which is why I cant see him being much of a starter at times, although he's a good addition because none of the below will last the season without dropping form

Henderson
    Holmes-Dennis ... Bauer ... Sarr ... Fox
    Ba ... Diarra ... Jackson
    Reza ... Makienok ... Gudmundsson

He's much better than Reza.
    Reza is the polar opposite to Vaz Te.

Reza will run his socks off for 90 minutes.
    Vaz Te would be like Tony Watt an impact player.
    Impact player tend to have 45 to 60 minutes max in their locker.

• He's only 29. If he still wants it then he will be a good signing.
  • tgarrat1 said:

I don't get why everyone is liking this signing. 22 goals in one season would be fantastic if it happened last year but it was 4 yrs ago.

To be fair to him, he has played as a forward but also out on the wing for a lot of his career. This might answer the question why he hasn't bagged so many..?
    And, he is better than nothing.
  • Interesting announcement. "Prolific Championship striker", "a lot of experience of English football". Anybody would think the club are actually listening to supporters and responding with us in mind. :wink:
  • Davo55 said:

Interesting announcement. "Prolific Championship striker", "a lot of experience of English football". Anybody would think the club are actually listening to supporters and responding with us in mind. :wink:

Don't be silly :wink:
  • Charlton have never been able to sign strikers with a proven track record who have nothing to prove - the fact that we have eventually signed one at all that we have heard of should be something to be positive about.
  • Just how many proven Championship strikers who are fit and currently knocking in goals are available outside the transfer window?
  • Take away the (limited)Championship experience and I think his minimal appearances would be a concern to a lot of people, BUT fingers crossed for the fella.
  • According to Wiki he's played 155 senior games and has bagged 28 goals, hardly "a prolific Championship striker" which he is according to the George Jones headline on the official site.
    Wish him well though, we need goals!

22 goals in 40 games (28 starts) in the Championship in 2011/12. He scored 2 goals in 3 play off games that season including the winner in the final.

His goals to games ratio stats are skewed the number of sub appearances he's made.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=36692
    Thanks for the smack, it's too easy to be negative right now :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Well done to KM and RD for finding the money to get these two signings

Probably pawned the sofa.
  • 6' 2"

Passes the CL height test.

• look forward to him getting injured and being ruled out to the end of the season :-)

There's a few on here who might have said the same but without the smiley face thingy at the end....
    drewman said:

Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

Ex West ham players have been good for us . Vaz Te probably wants to join his old mates Diarra and Henderson

Tommy Taylor wasn't up to much (don't think he even managed a game!) but I take your point.

Friday fun....name the bad ones from West Ham.....Mike Small. I win.
    Not so fast...I give you Frank Nouble
    A spirited fightback I grant you. Reckon I'm still 40-30 up with Mike Small though....
    Too young to remember Mike Small but if he was worse than Nouble.........Jeez.
    He was a far better player than Nouble (had a very good spell at West Ham).....but not in his game for us at Millwall. It was grim.
  • Paddy7 said:

Appears to have the ability. Will he have the appetite? Let's hope so.

Let's hope he doesn't have the same appetite as Igor!
  • sm said:

Just how many proven Championship strikers who are fit and currently knocking in goals are available outside the transfer window?

It's a good point, but maybe we wouldn't have to sign up what's left if we were a bit more proactive and ambitious in the summer instead of waiting until we're in a relegation fight every season.
  • colin1961 said:

Well done to KM and RD for finding the money to get these two signings

Two signings? I thought we had only made one, do you mean Hadenough, or whatever the 34 year old from Orient, or is there someone else? Henderson seems to like Vaz-Te and he probably played with him at West Ham, so could be a useful striker, if he plays to his potential, but I would still rather KM gets Lookman to sign a long contract.
  • edited November 2015
  • tgarrat1 said:

I don't get why everyone is liking this signing. 22 goals in one season would be fantastic if it happened last year but it was 4 yrs ago.

This.
    Everybody seems to be talking of him as an out and out striker, but he has often played wide left.
    As much a replacement for McAleny as cover for Vetokele
  • Vaz Te was very good in the Championship but struggled when he didn't get the same space in the Premiership.
    Although he usually plays on the left he knows where the goal is and I think we may be pleasantly surprised .