Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New signing? Vaz Te? (ed. Signed until end of season)

Comments

• I wonder how our Belgian stats wizards managed to check him out, when he has hardly played any games to create stats in the first place.

Unless those Belgians are telling porkie pies about stats-based player assessments.

Surely not.
  • Think we need to keep Piggot for when we go down
  • I hate the owners but this is a good signing. Definitely a good signing. But I worry about our club. Nothing changes.
  • Not sure how reliable BBCs gossip column is, but apparently us and Wolves are looking at Newcastles Yoan Gouffran.
  • Pigott, Tucudean, Parzyszek and Ansah will all get moved on in my opinion
  • Great signing!
    Welcome Ricardo! and we'll done Alou.
    I think if this bloke can stay fit he could be a real quality addition. I'm sure he will enjoy all of our support!
    Onwards and upwards! !!!!! at last a bit of positive news.
    COYR
  • sam3110 said:

Pigott, Tucudean, Parzyszek and Ansah will all get moved on in my opinion

Worth waiting to see what division we're in before deciding to move Pigott on. Could be decent back up for us if we end up in league one. The other 3 will surely all go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely we could do a song to the classic "Respectable" by Mel and Kim, unless I am mistaken there is a section in it where they say Te alot.
  • Blimey there are some daft comments on here. We're desperate for a striker/left sided player with proven Championship experience.

We've just signed Vaz Te for no fee. He also has Premiership experience, albeit not too much.

Sam Allardyce signed him for Bolton & West Ham.

Henderson & Diarra want him.

He could be and I'm hopeful that he will be, an excellent signing.

There are no guarantees in football, but I can only presume the fans criticising this signing, have never seen him play.

He is potentially our best player. Certainly up there with JBG and Watt potentially.

I will and do vociferously criticise the board for their many failings, but not when they are doing what we want & need.

Fee is £9m and a 40% wage increase - all undisclosed.
  • The comes from Portugal
    He fucking hates the current mismanagement and underfunding of the club
    Vaz ta
    Vaz ta

Might need some work.

With a little bit of tinkering I think you could be on to something.
  • I am pleased with the signing and I'm sure he will do well for us... but for me he is the wrong type of player, we need a big striker who can hold up the ball and bring others into play as back up and competition for Maikienok! But I see Vaz Te as more of a quick striker to play off a big striker.. so as competition to Reza watt Igor Kag...

Not exactly what we needed if I'm honest!
  • But Vaz Te can do it at this level? He's already proven that with Barnsley and West Ham. Fitness could be a concern. Ability isn't.
  • I am pleased with the signing and I'm sure he will do well for us... but for me he is the wrong type of player, we need a big striker who can hold up the ball and bring others into play as back up and competition for Maikienok! But I see Vaz Te as more of a quick striker to play off a big striker.. so as competition to Reza watt Igor Kag...

Igor out for 2 months, Watt doesn't seem to have the fitness to play 90 minutes twice a week, Reza has had one good game for us, KAG not good enough (yet) at this level to start regularly...

Not sure what his playing characteristics are but if he's 6ft 2 as reported then he could be a handful. Especially if he's got a bit of pace too.

I agree about a back up for Makienok, But Vaz Te is ALSO what we need.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015
    Our strong end to the season under Powell was mainly down to playing Yann and Fuller up top. Mak/Vaz Te appear similar in many respects. Also as set plays are massive in the championship, these two along with Jackson, Baeur, Diarra, Ba and Fox provide us with a chance in both areas.
  • edited November 2015
    I must say I am quite excited by this.
    Probably turn out to be misplaced, but if he produces what we know he's capable of it can only be good.

I fancy him to star in a shock 3-1 win away at Birmingham which will rejuvenate our belief and enthusiasm and take the legs away from the planned protest against Ipswich; a game which we will lose 6-0 sending the "anti's" into an apoplectic rage on CL against the regime and the apathetic majority.
    The apathetic majority decide to stick one to the regime with literally tens of people boycotting on a cumulative game by game basis over a prolonged period of time.
    I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from
  • He could be a really good signing.
  • Don't be mad floydrdfaithful it's the cafc way now hold no.hope for any players that are not worth zillions, and

The same people have a pre made impression already the word underwhelmed when we signed yann was everywhere, Yet by the time he left grown men cried

Exactly what the cafc fan is now
  • edited November 2015
    Was frustrating reading this yesterday without being able to comment (new member!). All-in-all, could be better, could be worse. Probably better than Kennedy, Harriott, and McAuleny.

Alex
  • I suppose if he does well the old Semedo song will be revived
    Ricardo wo oh
    Ricardo wo oh oh oh
    He comes from Portugal
    He fookin hates Millwall
  • Can i be the first/last to say.....underwhelmed.
  • Can i be the first/last to say.....underwhelmed.

He signed nearly 48 hours ago, you would have to be quicker off the blocks on here to be the first ;)