Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New signing? Vaz Te? (ed. Signed until end of season)

edited November 2015 in General Charlton
Just been told we are signing Vaz Te until the new year!!!!

Please don't shoot the messenger but it is from a good sauce!!!!

Comments

• Would fit the profile of strange signings.

Weird what has happened to him with his career. Seemed to be going well, yet then played just 8 apps in 13/14 (never played a full 90), 4 apps for west ham last season before having his contracted terminated in January. Then shipped out to Turkey where he made 3 starts, 9 subs and scored 5 goals.

Hasn't been with a club since June.
  • And if TM says it's a good source, the. I'm inclined to believe him. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he has been on training with us
  • If he is fit, would be worth a look without great expectations. He was pretty decent a couple of seasons ago.
  • Would be happy with that, good player at this level.

completely disagree. We need players who are match fit & up to speed. No good having a player who hasn't played regularly this season and is past his best.

Typical (recent) Charlton signing really.
  • He's been training with various clubs, including Rotherham
  • Would be a good signing if fit... which he obviously won't be initially due to lack of games. However if it's a deal until Christmas to prove his fitness with an option to the end of the season if he succeeds, then I'd be happy with this.

completely disagree. We need players who are match fit & up to speed. No good having a player who hasn't played regularly this season and is past his best.

But it's literally impossible to get players like that at this stage of the season isn't it?

We need numbers with a history of decent performances. That's the best way we're going to get - we can't be too picky.
  • Sponsored links:

Any match-ready new signing will only join in January. If Vaz Te is fairly fit (he's been trialling at a lot of clubs including Bournemouth and West Brom) then it might be good to get him in now while others are wavering. He doesn't have to play every minute....just enough to give Makienok a bit of a break.

So which match fit, peak of their abilities player do you expect us to sign in November then? All those top quality Championship players ready to be loaned out to us for no reason, or all the unattached players who have just been released due to an admin error and have already scored 30 goals in 10 games this season. Vaz Te is a decent player and he was excellent for Barnsley in the Championship when he got a run in the side and scored the winner to take West Ham up to the Premiership. He was pretty badly treated after that and we will have done very well to get him in if we do.
  • I heard that it was going to sign Jobi McAnuff
  • If we sign him they can play this in Crossbars turned up to 11 to save money on the DJ
  • cafc999 said:

I heard that it was going to sign Jobi McAnuff

not good recent news .. and he's 34 .. VERY good when at Reading, so why did they out him ?
    http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/13776484.Leyton_Orient_midfielder_Jobi_McAnuff_likely_to_have_played_last_game_for_club/

this .. VERY good a while ago but too long recently on the shelf .. gathering dust
  • Jobi McAnuff wouldnt be bad, he's the creative type we'd need but I'd put him signing on the same level as Mark Gower
  • Sponsored links:

• Always liked him while he was playing over here, but yet another half arsed signing. As someone said above, either some unknown from abroad or OAP whose played over here. Don't know what's worse.
  • cafc999 said:

I heard that it was going to sign Jobi McAnuff

I heard that but from a very unreliable source : - )
  • Jobi McAnuff wouldnt be bad, he's the creative type we'd need but I'd put him signing on the same level as Mark Gower

WAS a good player at this level.

Not so sure now at 34
  • Can't. Choosers. Beggars. Be.
  • Always liked him while he was playing over here, but yet another half arsed signing. As someone said above, either some unknown from abroad or OAP whose played over here. Don't know what's worse.

He is 29 if he is an OAP then I am f**king ancient

He is 29 if he is an OAP then I am f**king ancient
    Really? Jesus I'd have thought he'd be at least 33 ish by now....
  • Ex West ham players have been good for us . Vaz Te probably wants to join his old mates Diarra and Henderson