Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New signing? Vaz Te? (ed. Signed until end of season)

Comments

• ross1 said:

colin1961 said:

Well done to KM and RD for finding the money to get these two signings

Two signings? I thought we had only made one, do you mean Hadenough, or whatever the 34 year old from Orient, or is there someone else? Henderson seems to like Vaz-Te and he probably played with him at West Ham, so could be a useful striker, if he plays to his potential, but I would still rather KM gets Lookman to sign a long contract.
    Probably meant Lloydy Doyley or Good LordyMiss Clawdie.

• edited November 2015
    Looked a good player on that video tape but that was some years ago. Why is he floating around without a club? Why hasn't someone else snapped him up? Sounds a bit flaky to me. Is he fit? We were told we were over budget so he must have paid us. (:
  • sm said:

Just how many proven Championship strikers who are fit and currently knocking in goals are available outside the transfer window?

It's a good point, but maybe we wouldn't have to sign up what's left if we were a bit more proactive and ambitious in the summer instead of waiting until we're in a relegation fight every season.
    You're right of course, and it's frustrating, but what can we do? I'm kinda 50/50 on whether he will prove to be a worthwhile signing, but if he can re-discover the form he had for Barnsley and the first season with West Ham, we might be on to a winner. Unfortunately if he does do that, it will mean KM and RD will put another feather in their cap and think they are naturals at this football lark, but he could help us get enough points to stay up (can't believe I'm talking about survival and it's only November...).
  • Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:

colin1961 said:

Two signings? I thought we had only made one, do you mean Hadenough, or whatever the 34 year old from Orient, or is there someone else? Henderson seems to like Vaz-Te and he probably played with him at West Ham, so could be a useful striker, if he plays to his potential, but I would still rather KM gets Lookman to sign a long contract.
    Probably meant Lloydy Doyley or Good LordyMiss Clawdie.

He has said the same about 2 signings on another site and got the same reaction, never understand why he has to have a different name over there?
  • Roland does have over £500m so he can afford wages for another player.
  • J BLOCK said:

colin1961 said:

BWP to Bourenmouth on loan

But he couldn't do it for us in the champ apparently ...
    TBH he wasn't doing it for us in the champ was he? I mean, I liked the guy and everything, but he had half a good season for us out of two if I remember right?
  • edited November 2015
  • If the club is in listening mo

sm said:

Just how many proven Championship strikers who are fit and currently knocking in goals are available outside the transfer window?

It's a good point, but maybe we wouldn't have to sign up what's left if we were a bit more proactive and ambitious in the summer instead of waiting until we're in a relegation fight every season.
    That of course is the lesson that needs to be learnt - perhaps giving a little credit for a lesson learnt late will be rather more effective than ripping ourselves apart over the original problem?
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Vaz Te revealed that a phone call from Alou Diarra was a big part of him deciding to link up with the Addicks.

He said: “Alou called me to talk to me about the club and it seemed like a very good opportunity for me and I’m relishing it.

“He said it was a very good club with some good players and that it would be good for me to move here and get some games.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-ricardo-vaz-te-2800563.aspx#PauCoFlCUE6Dva2E.99

Right well, not only are the players telling the manager that the squad is good enough, they're making signings too. KF out, let the players manage themselves, that'll save Roly a few bob.
    Jumpers for goalposts...
  • sm said:

If the club is in listening mo

sm said:

That of course is the lesson that needs to be learnt - perhaps giving a little credit for a lesson learnt late will be rather more effective than ripping ourselves apart over the original problem?
    It hasn't been learnt for two years now. They're making the same mistakes over and over again, and that, is what is unforgivable for most fans.
  • Decent signing. Welcome to the network Ricardo
  • This is the problem you see as there are some who are concerned with the lack of communication from the club and others who are pissed of with results and why we have not spent 8 million on a striker.
    Good signing for us welcome Vaz
  • We will see.
  • good player lets hope he gets a few goals
  • cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

Well done the protesters for forcing them to loosen the purse strings.
    True, but we should be glad that they are taking notice - so praise where it is due: Well done RD & KM.
  • edited November 2015
    Very talented footballer in earlier years and could do well.
    Just hope not another Chris Eagles who was also once very talented.
    Fingers crossed and believe he'll be a good addition to the squad.
  • edited November 2015

Will prove to be a good signing once he's up to speed.

In April

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015

purdis said:

Very talented footballer in earlier years and could do well.
    Just hope not another Chris Eagles who was also once very talented.
    Fingers crossed and believe he'll be a good addition to the squad.

Eagles was decent I thought, came in got a few goals and generally did a decent job.
    Not hungry enough and not enough of a team player. Very capable, for sure.
    I wanted him to do well, like the rest of us and he showed glimpses.
    Was disappointed he didn't make the cut at The Valley.
    A player who could have been so much better if he forsook playing for himself and played more for the team instead.
    A mate of mine at Bolton said to me, "You've not signed that poser, have you", - harsh I thought but my mate was a regular at the Reebok.
    Tony Watt could learn a lot by studying Chris Eagles and understanding he could be a better player if he can learn to bring in other players to achieve the result.
    Chris had bags of talent and pace and could have achieved quite a bit more if he'd seen the bigger picture.
    Realise Curbs tried to sign him when he was at his best but at 29 years of age he should have had more left.
  • As Vaz Te said himself it was our man Alou 'YaYa' Diarra who got him to sign. scouts, the network, the coaches, the CEO and the owner were not involved.

seems a good singing. well done Yaya.

This YaYa must be coining it to pay his mate's wages
  • Any signing is a welcome addition to the squad and Vaz Te is the right side of 30 with good amounts of top flight experience in the Premiership, Scotland and Turkey. But.....including players loaned out and non playing we now have 13 forwards. The only presumption I would make is that several of these will go in January. Any suggestions for the exit door? Tucudean, Vetokele, Watt? Ansah? Pigott? Can we now have some extra defenders please?
  • What is happening with George? Loan cancelled so we are paying his wages I assume. Doubt he is at Sparrows Lane or we'd have heard. Can potentially play for us in 6 weeks but after 3 months out, it would be another month to get him up to speed. Is our CEO managing this asset?
  • We are slowly buying the entire West Ham 2013 squad

Is that the squad they got promoted with? :smile: