Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New signing? Vaz Te? (ed. Signed until end of season)

Comments

• If there's any sort of Premier League queue for him, which I doubt, then he should be pretty useful for us.
  • edited November 2015
    Treated poorly by West Ham... if this wiki report is true.

Vaz Tê signed for then Championship club West Ham United on 31 January 2012, for an undisclosed fee on a two-and-a-half year deal with an option for a third year.[18] Vaz Tê made his debut for the club, coming on as an 89th-minute substitute for Carlton Cole in the London derby against Millwall on 4 February. The game finished 2–1 to West Ham United.[19] On 21 February 2012, Vaz Tê scored his first goal for the Hammers, in a 4–1 victory at Blackpool.[20] Nicky Maynard and Gary O'Neil also scored their first professional goals for the club.[20] Vaz Tê scored his first hat-trick for West Ham on 14 April 2012, in West Ham United's 6–0 home victory against Brighton & Hove Albion.[21] West Ham finished 3rd behind Southampton entering the play-offs against Cardiff City. They won the first leg at the Cardiff City Stadium 2–0 and the second leg 3–0 at the Upton Park, with Vaz Tê scoring the second goal of the second game. West Ham progressed to the play-off final with a 5–0 aggregate victory. In the play-off final at Wembley on 19 May 2012, Vaz Tê scored the winning goal in the 87th minute.[22] It was the 24th goal Vaz Tê had scored in the 2011–12 season.[3]

He was in the starting line-up from the beginning of the 2012–13 season scoring his first Premier League goal for West Ham in their 2–1 away win at QPR on 1 October 2012.[23] In the very next game, on 6 October 2012 at home to Arsenal, Vaz Tê dislocated his shoulder, an injury which kept him out of the team for nearly 3 months.[24] Vaz Tê returned to the side on 29 December in an away game at Reading, he was brought on with 23 minutes remaining and his side down 1–0 and went on to miss a glaring opportunity to draw the match, as West Ham lost.[25] Sam Allardyce said it was one of the greatest ever chances to score in the Premier League and the Portuguese striker agreed, and apologised to the Hammers fans.[26]

He started the 2013–14 season as a 90th-minute substitute, replacing Joe Cole, in a 2–0 home win against Cardiff City.[27] He scored his first goal of the season in a League Cup second round fixture against Cheltenham Town on 27 August 2013, when he scored the opening goal from a free-kick in 42nd minute of the match, which ended a 2–1 win for West Ham.[28] He later received a Goal of the Month club award for that goal.[29] After the Cheltenham win, on 28 August 2013, Vaz Tê handed in a transfer request. His statement regarding this said, "The statistics are evident to all but, despite this, it has been made obvious to myself and my representatives that I am not in the manager's plans. Therefore, it is with a heavy heart that I submit a transfer request and look to join a club where my approach to the game will be appreciated."[30] He has remained at West Ham for at least until the winter transfer period and has committed himself to the club.[31] Following his transfer request Vaz Te played four games in September 2013, scoring once and three games in October scoring twice, in games against Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City. These proved to be his last goals for the club.[32] In his next game, on 27 October 2013, he dislocated his shoulder against Swansea City.[33] He did not return to the first team until 15 April 2014 when he played 12 minutes against Arsenal in a 1-3 defeat.[34] In the 2014-15 season he was rarely picked by manager Sam Allardyce making only four league appearances and one in the league cup.[35] His last game came on 22 November 2014 in a 2-1 away defeat to Everton and on 17 January 2015, his contract was terminated by the club.[35][36]
  • Probably just softening us up for the return of George Tucudean.
  • sm said:

Probably just softening us up for the return of George Tucudean.

Another one of our successful purchases.
  • One thought... How did our last two signings from West Ham do?

Wouldnt that be Diarra and Henderson?
  • Sooner have Te Vez
  • Pleased with this. No doubt he can do job for us if we can get him fit and keep him injury free.
  • Sponsored links:

• He could prove to be a VERY good signing .. let's all hope so & wish him all the best and give him all the support he deserves
  • This is good news.
  • We've actually signed someone I've heard of!

in all seriousness, good signing in my opinion, could surprise a few I reckon.
  • Brilliant signing.
  • edited November 2015
    I have a feeling this could be a good signing, clearly has some pedigree - let's just hope we can get him fit and hungry and he becomes our next Diarra rather than our next Bikey.

Always a worry when you see a player who has never played over 60 games for any club that they have been at. However you have to imagine he has mixed in well with the lads and wants to play for us, otherwise we would not have signed him................ (maybe)
  • Until the end of the season. Good news
  • Finally, a player that I've heard of before! :wink: I remember I watched a West Ham game against Spurs two years ago in which he scored a goal. Hopefully he'll do well for us.
  • Happy with this, we need depth up front with all the injuries we've had.

Wonder what kind of a wage he's on though? Must be pretty high coming straight from West Ham.
  • Glad to see we've snapped up Ricardo. First thought was that this signing will add to the competition among the front men which can only be a good thing.
    Second thought, can he cover at RB if needed?
    :)
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't fathom how anyone would have a problem with this. Transfer fee? Zero. Does it strengthen other teams? No. Are we missing out on other players by pursuing him? No. Are we short on goalscorers? Yes. Is this a player with a good scoring record in the Championship? He scored 24 goals last time he had a full season there, so yes. Are there any other suggestions for experienced Championship players we could bring in outside of the transfer window? I haven't heard anyone suggest any.

What is there to moan about? If he's rubbish we'll let him go at the end of his short term deal, if he's great then good news everyone, he's great!

Excellent post, nothing more to add.
  • Glad we got him and not Shola Ameobi!
  • Ok so end of the season is good. Gives him time to get fit and then to make some kind of impact. There's definitely a lot worse players out there, I think it's a decent acquisition.
  • Be a good player to put on in the final 10-15mins if someone like Makienok gets tired, he's quick and can head the ball something I'm not confident the others (Watt / Reza) can do when the pull is pumped up top
  • Kudos to @Terry Naylor for the breaking news
  • Good fit for our vacant Left Wing position.
  • I predict that after a couple of initial sub appearances he won't be seen as 'cover'
  • Very pleased with Vaz Te signing.