Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New signing? Vaz Te? (ed. Signed until end of season)

Comments

• cabbles said:

Have we got room for him given Yann, 2 other Bournemouth players, james Henry and Chris Malkin are on their way in

Not forgetting Delort.
  • Davo55 said:

Can't. Choosers. Beggars. Be.

Are you Yoda in disguise?
  • Would 100% takeVaz te, proven at this level and has Champ exp,Isn't that what we have been banging on about wanting for a while now.

It would appear to be what some here have been asking for. However, I suspect in some cases it's just a cases it's more for the purpose of asking for what we are not getting. Once it is what we are getting then another reason has to be found to moan.
  • Wanted us to sign him a few years back. Very good player but has all that time out ruined his mojo?
  • Would 100% takeVaz te, proven at this level and has Champ exp,Isn't that what we have been banging on about wanting for a while now.

i thought that was what was wanted for our new manager .........
  • only just turned 29, so at least he has a good few years left in him.
  • I assume that he will be cover for Igor (after his operation) and Watt (after his, well whatever it is)
  • What the hell is it about the recruitment, if we are not bringing over rubbish we're signing players that have played next to no football in the past 18 months.

Correct, as they are cheap.... we then bumble through the season hoping to get them up to speed to sell on at a profit...

a model that, in truth, is potentially sustainable ... and if we are doign well in January and Roly puts in more as we have a sniff of the Prem ... simple...

fits the model...

• Sponsored links:

• Ex West ham players have been good for us . Vaz Te probably wants to join his old mates Diarra and Henderson

Signing half fit players one third of the way through the season shows how wrong the recruitment policy was at the start of the season. As this is a repeat of last season,how many times will they make the same mistake?
  • edited November 2015
    cabbles said:

Have we got room for him given Yann, 2 other Bournemouth players, james Henry and Chris Malkin are on their way in

We could have a group signing photo, with them all sitting on the Sofa and "Scarfy" as a anti-mocasar.
  • Would be happy with Vaz Te - has a lot of pace, and can play up wide or up front.

Like others have stated, it is a bit of a gamble, but then anyone without a contract is going to have a bit of baggage.

No to McAnuff though, we have enough thirty something midfielders as it is.
  • Would be happy with Vaz Te - has a lot of pace, and can play up wide or up front.

Like others have stated, it is a bit of a gamble, but then anyone without a contract is going to have a bit of baggage.

No to McAnuff though, we have enough thirty something midfielders as it is.

If you count Diarra as a centre back then the only 30 something midfielder we have is JJ?

Not necessarily saying McAnuff is the answer, but a bit more experience may be a good thing
  • Yes to Vaz Te. Happy with Doyley as an emergency cover for Solly. I know it was a joke on here but Stephen Kelly is still available. As for McAnuff I think I would have preferred to keep Eagles or have signed Pennant.
  • colin1961 said:

BWP to Bourenmouth on loan

But he couldn't do it for us in the champ apparently ...
  • mascot88 said:

What the hell is it about the recruitment, if we are not bringing over rubbish we're signing players that have played next to no football in the past 18 months.

Correct, as they are cheap.... we then bumble through the season hoping to get them up to speed to sell on at a profit...

a model that, in truth, is potentially sustainable ... and if we are doign well in January and Roly puts in more as we have a sniff of the Prem ... simple...

fits the model...

If we are in the bottom 3, in January, isn't that just as much of a reason for RD to get his wallet out? Will he though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ex West ham players have been good for us . Vaz Te probably wants to join his old mates Diarra and Henderson

Tommy Taylor wasn't up to much (don't think he even managed a game!) but I take your point.

Friday fun....name the bad ones from West Ham.....Mike Small. I win.
  • Simonsen said:

Ex West ham players have been good for us . Vaz Te probably wants to join his old mates Diarra and Henderson

Tommy Taylor wasn't up to much (don't think he even managed a game!) but I take your point.

Not so fast...I give you Frank Nouble
  • Simonsen said:

Ex West ham players have been good for us . Vaz Te probably wants to join his old mates Diarra and Henderson

A spirited fightback I grant you. Reckon I'm still 40-30 up with Mike Small though....
  • Vaz Te agent pursued the Club to get the deal done. Short term deal with a view to extend it if he impresses

• I don't quite understand the 'good player at this level'. Wasn't it nearly 5 years ago he was decent at this level? He's barely played any football. Underwhelmed with this, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

After looking at the stats, sorry is was 2011/12 he was decent at this level with Barnsley then West Ham - still not sure on him.
  • Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

A spirited fightback I grant you. Reckon I'm still 40-30 up with Mike Small though....
    I'll have a go........ Billy Landsdowne
  • I don't quite understand the 'good player at this level'. Wasn't it nearly 5 years ago he was decent at this level? He's barely played any football. Underwhelmed with this, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

After looking at the stats, sorry is was 2011/12 he was decent at this level with Barnsley then West Ham - still not sure on him.

And then subsequently he played in the premier league for West Ham. So he was decent at a higher level more recently.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

I'll have a go........ Billy Landsdowne
    Yeah...that one had me stretching a bit on my back-hand....

To be fair, I never saw him play apart from one grainy, Finches(?) video (remember them?) He made Darren Ambrose look like Chopper Harris.
  • Ps...look up Ron Harris's wiki page. The last line is magic.
  • Turned down by Rotherham this week.