Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New signing? Vaz Te? (ed. Signed until end of season)

Comments

• Simonsen said:

Friday fun....name the bad ones from West Ham.....Mike Small. I win.

Manager... Alan Pardew
  • IA said:

Simonsen said:

Friday fun....name the bad ones from West Ham.....Mike Small. I win.

Manager... Alan Pardew
    Yep. Deuce.
  • By the time he gets fit, his loan will be over and we'll label him a flop. He will then move on to another club, fully fit, and do well. I can see it coming :smile:
  • not a loan, he's a free agent
  • I thought we were going to sign him about 5 years ago, i was excited then, i think the excitement has long gone, who next Hayden Mullins?
  • If he's anything like he was a few years ago, he will be a good signing. Ok he'll be rusty but should be a better option than Kennedy.

Who else do we have apart from Makienok & Reza ?

Watt, seemingly not fit/motivated or something. Vetokele had an op & out until the end of January. KAG, good lad, but thrown in too early and we need a little more experience.
  • Ok not loan then, but I heard we only had him until the new year
  • Sponsored links:

• And when will we actually announce it?
  • Turned down by Rotherham as he wasn't willing to be put through his paces one bit. He's a lazy player and on the same exact same recruitment lines as TW, terrible when it's not going well and moments of magic when it is.

Lazy scouting, go for someone that someone else turned down and try hope he changes his ways.
  • Turned down by Rotherham as he wasn't willing to be put through his paces one bit. He's a lazy player and on the same exact same recruitment lines as TW, terrible when it's not going well and moments of magic when it is.

Lazy scouting, go for someone that someone else turned down and try hope he changes his ways.

yeah cause there are loads of decent free signings out there at the moment

Perhaps he didn't like Rotherham.

If he trials well for us, we might sign him.

If he doesn't, I'd guess we probably won't.
  • There is no doubt, that guy IS a finisher. Bring him in quick before Roland digs deep into his network for another waste of space.
  • A few PL clubs (e.g. Bournemouth) were linked with him, but he wouldn't be able to play in the PL until January, whereas there are no restrictions in the Championship.

The downside of signing him is that he may only be using us to put himself in the shop window for January, but then 6 weeks of him trying to impress PL scouts might be handy
  • Granpa said:

There is no doubt, that guy IS a finisher. Bring him in quick before Roland digs deep into his network for another waste of space.

If he recreates the form from Barnsley (10-goals in 22-games) then yes
    If he recreates the form from when he first joined West Ham (10-goals in 15-games) then yes
  • Has it been put out officially that he was turned down by the millers? If not, it could be a million reasons why he didn't sign for them.
  • J BLOCK said:

colin1961 said:

BWP to Bourenmouth on loan

But he couldn't do it for us in the champ apparently ...
    Nor Brentford in Lge1 when we loaned him there!
  • The pool of players available to us at this moment is not going to be very big and we need reinforcements pdq. I would think that Vaz Te was about as good as anything we could hope for until January when hopefully RD provides some funds.
  • Sponsored links:

Maybe he didn't want to move back up north after being in the bright lights of the capital?
  • J BLOCK said:

colin1961 said:

BWP to Bourenmouth on loan

But he couldn't do it for us in the champ apparently ...
    Nor Brentford in Lge1 when we loaned him there!
    I dont think he can cut it higher than League One but in fairness wasnt he played out wide for Brentford?
  • edited November 2015
    Davo55 said:

Can't. Choosers. Beggars. Be.

Would be fantastic if we could sign Tevaz

Dyslexia rules KO.

• too bloody sensible that
  • Has he actually signed? Or just training with us?
  • I can't fathom how anyone would have a problem with this. Transfer fee? Zero. Does it strengthen other teams? No. Are we missing out on other players by pursuing him? No. Are we short on goalscorers? Yes. Is this a player with a good scoring record in the Championship? He scored 24 goals last time he had a full season there, so yes. Are there any other suggestions for experienced Championship players we could bring in outside of the transfer window? I haven't heard anyone suggest any.

What is there to moan about? If he's rubbish we'll let him go at the end of his short term deal, if he's great then good news everyone, he's great!

I would agree. I guess the only thing against would be that if he is no good, there is a possibility we've used up a precious moment to sign someone who does want to put in a shift. However, as has already been stated, who else is around at this particular moment? Let's give him a chance, give him some support, and who knows, it could be a good signing. The only thing that worries me is his fitness and how long it will take to get him up to speed.
  • Turned down by Rotherham this week.

This'll translate into the following:

Rejected by Rotherham... Signed by Charlton: Bloody isnt good enough for us if Rotherham turned him down
    Signed by Rotherham... Rejected by Charlton: Jesus are we not signing anyone, he / she / it could have done a job for us
    Ah I see you saw the Joe Cole to Coventry thread...
  • Dazzler21 said:

Turned down by Rotherham this week.

This'll translate into the following:

Rejected by Rotherham... Signed by Charlton: Bloody isnt good enough for us if Rotherham turned him down
    Signed by Rotherham... Rejected by Charlton: Jesus are we not signing anyone, he / she / it could have done a job for us
    Ah I see you saw the Joe Cole to Coventry thread...
    Nah been on CharltonLife for 2.5 years now ;)
  • A few PL clubs (e.g. Bournemouth) were linked with him, but he wouldn't be able to play in the PL until January, whereas there are no restrictions in the Championship.

The downside of signing him is that he may only be using us to put himself in the shop window for January, but then 6 weeks of him trying to impress PL scouts might be handy

He has history for doing this as well.a couple of seasons ago he left Barnsley for West Ham when the Tykes had been the only people ready to take a punt on him the previous summer.