Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments on the Opening Presentation

123457»

Comments

• I can see the logic in all your arguements LFE but I'm not at the stage of cancelling yet.

All I would add that if you, or others are cancelling VG, STs, sponsorship etc then please write to the club and state your reasons for doing so.

Otherwise it could be ignored or dismissed as being for another reason.

That won't stop it getting ignored or dismissed...

:-)
    Quite possible but the new guy who's job it is to promote VG must be dismayed to see so many long time members drop out. At least he'll be able to say that 2% were as a result of unhappiness with the way the football club is being run.
    :smile:

But yes, each month when we meet Jack presents the promoter's report, which includes new members and cancellations. We do try to capture the reasons for cancellation for obvious reasons.
  • I thought the presentation and Qand A was very good and concluded with much the same conclusion made at Woolwich that communication could be better. I really hope the whole thing is the start of something very tangible as then all the people who felt they were a part of the club before can feel more a part of the club now. As an outsider to the Back to the Valley campaign I think those people involved feel a sense of not being recognised and appreciated for what they did and there is/was a strong feeling of resentment towards anyone who does not recognise what they did and and in some cases are still doing. At Woolwich I did sense this very strongly and if a Fans forum could be videoed each time and put on Charlton Life or some other site then I for one would happily spend a few hours watching and taking it all in; it was compelling viewing on this occasion not least because one sensed a tension in the air . I thought that Katrien and Richard were very honest and open and the only personality trait affecting her ability to successfully run the club is Katrien's sensitivity to criticism which unfortunately she has to forget about and think only of Charlton . Her age (without wanting to sound patronising) is a contributory factor in this and if only she can forget about criticism and feel secure in her great sense of purpose which I truly believe she has. It, for her, took a lot of courage to stand up there but actually it should not have for that is her job and she should be leading us all into a better tomorrow rather than getting to caught up with her critics. Personal abuse in football is never excusable and I would want to exclude any sort of behaviour which I have witnessed countless times at away games which is both mysoginistic and obscene. Anyway the questions asked covered a lot of areas quite successfully and it was particularly interesting to hear Johnnie Jackson talk about the new manager and what a positive thing that is; obviously he is going to say that being more involved but I am a big fan of JJ and the more leadership going on in that club the better. This is where Katrien falls slightly short as she is no great persuader of other people; if anything she endears herself to us by simply being a nice person in a difficult situation (viz. Charlton's league position) and giving various things to think on. I would call her more a facilitator than a leader and as such she does a good job. I think if she were 10 years older with more experience she would convince us all a lot more. Final conclusion; I am glad that it was all videoed and I really hope this kind of thing happens regularly. Well done all.
  • I just happen to be a free-thinker who can make my own mind up from what I know and see and find the idea that I am not so belittling to say the least.
  • I just happen to be a free-thinker who can make my own mind up from what I know and see and find the idea that I am not so belittling to say the least.

You come across as one of those rare people who see no ill in anyone but to do this you have to ignore many obvious facts. Dream on, John.

Was only joking mate.
  • The first time i spoke to Katrien Meire was in Crossbars at the open day when the new pitch had been laid, and i said to her that we have a premier pitch and it would be great to have a premier team to play on it.
    She looked into my eyes; and said we must be patience and not rush things !
    The story of my life.
    I Then had a photo taken with her where she was hands on(just around the shoulder) and i thought fine, she going to be a straight talker and approachable.
    Since then she has scored more own goals than Richard Dunn.
    She may still have her road to Damascus moment but i'm not convinced she will ever admit it, but she could endorse some of the issues that have been put to her.
    It will be a very tough gig for her now to rebuild the bridges because the trust has gone with so many fans.
    2 many % for KM to recover ?

I did my own protest by taking the picture of the two of us off the wallpaper on my phone and put the pic of my Daughter back on instead.

We must all make Sacrifices !
  • I thought the presentation and Qand A was very good and concluded with much the same conclusion made at Woolwich that communication could be better. I really hope the whole thing is the start of something very tangible as then all the people who felt they were a part of the club before can feel more a part of the club now. As an outsider to the Back to the Valley campaign I think those people involved feel a sense of not being recognised and appreciated for what they did and there is/was a strong feeling of resentment towards anyone who does not recognise what they did and and in some cases are still doing. At Woolwich I did sense this very strongly and if a Fans forum could be videoed each time and put on Charlton Life or some other site then I for one would happily spend a few hours watching and taking it all in; it was compelling viewing on this occasion not least because one sensed a tension in the air . I thought that Katrien and Richard were very honest and open and the only personality trait affecting her ability to successfully run the club is Katrien's sensitivity to criticism which unfortunately she has to forget about and think only of Charlton . Her age (without wanting to sound patronising) is a contributory factor in this and if only she can forget about criticism and feel secure in her great sense of purpose which I truly believe she has. It, for her, took a lot of courage to stand up there but actually it should not have for that is her job and she should be leading us all into a better tomorrow rather than getting to caught up with her critics. Personal abuse in football is never excusable and I would want to exclude any sort of behaviour which I have witnessed countless times at away games which is both mysoginistic and obscene. Anyway the questions asked covered a lot of areas quite successfully and it was particularly interesting to hear Johnnie Jackson talk about the new manager and what a positive thing that is; obviously he is going to say that being more involved but I am a big fan of JJ and the more leadership going on in that club the better. This is where Katrien falls slightly short as she is no great persuader of other people; if anything she endears herself to us by simply being a nice person in a difficult situation (viz. Charlton's league position) and giving various things to think on. I would call her more a facilitator than a leader and as such she does a good job. I think if she were 10 years older with more experience she would convince us all a lot more. Final conclusion; I am glad that it was all videoed and I really hope this kind of thing happens regularly. Well done all.

I agree with some of this and believe that KM should resign and come back in 10 years time, when she has the necessary experience to fulfill her role competently.