Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• She said incoming transfers at £9m were higher than fees received so "we still have a way to go"!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2. the £9m spent on players pay no reference to what has been received for players.

Those we have received fees for have been:

Gomez
    Wiggins
    Poyet
    Le Point
    Stephens
    Kermorgant
    Button

We may also have received further payments for

Ajeyi
    Jenkinson
    Francis / McCormack
    Shelvey

We were led to believe by the club the reported £3.5m for Gomez was false, it was a lot more than that. Depending on whatever that was, the whole £9m could equally have been received back in fees

In addition to this as pointed out on another thread by @RedPanda

She's likely to be including Watt, Nego, Tucudean, Reza, etc as well, so not money Roland has spent but cash he's moved from one branch to another.
  • se9addick said:

So we have the first nine minutes of video, here's my honest, trying to be objective take (I have time to kill waiting for a flight);

So we have the first night nine minutes (basically Katrien doing her best Ian Dowie impression with PowerPoint slides) - there are three objectives;

1. Charlton to be competitive in the Championship, pushing for promotion (we are in the relegation zone)

2. To achieve regular 20k crowds (taking away fans out we're circa 10,000 off of that and certainly worse than before she rocked up)

3. To improve performances on the pitch (see point one)

They then go on to say how much they've invested in the club, apparently the playing budget has gone up 40% but where is this money coming from ? Has Roland stumped it up or is the club being saddled with debt ?

20/25 players have contracts extending beyond this summer. Can't argue with that, it's stability that we haven't had for a long time.

She then goes on to talk about "growing attendances and engaging with fans" it all sounds lovely, but in reality attendances are worse and I think we all agree that "engagement" is at an all time low

I assume this gets better in the upcoming videos - so far I'm not sold

• God love her!

Did the fans come in after that? Only despite her asking, apart from the transfers, no one challenged her at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see nothing in this presentation that explains the actual strategy to become a 'competitive championship club with premiership ambitions'.

'We want to have the dialogue' - so do we!
  • Just shared this with some friends who support other clubs. Opening comments:

'Starting with fans want to know the strategy, I think we've already explained the strategy many times' - nice!

'How is she allowed to run a football club?'
  • Just shared this with some friends who support other clubs. Opening comments:

'Starting with fans want to know the strategy, I think we've already explained the strategy many times' - nice!

You can see she's rattled by all this and maybe that's a good start moving forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

se9addick said:

Nug said:

Just shared this with some friends who support other clubs. Opening comments:

You can see she's rattled by all this and maybe that's a good start moving forward.
    Not sure if it's that she's rattled, but one of her first comments was something like "I'll spell out the strategy in black & white, I know that's a popular phrase at the moment" with a casual glance back to her panel of randoms sitting behind her, not sure I liked that.
    I was thinking more about the comment that she's explained all this before, very condescending.
    Sorry, yes agreed, I was just highlighting the other part that I thought was a bit condescending too. I have to assume it gets better than this first nine minutes because the people that were actually there reported back that it was a lot better than the tweets, not seeing that right now.
  • stonemuse said:

I see nothing in this presentation that explains the actual strategy to become a 'competitive championship club with premiership ambitions'.

I just said similar on the other thread - what she states are objectives, not strategy. She tells us what they are trying to do, but not how they are trying to do it. And I don't count breaking even as a strategy - certainly not to achieve those objectives!

I took it as break even by player sales was the objective. What she showed eg increasing attendances, creating young players and giving them long contracts which push up their value etc was the strategy. Eg her comment about having some way to go for sales to cover transfers in.
  • I posted this in the other thread:

It's just they same old garbage isn't it. 'We want to be a competitive Championship club with Premier League ambitions'. Great. So do we. So does everyone. But what are they actually doing about it? For the past two and a half seasons we've either signed totally inadequate players (Nego, Piotr, Lepoint) or signed decent players who have barely played any football in the past year making them injury concerns (Mak, Kashi, Ceballos), and we've never had a sufficiently deep squad to challenge. Add to that the fact we've had five different managers because they keep employing inadequate ones or not retaining decent ones and it makes the stated key aim completely pointless. There's no point stating your objective like it matters if you don't approach achieving it in the right way. She may as well have said our ambitions are to win the Champions League on seven consecutive occasions starting from next year, it would be about as useful.

Was she really pressed on the lack of depth in the squad (two seasons running) and the wildly hit and miss nature of player acquisition?
  • She wore her poppy correctly!
  • stonemuse said:

I see nothing in this presentation that explains the actual strategy to become a 'competitive championship club with premiership ambitions'.

I just said similar on the other thread - what she states are objectives, not strategy. She tells us what they are trying to do, but not how they are trying to do it. And I don't count breaking even as a strategy - certainly not to achieve those objectives!

No she didn't really explain it and frustratingly I think the execution was the bit that most suffered from our difficulty in controlling the meeting. She did state those were objectives - it was the slide heading - and I think she was trying to show that investment in the playing side, growing attendances, improving engagement and developing the Academy were the methods by which the objectives will be achieved. It was extremely high level though, and left more questions than answers.

She was visibly nervous I think in this section and the early part of the subsequent questions.