Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments on the Opening Presentation

Comments

• If that's what you can pull from 9 minutes then I'll have to set Saturday aside to read your musings on the subsequent 90 minutes of meeting !
  • PL54 said:

How have they spent £4.5M on The Valley? OK, £1M or so on the pitch but were the new seats, big screen, sofa that expensive?!

Do you know otherwise?
    The sofa came from a DFS sale!
  • Chunes said:

"I thought I explained this three or four times already" is an interesting (edit - condescending) way to start

And further confirmation that as a CEO she is totally out of her depth. Her people skills are atrocious.

If anybody needs removing from the board I would suggest it's her , and any chants from fans should be directed at her first, before Roland.

• The club shop fella though!

Maybe he is the next head of the communications team.
  • Not sure she did her CV much good last night. All on YouTube for anyone to dissect in the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• How have they spent £4.5M on The Valley? OK, £1M or so on the pitch but were the new seats, big screen, sofa that expensive?!

It is a very nice sofa so it might have cost that much
  • KF told me after the Boro game that he got a call straight after the defeat to Brentford from KM
  • "There is simply no understanding of why people's discontent has evolved and escalated, and the fact that there approach is to put the responsibility on true Charlton fans to drown out these 'negative people' is just so disappointing". AFKA

After watching the video in full I agree with this statement entirely. She just does not "get it" in my opinion. I cannot see any progress being made with KM in charge as she just seems to be living in a cocoon. Her overall responses to the fans concerns left me feeling there will be little change in emphasis with the way our club will be run under this current ownership. We need owners who know how to run a football club but I realise there is not a queue banging on Charlton's door. It seems we will we have to get used to an apparent fall-back strategy of hurriedly finding sticking plasters for the team every January Window to keep us in the Championship. Are all the future seasons going to be the same under this leadership and if so where will be the attraction for another 10K new fans?
  • "Operations

13. 25 senior player squad - only 5 out of contract
    14. Academy is at the heart of all the operations
    15. Most young players are signed up on long term contract"

Are THD, RCC and Lookman included in the 25? What are their contract situations? If any of them are successful, they won't be with us for long.

Not seen either video yet but did see comment on Tuesday on the number of Over-50s in the fan base. As someone approaching 50, does she not want us anymore?
  • KM's assertion that only 2% of the crowd were protesting and that those not in favour of a protest should stand up against this 'minority' shows that she ...still ...has no concept of the dissatisfaction in the fan base.

Police estimates were 700 protesting; add to that the many hundreds that did not even bother to turn up to the game (their own silent protest), many more who are unhappy but would not want to join, or could not join, a protest, plus those who are stating that they will not renew their season ticket and the figure is much higher.

I believe the meeting was a start, but only a start. Despite claims to the contrary, we did not see a strategy, merely aims and objectives. The three action points that the club have committed to are positive ...if a year or so late.

They now need to step up to the plate and take on responsibility for those action points and ...far more importantly ...be accountable for delivery and success of those aims.

Regular dialogue can only be good and is an important building block in any successful institution.

Having said that, I am fully aware that the majority of the fans could not care less about dialogue if the results are going in the right direction.
  • DOUCHER said:

Do we not think the whole PowerPoint thing is in response to the black and white thing? Told u its a pointless campaign -all we want is a decent manager and team

So pointless that she noticed it, is aware of it and tried, and failed, to address it.

I'm fine if people don't agree with the aims or think it doesn't go far enough but to claim that it is pointless when it is clearly hitting home is ludicrous.

It's been going for about two weeks and it has already been responded to.

Sure, she trying to laugh it off but that because she doesn't have an adult response.

and what did it achieve? her putting down in black and white on a powerpoint presentation what she has already stated previously - there again, we all have different agendas - as I state - 99% just want some action rather than words - playersa nd a manager - others hate being cut off from the communication and can't get over it - you need to get over yourselves
  • Just to elaborate if I may - the purpose of our protest should be to try and change the way they are going about things - its not that we don't know what there aims / objectives are - we do and its tedious keep asking what they are. We need them to accept that they may need to adjust by bringing in a 'proper' manager and some proven championship quality players to help in the short to mid term - that is what this protest should be about. I also think that a lot of you will look back and be embarrassed with the way you have treated / referred to a woman who (however inexperienced in her position she may be) is just a human being doing her best - You really all need to take a step back before you lose all credibility.
  • Arrogant, dismissive, amateur and inaccurate... from our CEO...

On with the protest
  • edited November 2015
    DOUCHER said:

Just to elaborate if I may - the purpose of our protest should be to try and change the way they are going about things - its not that we don't know what there aims / objectives are - we do and its tedious keep asking what they are. We need them to accept that they may need to adjust by bringing in a 'proper' manager and some proven championship quality players to help in the short to mid term - that is what this protest should be about. I also think that a lot of you will look back and be embarrassed with the way you have treated / referred to a woman who (however inexperienced in her position she may be) is just a human being doing her best - You really all need to take a step back before you lose all credibility.

They said in the video that if KF does Ok he will stay. Wise up we are stuck with KF, there is no ongoing search, if KF loses the best 5-6 matches then they will install another Roland puppet, its what they do.

It was said in the video that Charlton are not known as having an aggressive fanbase. So for grown men and women (yes there were women there too, KM failed to mention that) to stage a protest, the club have monumentally f**ked up.
    So she got called a few names etc, tough f**king shit, football is about passion, its tribal, KM with her 'little girl lost' face trying to garner sympathy was pathetic, if she was a 60 year old bloke the same things would have been said, so she appears to not have a bloody clue what she has done and does not understand football and our club, and judging by your constant snipes at the protests then you understand as much about our club as KM does.
  • FRank Sinatra said the only thing he owed the public was a good performance. He didn't say if he sang out of tune he'd come and have a dialogue with his fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• FRank Sinatra said the only thing he owed the public was a good performance. He didn't say if he sang out of tune he'd come and have a dialogue with his fans.

If Frank Sinatra sang like Charlton play then he wouldn't have any fans.
  • One of the things that concerned me most from the meeting was that they seem perfectly happy to go from manager to manager as long as we are getting the bounce each time to secure some points. She didn't seem to get that we also lose a lot of points when an inexperienced manager finally gets found out. I would like to have seen her taken to task on this a bit more.

Yes this is perfectly true, but it's so obvious when you look at the league tables that if she really can't see it then there is no point in trying to explain it to her, so I don't blame anyone for not pressing her on it.
  • edited November 2015
    I don't think KM can win to be honest - which I suppose is largely her fault for backing herself into a corner with poor communication early on, as well as just taking the job in the first place. I think that owning up to getting things wrong would be a good start, which she kind of does sometimes without actually saying it explicitly or apologising, which is frustrating.

Yeah, the presentation was high-level and doesn't answer much, but if she'd stood there for 30+ minutes (still quite short to cover essentially everything about the club) we'd say that she was eating into 'discussion time' and not listening to supporters or something. My opinion is that overall it was a bit 'meh' - doesn't answer much, but it did make me feel like (despite all of the hysteria) that there's nothing sinister going on in the background and we are getting some serious money pumped into club's infrastructure. There's just been so many mistakes across the board to be owned up to - from managerial appointments and player recruitment to simple logistics of coaches/season tickets/databases/sofas all in this painfully poorly executed attempt at improving the club. I think the character assassinations of KM are very harsh, but the criticisms of how well she's doing her job are much less harsh.
  • Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Just to elaborate if I may - the purpose of our protest should be to try and change the way they are going about things - its not that we don't know what there aims / objectives are - we do and its tedious keep asking what they are. We need them to accept that they may need to adjust by bringing in a 'proper' manager and some proven championship quality players to help in the short to mid term - that is what this protest should be about. I also think that a lot of you will look back and be embarrassed with the way you have treated / referred to a woman who (however inexperienced in her position she may be) is just a human being doing her best - You really all need to take a step back before you lose all credibility.

They said in the video that if KF does Ok he will stay. Wise up we are stuck with KF, there is no ongoing search, if KF loses the best 5-6 matches then they will install another Roland puppet, its what they do.

It was said in the video that Charlton are not known as having an aggressive fanbase. So for grown men and women (yes there were women there too, KM failed to mention that) to stage a protest, the club have monumentally f**ked up.
    So she got called a few names etc, tough f**king shit, football is about passion, its tribal, KM with her 'little girl lost' face trying to garner sympathy was pathetic, if she was a 60 year old bloke the same things would have been said, so she appears to not have a bloody clue what she has done and does not understand football and our club, and judging by your constant snipes at the protests then you understand as much about our club as KM does.
    I didn't say the protest was pointless - I said the black and white, write it down thing was - I also said the protest should be about changing things but I stand by my statement - grown men f'ing and blinding, getting personal and all the rest of it - sort yourself out. Season ticket holder continuous since 1 was 12 - now 44. selhurst, west ham , valley before and after, helped club re build ground when came back, helped with leaflets for campaign etc etc - understand fully what its all about but I wouldn't expect you to take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound so you crack on.
  • The presentation was the sort of low standard id expect from some arrogant idiot on the Apprentice.

In fairness to KM I will not look upon her as a CEO, but as some dirty old businessman's bit of London skirt.
  • stonemuse said:

KM's assertion that only 2% of the crowd were protesting and that those not in favour of a protest should stand up against this 'minority' shows that she ...still ...has no concept of the dissatisfaction in the fan base.

What pisses me off is that she has thrown around this 2% figure (which equates to about 200 based on current actual turnouts) and somehow in her corporate-trained mind has taken that to mean 98% think she's the next best thing since sliced bread. Suggest she get some of her spies to sit away from the rarified atmosphere of the directors' box and report back to her at the unhappiness in the stands