Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments on the Opening Presentation

Comments

• Gotta say, while I don't distrust KM or this regime as much as most of you do (I see them as idealistic rather than malign), making a fucking Powerpoint presentation was a total idiot move
  • She might be a shit CEO but what a great politition in the making
  • I genuinely think I've seen better presentations and delivery when I was doing my A-levels last year.

I honestly think I could have knocked that up and I'm just a kid that wants to go and listen to house music over a beer in crossbars at 1pm...

Ironically, this is written horrendously with both paragraphs starting nearly identically. Whoops. :-)
  • I genuinely think I've seen better presentations and delivery when I was doing my A-levels last year.

I honestly think I could have knocked that up and I'm just a kid that wants to go and listen to house music over a beer in crossbars at 1pm...

You're much more than that Joe.

Surely you're much more than that...
  • rikofold said:

I genuinely think I've seen better presentations and delivery when I was doing my A-levels last year.

You're right, house music is shit. :-).

I'm more into DnB.

However even if they got someone amazing in to do a set, I wouldn't be going at 1pm at the football!

The more I think about that decision the more laughable it becomes. So out of touch it's incredible.

• PL54 said:

It's not the best presentation style for sure but she'd have had to walked on water or resigned to please most on here.

She outlined the headline / strategic ambitions and said that they were high level - this was not going to be about the nitty-gritty of everything.

However, they haven't made progress on any of the 3 or 4 objectives (fan numbers, team performance, academy and financial stability as well I assume) so I wonder how long they have been on the agenda or at least succinctly articulated like this ?

She has now publicly stated that she wants fan engagement, dialogue and joint working to achieve some of the those aims - this needs to be picked and pushed through asap by someone or an appropriate body. If she now stalls that then she can be brought to task but until RD sells I can see her staying put. I would propose that the fan based protagonists either work with her to facilitate change or suck-it-up.

No amount of wanker signs or cries of 'Go Home' are going to cause her much lost sleep.

She asked for questions 4 or 5 times and, with one exception, the crowd said nothing. It's a bit odd considering the anger and build up.

JJ coming in late all sheepish with a cup of tea - quality!

She has no publicly stated that she wants fan engagement. Well she can fuck right off.
    She seems to think probably because of CAST that is all we want. No what we want is a decent manager, players and someone who knows and cares about the history of the club and who will not carry on making us the laughing stock of English football.
    What will make her go home is a hughe drop in season ticket sales because that is when she will relise that we have not been fooled by her lies and bullshit.
  • That's the first time i have heard her say we want to be a competitive Championship team with premiership ambition.
    Also the first time i have seen it written down in black and white.
    Because she is persona non grata, nothing she said is believed,
    Her nose may have grown as she was saying it, but at last it have been announced
    that CAFC have goals and ambition.

I would say the black and white Idea at least provoked some signs of ambition even if the idea of breaking even is a strange one if this makes you so mediocre on the pitch that going down is more likely and losing fans not gaining them would happen.

Does she realize that even thou we have a few players who are decent from the academy and may make it in the 1st team. THD or maybe Lookman.

To expect to find Another Joe Gomez and get 3.5 million to ?
    Any time soon is very unlikely.

If you didn't know of Katrien Meire previous record of Jackanory telling, i would say the opening presentation was fine (if dated way of presentation)
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

I genuinely think I've seen better presentations and delivery when I was doing my A-levels last year.

You're right, house music is shit. :-).

I'm more into DnB.

However even if they got someone amazing in to do a set, I wouldn't be going at 1pm at the football!

The more I think about that decision the more laughable it becomes. So out of touch it's incredible.

It provoked some ridicule last night.
  • the way i look at this if those other two idiots still ran the club we would be in league 2 with shit players like p Abott
  • Not so good, Katrien. Golden opportunity to build bridges and you come up with that.
    By the way, is that next season's kit that you're wearing?
  • Do we not think the whole PowerPoint thing is in response to the black and white thing? Told u its a pointless campaign -all we want is a decent manager and team
  • waldo said:

kentred2 said:

God love her!

Did the fans come in after that? Only despite her asking, apart from the transfers, no one challenged her at all.

a self assured presentation is arse licking
    I actually thought her presentation was quite impressive and self assured particularly after the equally satisfying protest on Saturday. Am I correct in saying the 'booted and suited' fans in attendance were specially invited? Whatever, you cannot blame KM if they were content and only had one question that we viewed but I would hope there is more of the meeting to view. Can anyone who was there update please. However I was impressed with her performance and hope I get an invite to the next one..
    Carry on arse licking and I am sure you will
    By the sound of it, I may be wrong but I doubt whether you have stood up and done presentation in your life - unless it was when you were a Brownie. If you consider a reasonable opinion of a Presentation to be arse licking you obviously have practical experience of that particular practice.
  • Sponsored links:

• The presentation was pretty poor and clearly unrehearsed which seems strange, but in over 9 minutes she repeatedly offered the opportunity to ask questions yet only one was raised. Well done to the hand picked few, you played her game to a tee.
  • last_line said:

The presentation was pretty poor and clearly unrehearsed which seems strange, but in over 9 minutes she repeatedly offered the opportunity to ask questions yet only one was raised. Well done to the hand picked few, you played her game to a tee.

Agree, it did seem the meeting was carefully stage managed so as not to ask anything which might rattle her. Still, she managed to fall into holes which she dug rather than we dug anyway.
  • Can't wait to see the full thing but think the presentation is a start in a long road to better dialog with the fans. Claiming to be a competitive club with Premiership aspirations hasn't changed since she last spoke at Bromley Addicks!
    I believe shes a clever women but sadly not admitting to getting things wrong.
  • IT_Andy said:

Can't wait to see the full thing but think the presentation is a start in a long road to better dialog with the fans. Claiming to be a competitive club with Premiership aspirations hasn't changed since she last spoke at Bromley Addicks!
    I believe shes a clever women but sadly not admitting to getting things wrong.

When do women admit to being wrong and if she did it would have taken more than two hours
  • As others have pointed out her opening comments as to having told us her strategy before made me very irritated. Very patronising, if she was my boss I would really dislike her, as it is she just ruins my weekends and the odd Tuesday night. Enhance the experience? Just give us a team to be proud of for goodness sake? There is no point having poor players on long contracts? There is no progress apart from a better pitch. I much preferred the team Jan 14 than the current one. I am not convinced the current one is better either?
  • edited November 2015
    I feel the Powerpoint presentation was directed more at Roly to convince him she is doing a good job. However, I don't think he is that dumb. Maybe her days are numbered? And maybe she knows it.
  • last_line said:

The presentation was pretty poor and clearly unrehearsed which seems strange, but in over 9 minutes she repeatedly offered the opportunity to ask questions yet only one was raised. Well done to the hand picked few, you played her game to a tee.

I don't think it was like that. Katrien was inviting questions to draw people into the agenda she wanted to pursue, the silence at that time was because most people in the meeting wanted to get her part over and done with. The one question asked was the obvious one to ask, and was asked well in my view, but most of the supporters arrived with another agenda (see other thread) and wanted to persue that one.

• She was hmmm and harring a bit but then again she had to do it in a alnguage that wasn't her mother tounge.