Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments on the Opening Presentation

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Just to elaborate if I may - the purpose of our protest should be to try and change the way they are going about things - its not that we don't know what there aims / objectives are - we do and its tedious keep asking what they are. We need them to accept that they may need to adjust by bringing in a 'proper' manager and some proven championship quality players to help in the short to mid term - that is what this protest should be about. I also think that a lot of you will look back and be embarrassed with the way you have treated / referred to a woman who (however inexperienced in her position she may be) is just a human being doing her best - You really all need to take a step back before you lose all credibility.

They said in the video that if KF does Ok he will stay. Wise up we are stuck with KF, there is no ongoing search, if KF loses the best 5-6 matches then they will install another Roland puppet, its what they do.

It was said in the video that Charlton are not known as having an aggressive fanbase. So for grown men and women (yes there were women there too, KM failed to mention that) to stage a protest, the club have monumentally f**ked up.
    So she got called a few names etc, tough f**king shit, football is about passion, its tribal, KM with her 'little girl lost' face trying to garner sympathy was pathetic, if she was a 60 year old bloke the same things would have been said, so she appears to not have a bloody clue what she has done and does not understand football and our club, and judging by your constant snipes at the protests then you understand as much about our club as KM does.
    I didn't say the protest was pointless - I said the black and white, write it down thing was - I also said the protest should be about changing things but I stand by my statement - grown men f'ing and blinding, getting personal and all the rest of it - sort yourself out. Season ticket holder continuous since 1 was 12 - now 44. selhurst, west ham , valley before and after, helped club re build ground when came back, helped with leaflets for campaign etc etc - understand fully what its all about but I wouldn't expect you to take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound so you crack on.
    Another one who wasn't there.......but knows it all!
    Sad.
  • Greenie you only jumped on the bandwagon of the 'anti Belgian's brigade' a couple of weeks ago.

Stop digging others out for not being there, in almost every video from the event abuse can be heard... that's not acceptable in my books, it makes us look pathetic.

The number of people on CL standing up for that behaviour is actually more disappointing to me than the few that actually were being abusive.
  • Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Just to elaborate if I may - the purpose of our protest should be to try and change the way they are going about things - its not that we don't know what there aims / objectives are - we do and its tedious keep asking what they are. We need them to accept that they may need to adjust by bringing in a 'proper' manager and some proven championship quality players to help in the short to mid term - that is what this protest should be about. I also think that a lot of you will look back and be embarrassed with the way you have treated / referred to a woman who (however inexperienced in her position she may be) is just a human being doing her best - You really all need to take a step back before you lose all credibility.

They said in the video that if KF does Ok he will stay. Wise up we are stuck with KF, there is no ongoing search, if KF loses the best 5-6 matches then they will install another Roland puppet, its what they do.

It was said in the video that Charlton are not known as having an aggressive fanbase. So for grown men and women (yes there were women there too, KM failed to mention that) to stage a protest, the club have monumentally f**ked up.
    So she got called a few names etc, tough f**king shit, football is about passion, its tribal, KM with her 'little girl lost' face trying to garner sympathy was pathetic, if she was a 60 year old bloke the same things would have been said, so she appears to not have a bloody clue what she has done and does not understand football and our club, and judging by your constant snipes at the protests then you understand as much about our club as KM does.
    I didn't say the protest was pointless - I said the black and white, write it down thing was - I also said the protest should be about changing things but I stand by my statement - grown men f'ing and blinding, getting personal and all the rest of it - sort yourself out. Season ticket holder continuous since 1 was 12 - now 44. selhurst, west ham , valley before and after, helped club re build ground when came back, helped with leaflets for campaign etc etc - understand fully what its all about but I wouldn't expect you to take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound so you crack on.
    Sad.
    There were quite a lot of people who were not there
  • Dazzler21 said:

Greenie you only jumped on the bandwagon of the 'anti Belgian's brigade' a couple of weeks ago.

Stop digging others out for not being there, in almost every video from the event abuse can be heard... that's not acceptable in my books, it makes us look pathetic.

The number of people on CL standing up for that behaviour is actually more disappointing to me than the few that actually were being abusive.

Just how far can you miss the point???
    You weren't there so you can't make an informed opinion.
  • Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

Greenie you only jumped on the bandwagon of the 'anti Belgian's brigade' a couple of weeks ago.

You weren't at the Q & A the other night. Do you have no opinion on it ?
  • Greenie said:

Just how far can you miss the point??? You weren't there so you can't make an informed opinion.

Agree if you weren't there it is hard to comment on specific incidents but we can still have an opinion. To suggest otherwise is rather like the footballers who argue only someone who had played top-flight football should dare to criticise them
  • Greenie said:

PL54 said:

Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

Once and once only just so you know. I don't want to interact with you on this forum.
    Hilarious

He's lost it
  • I feel the Powerpoint presentation was directed more at Roly to convince him she is doing a good job. However, I don't think he is that dumb. Maybe her days are numbered? And maybe she knows it.

The video was definitely aimed at fans. In various conversations I had on Saturday around the Valley I was told:

(a) they understand why fans are protesting - that things on the pitch are not going well.
    (b) the key focus at the moment is what happens on the pitch and getting the team out of the hole they are in. Everything else is secondary.
    (c) the club hasn't got all the positive messages out about what is going on behind the scenes and this needs to happen to show fans the good stuff
    (d) RD is making investments for the long term future of the club and the kids zone is an example of this. He is apparently trying to change the culture of short-termism of football ownership by having a long term plan for the club

I am pretty sure that the presentation is in response to (c) above as it fits in with what was said to me. I suspect they thought that if they get the right positive message out then people would have better understanding and that would help defuse the protest before the meeting started.

So my guess is that they will be disappointed that it didn't have desired effect. Unfortunately this exercise just shows, at best, a complete naivety about what people really feel and the depth of feeling. A powerpoint presentation of nice things will not change why people are angry.

Just to be clear, I am not an apologist for this view of the world. I only share what I was told as it provides a possible context for purpose of the presentation.
    I agree RD is right to have a long term plan and I think we are all extremely happy with that.

It's having no coherent short & medium term plan, that is the problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

PL54 said:

Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

Once and once only just so you know. I don't want to interact with you on this forum.
    So ner ner na ner ner
  • PL54 said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Sad.
    There were quite a lot of people who were not there
    Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Sad.

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Do we not think the whole PowerPoint thing is in response to the black and white thing? Told u its a pointless campaign -all we want is a decent manager and team

So pointless that she noticed it, is aware of it and tried, and failed, to address it.

I'm fine if people don't agree with the aims or think it doesn't go far enough but to claim that it is pointless when it is clearly hitting home is ludicrous.

It's been going for about two weeks and it has already been responded to.

Sure, she trying to laugh it off but that because she doesn't have an adult response.

and what did it achieve? her putting down in black and white on a powerpoint presentation what she has already stated previously - there again, we all have different agendas - as I state - 99% just want some action rather than words - playersa nd a manager - others hate being cut off from the communication and can't get over it - you need to get over yourselves
    "and what did it achieve"

Come on, the spell it out idea has been going for two weeks and your already talking about it in the past tense. It's not even really got started yet but you expect it to have solved all the problems in no time at all?

It has only just started. It has gained a small victory in getting noticed by fans, by the media and by it's target. That is a start but only just a start.

"others hate being cut off from the communication and can't get over it - you need to get over yourselves"

Really? Shows that your attacks are nothing to do with Spell it out but something else. People, lots of people, want to know how the club is being run and that it is moving forward. Nothing wrong with that and nothing to "get over".
    I have no agenda just can't believe the nonsense that is going on - we know what their game plan is, it just isn't working - that is the problem
  • Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Sad.
    Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Greenie said:

DOUCHER said:

Sad.
    Wasn't where? I was at the protest and I've been at virtually every game since 1980 - I don't like the way things r going but you are an embarrassment
  • Re Season tickets, and KMs claim that there were 1100 new season ticket holders this season.

For balance, I would like to know how many season tickets were not renewed this season, and how many current season ticket holders are not actually using them/coming to games. The latter information must be available to the club via the new ticket readers data-banks.
  • edited November 2015
    Davo55 said:

Re Season tickets, and KMs claim that there were 1100 new season ticket holders this season.

For balance, I would like to know how many season tickets were not renewed this season, and how many current season ticket holders are not actually using them/coming to games. The latter information must be available to the club via the new ticket readers data-banks.

Exactly. Useful information would be the net figure.

It's like saying 9m of player purchases is a good thing. It's half the information - what about sales? No point in looking at debits and not credits. Pretty basic stuff.

She's just not very good at being a CEO at all, and lacks professional maturity (as seen by the photo at the window and laughing). She's way out of her depth and now people are honing in on it the natural thing is to get sulky, defensive and lean on pathetic arguments such as the nasty men being mean.

Keep the pressure on.
  • I still haven't watched either video.

Partly because of time but also due to a feeling of dread.

Do I want to watch a two hour car crash?

At least with a car crash you get sirens and blue lights. All you get with this two hours of bullshit.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I don't think many are standing up for 'that' behaviour, just stating that the fact that it is getting 99% of the conversation is not representative of what actually happened. It was a few idiots for a small proportion of the time yet has been used to divert the conversation away from the fact that a historically patient and docile fanbase are so disillusioned that they have found cause to protest.

Anyone that runs a business knows that for every complaint received there are many more dissatisfied customers. If 2% of the fanbase are taking the time to protest then in all likelihood 30% or more are unhappy. If KM honestly believes that the 2% (which is a made up number that is fast becoming accepted as fact) that protested represents the full scale of the discontent then she is very naive.

First and foremost the personal abuse was and is unacceptable, added to that, it actually does a disservice to the fans that had a message that they wanted to get across as it then becomes discredited.
    Here is the latest Trust statement including top line figures from the poll, which proves your point.
  • Sponsored links:

It's very similar to the VIP meetings. You ask a question, they skirt round a reply and then move on so you can't press for a proper and detailed answer.

I skipped the opening presentation and watched the rest. I must say all the points that are worth noting are included in @Curb_it 's writeup. If you don't have the time, reading her posts will just be sufficient I think.

It needs to be watched.
  • Greenie said:

One point on KM's lack understanding of the CAFC demographic can be summed up easily:-

She states that most of the fans are over 50, then she instructs that house/dance music is played in Crossbars.

She did admit it was because she likes 'dance' music so it was a personal preference ... I think it was clear from her response that it won't be repeated.

However, I do agree, it shows a lack of judgement.
  • Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

Feel I have to respond to this
    First of all I haven't jumped on the 'anti Belgian brigade', as you so eloquently put it, in fact an interesting xenophobic phrase coming from one who is generally offended on behalf of everybody. The 'anti Belgian brigade' have been around since RD sacked Powell, so that band wagon has been rolling along for a while now. What I did was, I waited to see how our new owner was going to run the club, he has done may good things over the last couple of years, but his lack of investment, sacking manager after manager and the alleged untruths coming from his puppet CEO was the last straw and his business model does not work. So after given him plenty of time impress (he hasn't) I am against his business model, he either needs to change his ways or bugger off. That is why I protested on Saturday, peacefully, well it was peaceful until the CEO, who lets face it is out of her depth came to the window took pictures and laughed in our faces, and she got sworn at, ah poor love.

I have noticed that all those who are offended on behalf of people, and you are firmly in that camp, are the ones really bitching about it, understand that saturdays protest was peaceful, someone got swore at, and we made a point to the CEO. Football is the working mans (womans) game swearing and 'hand gestures' happen now and then, grow a pair, stop digging people out who have the clubs best interests at heart, and support the team.
    Very similar to my experience ... I have made no secret of my initial support for the initial 'network/FFS' approach.

However, events over the last few weeks have changed my opinion. There is no 'plan B' and there is no obvious strategy.

Protest, in whatever format we decide to take forward, is necessary so that they understand this is not just a disaffected 2% but far far wider.

not seen it all, but I think it is very beneficial if like me you are trying to form balanced opinions on individuals, strategies etc

personally, it has helped me quite a bit in terms of understanding Miere and Murray more.