Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KF on Brink?

Comments

• PL54 said:

Yes. After weeks of thinking Colin hares Charlton, I agree. It does'nt have to be a British manager. But. It does need one with Championship experience, with licence to pick his own squad.
    And Carole Frayed to have no part of scouting for Charlton.

Earlier today someome was insisting the new manager had to be British and had previously won promotion from the Championship.

Demands and expectations are falling already.
    Or just different opinions?
    Excellent.
  • Ssshhh.
    Whisper it quietly, but guess where a certain Mr Phil Parkinson was seen yesterday?

Yes, the Bradford Outlet store for Cardigans Are Us.

But does that necessarily prove he isn't coming back to his spiritual home on Monday?

• Ssshhh.
    Whisper it quietly, but guess where a certain Mr Phil Parkinson was seen yesterday?

But does that necessarily prove he isn't coming back to his spiritual home on Monday?

No thanks, I'd rather Fraeye stayed
  • Ssshhh.

LOL. Lets have a Slamdown. Frayere and Peeters vs Parky and Powell

Where you goin now, Bro?
  • Ssshhh.

LOL. Lets have a Slamdown. Frayere and Peeters vs Parky and Powell

Where you goin now, Bro?
    Fraeye and Peeters
  • Badger said:

Any new manager that comes in will probably want to have a say in buying and seling players, as well as appointing backroom staff, would that happen?

A lot of managers come with their own backup team, which might come in handy if they include a new and knowledgeable Chief Scout...

• PL54 said:

Please not Jose Riga. I liked the man a lot and he did well during his time at Charlton but would be the wrong man for the job.

We need a British manager who has been in this division and got clubs out of it.

What if it was a non British manager who has been in this division and got clubs out of it ?
    That would leave us with three choices.

Jean Tigana, Roberto di matteo and Slavisa Jokanovic.

Only three non British managers to be promoted.
    took the words out of my mouth
    This might change over the next few years though. An influx of overseas playing talent is nothing new, but it may be that the same will happen with coaching staff in the second tier - Watford have had success and Middlesbrough are hoping for more of the same.

It follows on from the late noughties trend when Rodgers was hot second tier property because he was seen as a Mourinho acolyte available at a realistic price (as Karanka subsequently was). Now Guardiola / Klopp types May become more fashionable. Brighton tried and failed and now it seems Huddersfield are hoping to jump on the bandwagon with their own mini Klopp.
  • So are we likely to hear sacked in the morning ringing around the valley tomorrow?

Surely he won't be 'sacked' though. As interim wouldn't he just be 'replaced'.
  • I'd like a manager who has experienced success on a poor budget or over a long period. Championship and British is likely to be someone who has failed repeatedly or had a short spell of results when he splashed the cash. I don't think Riga or Luzon had any special history apart from being cheap. I also worry our opoo are not being analysed, a handicap for any coach.

Used to blame him for our unadventurous style but Big Merv currently without a gig. May make us hard to beat.
  • Mervyn Day? He's at WBA I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob said:

So are we likely to hear sacked in the morning ringing around the valley tomorrow?

Surely he won't be 'sacked' though. As interim wouldn't he just be 'replaced'.
    Technically, you're perhaps correct, it's just a bit harder to sing, and doesn't quite sound right.

• Why are the daily mail interested in us? I smell a rat...
  • Lurker said:

Why are the daily mail interested in us? I smell a rat...

?

• Lurker said:

That's just the natural stink the Daily Mail gives off
  • Lurker said:

?

Am I right in thinking that the daily mail were leaked to when the takeover happened? Also the story about the lady doctor? I'm sure there are more examples. Just smells a bit iffy to me.

I'm sure KF will remain at the club in one role or another.
  • Is Brink our new chief scout?
  • Dizzle said:

Replaced in the morning
    You'll be replaced in the morning
    Replaced in the moooornnniiiinnnggg

"You're going back to buying rubbish players for the network in the morning, buying rubbish players for the network in the morning"
  • Pretty much bang on the money for me. Unless a credible manager is appointed with 6/7 quality signings we are heading for league 1 and I fear who knows where else.

Well written Airman
  • Lurker said:

Lurker said:

?

Am I right in thinking that the daily mail were leaked to when the takeover happened? Also the story about the lady doctor? I'm sure there are more examples. Just smells a bit iffy to me.

I'm sure KF will remain at the club in one role or another.
    A very unscientific quick search shows 73 pages on the dailymail.co.uk with Roland Duchatelet compared to 21 on the sun.co.uk and 35 on the guardian.com

Katrien also has had a fair amount of pages on the DM and barely a mention anywhere else.

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we 100% sure that Brink isn't a Flemish superstar that Fraeye will sign?
  • Mervyn Day? He's at WBA I think.

No longer. Nathan Jones would be my choice though for long term but we need some structure. Too many gaps between our three strata. We need to move up and back closer together. Germans vs Gooners in the week, 10 players in their half when attacking. Any clearance went straight back in.
  • I think we need someone like Warnock to get us out of the shit this season, with JJ as deputy with a view to take over next season.
  • Just been told it's a mis spelling. Should be Drink.
  • edited November 2015
    Glad you agree with me Airman. "We want our Charlton back" is the way to go. Whether it's a sensible approach by RD or another new owner.
  • The thing is, is if he employs a British manager, it's most likely going to be someone like Paul Jewell

Here's his interview process with KM.

Nice one VG - have not laughed so much for ages.
  • edited November 2015
    Luzon will be reappointed. Roly knows what he's doing
  • Lee Clark is up in Yorkshire with the Sky punditry for the Leeds Hudds game. Hopefully that rules him out. Ian Holloway there too.
  • I imagine whoever they have lined up will be up in the directors box today. Keep your eyes open, and if it looks like someone we don't like make sure they get stuck in the lift.