Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KF on Brink?

Comments

• Nigel Pearson is a knob but id be delighted with him taking charge here. He would be my choice.

Is he too far off our paygrade though, as we are being run on buttons ( i know hopefully he'll install discipline and confidence, and keep us up) but we always seem to make the wrong choices.
  • Lambert would have experience of a absentee owner, who doesn't spend any money, and doesn't really have his heart in it.
  • Whereas before appointing Luzon, Katrien claimed to have interviewed 200 candidates in 5 minutes, this time
    a) There had been a long period since Luzon's departure
    b) Katrien has vanished completely, not a peep out of her

So maybe, they have been looking for a proper manager in secret?
  • It will be McKay. After having 3 weeks of KF the fans won't care who we get into manage, it's all part of the plan.
  • edited November 2015

Whereas before appointing Luzon, Katrien claimed to have interviewed 200 candidates in 5 minutes, this time
    a) There had been a long period since Luzon's departure
    b) Katrien has vanished completely, not a peep out of her

So maybe, they have been looking for a proper manager in secret?

At a Web Summit in Dublin.

https://websummit.net/speakers
  • It will probably be someone who has been sacked by a Div 2 club, because he will be cheap and RD can say he has football league experience
  • There's a lesson here for all those dreaming about the next manager and the players that might be signed. It's unlikely to be what you want. If there is about to be a new appointment and new signings (and that may be a big if), let's hope it is at least a noticeable improvement.
  • Freedman Pearson hasslebaink mackay lambert sherwood I'm sure are out of our wage bracket
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

If it is Lee Clark it will stop me moaning about the managers views as I won't be able to listen to him. I would rather take a cheese grater to my ears than subject myself to his voice for more than a few seconds.

At Least we would go 2 years unbeaten !

Lee Clarke needs CAFC to Get his Treble up ?

Birmingham: Basket case with the owner who ended up in Prison.

Blackpool: Basket case with the Oyston's as owners.

Charlton: Basket case with owner trying to be an alchemist who can turn
    base players into Valley gold.

• I think he will lose his job before the game kicks-off but will be in charge for the game
  • Leaves us with a pile of shite.
  • The new manager will be announced on the pitch on Saturday at 2.30:-)
  • Has to be Paul Lambert but then he HAS to have free reign on choosing his scouts, having his own team and being allowed to spend within a budget. Otherwise in my opinion it won't quite be too much progress, as the coach (I doubt he's going to be our 'manager') would just soon disagree behind the scenes with the lack of help the owners giving him and leave us in a similar position.
  • I also think it will be Malky McKay and Charlton life will go into meltdown during the international break.
  • The club needs a complete change of direction.

But it would not be a change of direction would it, it would be just another panic driven decision taken by a management devoid of authority, credibility or direction that will come good only by good fortune.
  • So are we likely to hear sacked in the morning ringing around the valley tomorrow?

Let's be more accurate ?

"Sacked at HT, Your getting sacked at HT "
  • If Fraeye does get the heave ho I expect Riga to get the job. Regardless of what the Mail says.
  • Sponsored links:

• pettgra said:

If Fraeye does get the heave ho I expect Riga to get the job. Regardless of what the Mail says.

Riga with Fraeye as assistant again?
  • markmc68 said:

Freedman Pearson hasslebaink mackay lambert sherwood I'm sure are out of our wage bracket

It's tough getting back into management, there are lots of unemployed football managers out there and once out of the game for a period, you tend to be forgotten about, e.g. Curbishley...

• pettgra said:

If Fraeye does get the heave ho I expect Riga to get the job. Regardless of what the Mail says.

Riga with Fraeye as assistant again?
    Never saw it that way; however,I think you have nailed it.

• Fry, I'm sure only took the job so Riga could sort out his exit at Metz. Is Riga a glutton for punishment. Hope he tells Roly where to go.
  • Have a loose connection to Pearson and haven't heard a thing. If that changes will inform
  • Pearson ????

Have you all been hiding in a cave for the last two years??
  • Do people really think that Managers of the calibre of Pearson and Lambert would want to manage us as we are? Things would have to change dramatically, including the scouting network and non interference from above. I would love someone like O Driscoll or Lambert as Manager, but i can't see it.
  • I also think it will be Malky McKay and Charlton life will go into meltdown during the international break.

I do hope so. That would be hilarious reading on here.
  • Jose Riga Baby