Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

KF on Brink?

Just seen this in the Daily Mail on line, not sure if it is true or not, maybe just a load of tosh, anyway thought I'd add the link-:
http://dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3306189/Everton-striker-Conor-McAleny-ends-loan-spell-Charlton-early-interim-boss-Karel-Fraeye-remains-brink.html

Comments

• edited November 2015
  • yeah i think after protests tomorrow Rolland will have a clear out.
  • If Karel Fraeye is on the brink, what does that mean for the whole network model? I had thought he was central to the scouting and recruitment operation, and therefore the success of the Staprix venture. Whereas I assume Luzon is back waiting in the wings for a vacancy at Ujpest or Sint Truiden etc, if Fraeye is marked as a failure, how could he possibly go back to his previous role within Staprix?
  • "Charlton are Belgian-owned but they are considering moving away from European-style head coaches in search of a British manager with experience in the Championship."

!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope the only reason they're sacking him is because the new man is ready to be announced, I know there will be two weeks until the next game but get the next man in on Sunday (they can claim they've been "interviewing" Candidates since then) which allows that person the full break to work with the squad ready for Birmingham,

If Fraeye goes and we take a week to bring in the next man, I dont see the point of the sacking
  • Isn't Pearson big mates with Chris Powell?

Would he even consider coming to a basket case of a club like us?
  • cafcfan said:

Isn't Pearson big mates with Chris Powell?

I suspect only on his terms. But then there may come a point where RD will have to bite the bullet and realise that the experiment isn't working. Or risk ending up with a club and support in League 1 - or worse!
  • At risk of stating the bleedin' obvious. KF is the 'interim' manager. This gives Roly and his Kat some valuable leeway.
    If we had done well so far, under KF, clearly he would have got the job fulltime. But if we were to lose every game under KF (which we have and I'm including the Massives in that) :( Then Roly can remove him and proclaim to the world 'he was only the interim manager while we interviwed 435 (or thereabouts) candidates for the post'
    Whether KF's tenure will come to an end tomorrow or not, should we lose (as I'm sure we will) is less certain. They may give him to the end of the month IMO.
    Any new 'permanent' manager would ideally be in place shortly before the transfer window opens. Whether a new man would get any money to spend is of course a rather different question.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Would be ok with Pearson, but Lambert did very well with Norwich, not great at Villa but would love him to be given a free run here.

"Free run" aren't words easily understood by the Mad Professor and Pinocchio I'm afraid.
  • mogodon said:

Typical Daily Mail. A throwaway comment, no quotes, no source (named or not), no evidence. If this was happening why would that 'newspaper' know ahead of anyone else?

I tend to agree, that's why I put that I wasn't sure if right or not. I only posted the link so people could read it, I'm in the bullshit camp to be honest, but that's just my opinion.
  • cafcfan said:

Isn't Pearson big mates with Chris Powell?

I suspect only on his terms. But then there may come a point where RD will have to bite the bullet and realise that the experiment isn't working. Or risk ending up with a club and support in League 1 - or worse!
    Exactly, whoever comes in has to be trusted with recruitment, it can hardly get worse can it? (Dowie apart).
  • The thing is, is if he employs a British manager, it's most likely going to be someone like Paul Jewell
  • Nigel Pearson is a knob but id be delighted with him taking charge here. He would be my choice.

Apparently he's going to Forest.

We can have Freedman.
  • On the brink of what? A club record record six goalless games? A record run of straight defeats? Or, are we looking to undercut Derby County's record of 11 points in a season?
  • Great if true but RD/KM need to have player acquisition policies that support whoever it is.

Any manager worth their salt will want to set out their own player acquisition policy before agreeing to the job.
  • cfgs said:

Would be ok with Pearson, but Lambert did very well with Norwich, not great at Villa but would love him to be given a free run here.

but his English is worse than the Belgians