Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM and Murray to meet with fans

Comments

• Options
    What procedure is currently underway /have you put in place to succeed the interim head coach with a permanent appointment
  • Options
    Airman Brown has made a good suggestion - the people going to the meeting should co-ordinate beforehand and put forward a common point of view.
    I guess with their survey, the Trust will have good information to share both at a pre-meet and at the KM/RM meet. I would hope the Trust see this as an opportunity to take a leadership stance on issues which concern all Trust members and all Charlton supporters.

I would also hope that KM & RM would open the meeting with something along the lines of "you're all here as representatives of the wider CAFC community, everything discussed in this meeting can subsequently be shared through social media with that community."
    Should this be the case, the Trust has another opportunity to communicate fully and effectively. Something they have already shown themselves to be good at anyway.

My last thought is about how "we" end the meeting with KM/RM. It may be that the meeting has been good, bad or ugly. "We" should have a strategy for ending the meeting with an eye on "where we go from here", it can't just end with a "thanks for coming, goodnight".
  • Options
    indeed so will the random fans be made available? doubt it
  • Options

Airman Brown has made a good suggestion - the people going to the meeting should co-ordinate beforehand and put forward a common point of view.
    I

There might not be a common point of view between all the attendees - opinions n'all
  • Options
    edited October 2015

I guess with their survey, the Trust will have good information to share both at a pre-meet and at the KM/RM meet. I would hope the Trust see this as an opportunity to take a leadership stance on issues which concern all Trust members and all Charlton supporters.

I would also hope that KM & RM would open the meeting with something along the lines of "you're all here as representatives of the wider CAFC community, everything discussed in this meeting can subsequently be shared through social media with that community."
    Should this be the case, the Trust has another opportunity to communicate fully and effectively. Something they have already shown themselves to be good at anyway.

My last thought is about how "we" end the meeting with KM/RM. It may be that the meeting has been good, bad or ugly. "We" should have a strategy for ending the meeting with an eye on "where we go from here", it can't just end with a "thanks for coming, goodnight".

I think it's more likely to be conducted on the basis it is off the record or official minutes - but that totally removes the representative aspect so should be resisted. Yet more divide and rule if so.
  • Options

Arguing amongst ourselves before its even happened is a bit silly. Let's see what comes of it.
    If,as I'm sure,we get the 'same old sh** different day' answers then its another stick to hit them with. I just hope the questions fired at her are forthright and pretty simple, like those listed in the 'spell it out' mantra.
    Let's leave the sofa and Alan Curbishley out of this for now.
    If she starts beating around bushes and doesn't give clear answers then I would seriously consider getting up and walking out.

It's a good serious post but "Let's leave the sofa and Alan Curbishley out of this for now" just made me crack up laughing!
  • Options
    Isn't this just a rerun of the VIP thing, so exactly what happened last time, except that someone, erm abolished the VIPs, hmmmmmm
  • Options

The trust is the biggest and most representative group that exists, it is open to all - putting it on a par with some of the other groups that attend the FF, never mind random people off the database who may or may not have anything to say, is disrespectful and designed to diminish it. I would suggest a pre-meet for whoever is invited to offset the club's continuing divide and rule tactic.

Will we be told who is invited randomly? Also the fans forum is an outdated concept,overseas,independent train travellers,etc how many people do they represent & how do they communicate with the fans they represent.
  • Options
    If supporters are not interested in anything other than the day out they will not go.

I hope I get selected as I think it is a good thing they are trying to do.

Having listened, one can only hope that they come up with some proposals to put things right. If they do not, then my friends, our children and I are not renewing next year.

Calling my friends clueless just confirms that you are not able to represent me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many fans will be invited/selected?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Can we get Acworth along?
  • Options
    Don't think the meeting should take place until after the Sheffield and Ipswich games. Get on the front foot. The fans decide when and they show first the level of feeling. If that doesn't fit with the club's same old same old then no meeting.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

If supporters are not interested in anything other than the day out they will not go.

I hope I get selected as I think it is a good thing they are trying to do.

Having listened, one can only hope that they come up with some proposals to put things right. If they do not, then my friends, our children and I are not renewing next year.

Calling my friends clueless just confirms that you are not able to represent me.

I don't think Rothko has any aspiration or claim to represent you.

• Options

My posts after the VIP meeting which will be held in a similar fashion to this imo, with Richard Murray as arrogant as ever and KM dismissing any good questions by batting around the bush and also adopting this arrogance by talking under her breathe amongst other things.

'Mentioned that Tony Watt wasn't bought with peanuts..

Tony wasn't bought with peanuts no, just a piece of paper addressed Roland, signed by Roland ... simple move of an asset.

To be honest a major point of RD's 'experiment' is to move about players and hopefully burst into profit by buying and improving worth and selling on. Even if at risk of getting that club relegated/missing promotion. The real question I had lingering (before the night was brought to an abrupt end), was.. IF and this is a huge IF, as it is not realistically possible, all clubs break even within the network. What does Roland gain? Realistically. He is not a football fan, he is not a supporter of any of these clubs. I reckon there's more than meets the eye to this man and always have done, tax comes to mind but that's another ball game. Who knows...

Onwards and upwards. Money talks in this world and most certainly in this game.'

'Pretty much a non entity these interviews, no English MANAGER* in their right mind would sign up to us, they would be putting their own credentials on the line - managers taking responsibility for losses - some (or all?) of the losses under us would not be 100% their fault, if they are pushed players and not able to craft their own squad to work with.'

Regarding Luzons wife's tweets; 'That would have to be some boring and ridiculously hard to pull off 'prank' if that account was fake.. all the pictures etc. all to follow Charlton before Bob Peeters was sacked and GL was fired. KM jumping the gun and rudely muttering that it's fake under her breathe, a guess at best because she so dearly wants what she tells us to be true..

Roland supports St Truinden doesn't he ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

My posts after the VIP meeting which will be held in a similar fashion to this imo, with Richard Murray as arrogant as ever and KM dismissing any good questions by batting around the bush and also adopting this arrogance by talking under her breathe amongst other things.

Tony wasn't bought with peanuts no, just a piece of paper addressed Roland, signed by Roland ... simple move of an asset.

To be honest a major point of RD's 'experiment' is to move about players and hopefully burst into profit by buying and improving worth and selling on. Even if at risk of getting that club relegated/missing promotion. The real question I had lingering (before the night was brought to an abrupt end), was.. IF and this is a huge IF, as it is not realistically possible, all clubs break even within the network. What does Roland gain? Realistically. He is not a football fan, he is not a supporter of any of these clubs. I reckon there's more than meets the eye to this man and always have done, tax comes to mind but that's another ball game. Who knows...

Onwards and upwards. Money talks in this world and most certainly in this game.'

'Pretty much a non entity these interviews, no English MANAGER* in their right mind would sign up to us, they would be putting their own credentials on the line - managers taking responsibility for losses - some (or all?) of the losses under us would not be 100% their fault, if they are pushed players and not able to craft their own squad to work with.'

Regarding Luzons wife's tweets; 'That would have to be some boring and ridiculously hard to pull off 'prank' if that account was fake.. all the pictures etc. all to follow Charlton before Bob Peeters was sacked and GL was fired. KM jumping the gun and rudely muttering that it's fake under her breathe, a guess at best because she so dearly wants what she tells us to be true..

He does, not because of the football though. That doesn't make him a football fan or a proper supporter of the club in my books. He's just now vested within the club.
  • Options
    think we should be careful not to knock the FF or the people on it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

but does he actually ever attend games?
  • Options
    edited October 2015

The nature of football is that everything that happens on the pitch heavily overshadows the rest.

If we lose heavily to Wednesday, playing dismal football, then there will be carnage in the meeting.

If we win against Wednesday, with a Big Mac hat-trick, then the more 'neutral' supporters are likely to give KM and RM the benefit of the doubt

Hence the need to wait until then, hoping something turns up.
  • Options
    3 Questions:

1. The general consensus is that it is better to have an English manager in the Championship - why do you persist with non-UK managers?
    2. We're grateful for the investment in terms of players such as Vetokele and JBG but don't you think we need a larger squad?
    3. Have you considered appointing Alan Curbishley?
  • Options

I think Richard Murray will be there attending to field any awkward questions that Meire will face.

People in the main will only be interested in firing questions at her.

Richard Murray is only there to act as her minder.

I'm not so sure. Murray turned up more than half hour late at the VIP meeting & Meire took some right old flack (mainly from me). Unfortunate traffic jams or deliberate ?
  • Options
    clive said:

The trust is the biggest and most representative group that exists, it is open to all - putting it on a par with some of the other groups that attend the FF, never mind random people off the database who may or may not have anything to say, is disrespectful and designed to diminish it. I would suggest a pre-meet for whoever is invited to offset the club's continuing divide and rule tactic.

Will we be told who is invited randomly? Also the fans forum is an outdated concept,overseas,independent train travellers,etc how many people do they represent & how do they communicate with the fans they represent.
    The FF has representatives on it from East Kent Addicks that have, something like, 400 members. Those members will be represented, in some way, as they have all been emailed (I assume all of them have as I have) and asked what they would like asked and or discussed.

I'd be interested to know if the other groups that are 'representing' fans have done the same.

I also find it a little unnerving that all those that think the 'ordinary' fans (that 'don't have a clue') shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this meeting are those involved with or with close links to those groups that, apparently, know more about football, Charlton and strategic planning than the rest of us do!

Maybe inviting random fans is a PR stunt. The whole meeting is a PR event. Anyone that thinks this meeting hasn't been called because those running the club are concerned about the fans reaction to the most recent PR is clearly on Rothko's Dunce List.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

The meeting should be a Q&A, held in whatever the biggest lounge we have at The Valley. Those wanting to attend can apply for tickets with priority given to season ticket holders. This is exactly what the Slater regime did when they first took over. Instead all we have is a Fans Forum meeting in which Richard Murray will attend

with fans invited from the Clubs database too so nothing like a FF meeting

• Options

clive said:

The FF has representatives on it from East Kent Addicks that have, something like, 400 members. Those members will be represented, in some way, as they have all been emailed (I assume all of them have as I have) and asked what they would like asked and or discussed.

I'd be interested to know if the other groups that are 'representing' fans have done the same.

No one from Bromley Addicks has asked me. I don't even know who Ian Wallis is.

• Options
    Half the problem can be seen from the above comments in that we are a disjointed lot with lots of people with there own agendas.

Agree with Airman that whoever is attending should be encouraged to organise themselves into a group agreeing on a set of questions to ask otherwise it will probably turn into a shambles.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

se9addick said:

but does he actually ever attend games?
    I thought he did, not sure where I got that from though
  • Options
    KM will probably think she's being clever and I'm sure divide and rule is the aim, but the fact is if she managers to get away with it this time and sweep her failings under the carpet it won't alter the fact that we'll end up with 5000 ST holders before long.