Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM and Murray to meet with fans

Comments

• Options
    razil said:

razil said:

no because we appear to have been here before..

So how would you feel if there was a meeting planned between KM and someone from the Trust only?

Would that be a good thing or just "we've been here before"?
    depends what the agenda was I guess,
    So a meeting between KM and the Trust only would be fine if the agenda was OK. What would the agenda of this meeting have to be to make it acceptable?

• Options

TelMc32 said:

Well...that escalated quickly from my last post!! I'm sure there's a pic out there somewhere for that!

I have just spent he afternoon in a meeting with two very large law firms on the brink of merging. My little brain, unfortunately, may struggle to understand the issues at stake here and perhaps I should turn down any potential invitation to be a "random supporter". I should probably not be reviewing docs for Prague/all of us anymore when it comes to the LLDC and OS either!

I have spent 30 years in one organisation and I abhor internal politics and avoid them like the plague. Probably explains why I only got so far, but it's far enough for me. For the same reason, I have avoided fan groups and other "clubs, associations, political groups and cliques"! Does that mean that I am uninterested and ignorant? (that's rhetorical by the way, so don't bother responding).

It has already been pointed out that there is a lot of arrogance and assumptions in some posts on here. It's wonderful that we have "active" supporters. I applaud them and I always have done. We wouldn't have seen some of the wonderful times recently without people like @Airman Brown and many others and I do not disregard the efforts that @razil put in for the Trust and certainly not @PragueAddick.

In the same way, I would be grateful if people did not disregard and put down supporters who are not members of any active group. With the best will in the world, they outnumber you by many thousands. Try seeing if they get involved in this and the outcomes and listen to them before dismissing them out of hand.

I think it's obvious there are many very intelligent and informed people outside the various groups and both on and off Charlton Life. The issue is whether selecting people at "random" - and I guarantee you it won't be that anyway - would be likely to identify any of them.
    so do you think it'll be people already known to the club or some extremely selective "random" to up the chances of the attendees just being happy to be there?
  • Options
    razil said:

razil said:

razil said:

So how would you feel if there was a meeting planned between KM and someone from the Trust only?

Would that be a good thing or just "we've been here before"?
    depends what the agenda was I guess, are you suggesting this is something 'new' then, and not just a rerun of the VIP meeting?

Do you also suggest the members 'the Fans Forum' have been asking for direct dialogue of this sort?
    So are you suggesting, Raz, that because it's just a rinse and repeat that has always failed that we, you, me, the Trust et al should decline the invitation?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    No my concern is questions will just be batted away like last time... and I'm not getting drawn into a slanging match. Ta
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Well...that escalated quickly from my last post!! I'm sure there's a pic out there somewhere for that!

I have just spent he afternoon in a meeting with two very large law firms on the brink of merging. My little brain, unfortunately, may struggle to understand the issues at stake here and perhaps I should turn down any potential invitation to be a "random supporter". I should probably not be reviewing docs for Prague/all of us anymore when it comes to the LLDC and OS either!

I have spent 30 years in one organisation and I abhor internal politics and avoid them like the plague. Probably explains why I only got so far, but it's far enough for me. For the same reason, I have avoided fan groups and other "clubs, associations, political groups and cliques"! Does that mean that I am uninterested and ignorant? (that's rhetorical by the way, so don't bother responding).

It has already been pointed out that there is a lot of arrogance and assumptions in some posts on here. It's wonderful that we have "active" supporters. I applaud them and I always have done. We wouldn't have seen some of the wonderful times recently without people like @Airman Brown and many others and I do not disregard the efforts that @razil put in for the Trust and certainly not @PragueAddick.

In the same way, I would be grateful if people did not disregard and put down supporters who are not members of any active group. With the best will in the world, they outnumber you by many thousands. Try seeing if they get involved in this and the outcomes and listen to them before dismissing them out of hand.

I think it's obvious there are many very intelligent and informed people outside the various groups and both on and off Charlton Life. The issue is whether selecting people at "random" - and I guarantee you it won't be that anyway - would be likely to identify any of them.
    so do you think it'll be people already known to the club or some extremely selective "random" to up the chances of the attendees just being happy to be there?
    I just think that any names that come up randomly which don't suit the club's purpose will be discarded.
    Perhaps stipulate when accepting (or not) the invitation that the club may randomly select a number of supporters from their database and that the FF can also select a number of 'random' supporters. Does one corruption cancel out the other or double it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TelMc32 said:

I just think that any names that come up randomly which don't suit the club's purpose will be discarded.
    surely only a very, very small percentage of people involved in the FF/trust would be known to the club and it would be likely that the key players would be going anyway.

• Options

TelMc32 said:

surely only a very, very small percentage of people involved in the FF/trust would be known to the club and it would be likely that the key players would be going anyway.

Back to the point that many key players are members of the trust board, which gets the same FF representation as Syd Cheesright - with no disrespect intended to Syd.
  • Options

• Options
    Surely people on the fans forum care about the club as much as The Trust.

Why should the trust get more representation than them ?

If it is a numbers thing then send AFKA as he has more members than any other group.
  • Options
    I'd have one question where the fuck is Roland, get him down here and reconvien then I would get up and walk out
  • Options
    Pico said:

Could I please ever so humbly point out that no-one from the board of CAS Trust has suggested that the Trust should have any more representatives at this meeting than any other group ?

True and no one not from it either. :)
  • Options
    It is the Trust who has been seeking this form of dialogue, not the FF or random fans
  • Options
    That is an interesting observation but it was not made by a member of the CAS Trust board
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yup, should have put #justsayin

:)

• Options
    WSS said:

"Randomly Selected Belgians "

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

I will put together a set of questions on the clubs scouting network. I am interested to know the set-up and the scouting network for future opponents and players. From the list, who is best placed to ask the questions?
    Please inbox me if you want to ask the questions on my behalf.

In the meantime, don't let this lot off the hook. Keep up the pressure with a visible protest at the Ipswich game. The way to get at them, is ridicule rather than abuse.

Sorry Tutt but it is time for abuse and loads of it
  • Options
    Hacker required please to interfere with Comms and choose KM & RM for the sofa vs. Ipswich.

Sorry, completely random thought that has nothing to do with this thread.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

The way to get at them is ridicule rather than abuse.

Aye to this, a thousand times.

• Options
    Don't know if this has already been discussed but they really should be streaming this event.