Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM and Murray to meet with fans

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    I heard Roland got threatened by the Standard Liege fans and that forced him to sell

That's what it would take to get rid and he's too far away for that to happen and that's not right anyway

You can't reason with the unreasonable

• Options
    I just have a feeling, as one or two others have alluded to, that with snowballing discontent shared by us all, and continued poor performances even under their latest coach, I can see the club ducking this meeting. How they spin it out doesn't really matter. Its going to be toxic, they'll probably use "security" grounds as an out.
  • Options

I heard Roland got threatened by the Standard Liege fans and that forced him to sell

That's what it would take to get rid and he's too far away for that to happen and that's not right anyway

You can't reason with the unreasonable

It's also not at all clear that this is true anyway. The Trust was in close touch with both the Socios and Belgian journalists, and we've reactivated those links in the last fortnight. As far as we (us and them) can tell (everything around RD is hard to be clear about), other possible reasons for him to sell were

- looming problems because of the promotion of STVV. Other club chairmen (who he has pissed off) were ready to make trouble for him over that

- Opposition to his policies and behaviour from within his own board. In the end one of them - Bruno Venanzi - was able to buy him out

- Fan pressure certainly, but a lot of fans didn't like the activities of some of the more aggressive elements. Remember that video of a few of them in his office? he wasn't fazed by that at all. They completely messed that up, too, they just ranted at him and never let him speak. We should remember that. Keep asking sharp pertinent questions and listen carefully to the answers.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Wasnt Liege put up for sale the previous summer tho? Adding weight to their argument
  • Options
    not 100% sure of my facts here but at Standard the club were doing well, in the Champions League and the attendances were reasonable so RD was not financially inconvenienced, whereas here he is loosing more money every week.

As he is a successful businessman surely he will look at his UK investment in a different light and maybe with a bit of aggro from the paying customers he might, just might, decide to cut his losses.
  • Options
    razil said:

Wasnt Liege put up for sale the previous summer tho? Adding weight to their argument

i don't think the timing you suggest there is right. The Socios are saying that he indicated (threatened, perhaps) he'd sell six months before it happened, but never did anything active about it, leaving them in some limbo. It's one of their complaints.From where do you recall the previous summer?
  • Options
    Pretty sure there was a bid
  • Options
    razil said:

Pretty sure there was a bid

Think your right wasn't it around the 50 million mark?
  • Options
    €60m is my recollection but maybe Im misremembering
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think it would be more powerful to not turn up to this, f@ck 'em, we're not going to get the answers we want!

KM, RM and an empty room...!

My thoughts entirely.
    If you turn up, vent your spleen at them or even asked well thought out questions they will cherry pick the bit they are willing to answer and probably cherry pick who they are willing to take a question from.

I'll be there long after Katy and co have move on to pastures new, even if we are by then playing Bromley and Welling.