Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM and Murray to meet with fans

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015

I can see them putting this meeting off as long as possible in the hope of results turning around.

More chance of Gemma Arterton inviting me over to Netflix and chill.
  • Options
    When we didn't have a pot to piss in, and each forked out £1 to help buy Ronnie Moore, the lad tried to sign every flimsy photocopy of his picture (the reward for your quid) waved at him from the terraces.
    Now that is how to make fans feel valued and appreciated in tough times.

We are now in tough times and the supporters are seemingly held in utter contempt.
    Roland is becoming better at utilising alienation than Bertolt Brecht.

I fear it's all gone too far, and it's all now too late.
    If you were the regime, and you gave even a tinkers damn about the support, what on earth can you possibly do to turn the relationship around?

The only answer, the only answer is win after win after win, but seeing as they know jack about running this football club, and have driven away anybody who can help, I don't see another win, ever. It will be an achievement to get more than five shots and three corners in a game, and as for keeping a clean sheet forget it.

Roland, it is not only the supporters who are a massive inconvenience messing with your experiment, but it is also the opposition. Never mind, give the opposition more seats at our stadium and at least some of your financial troubles will be over.
  • Options
    redsek said:

I think Richard Murray needs to walk away from this shambles if he has any hope of retaining a modicum of respect from the fans.

Which seems he is not going to do as apparantly he his owed a few quid.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    clive said:

clive said:

The trust is the biggest and most representative group that exists, it is open to all - putting it on a par with some of the other groups that attend the FF, never mind random people off the database who may or may not have anything to say, is disrespectful and designed to diminish it. I would suggest a pre-meet for whoever is invited to offset the club's continuing divide and rule tactic.

Will we be told who is invited randomly? Also the fans forum is an outdated concept,overseas,independent train travellers,etc how many people do they represent & how do they communicate with the fans they represent.
    The FF has representatives on it from East Kent Addicks that have, something like, 400 members. Those members will be represented, in some way, as they have all been emailed (I assume all of them have as I have) and asked what they would like asked and or discussed.

I'd be interested to know if the other groups that are 'representing' fans have done the same.

I also find it a little unnerving that all those that think the 'ordinary' fans (that 'don't have a clue') shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this meeting are those involved with or with close links to those groups that, apparently, know more about football, Charlton and strategic planning than the rest of us do!

Maybe inviting random fans is a PR stunt. The whole meeting is a PR event. Anyone that thinks this meeting hasn't been called because those running the club are concerned about the fans reaction to the most recent PR is clearly on Rothko's Dunce List.
    What i want to know is who is meant to represent me & possibly a majority of fans who are not in any of these supporters groups,who do i contact?

Choose your favourite - I suspect we all have similar concerns anyway.

As for the PR thing, well I agree there's no way in hell this meeting wouldn't have been called if the club didn't need to call it - but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. A chance to meet with the board when things are going wrong is important, and we have the chance to show we can handle the conversation. If they do nothing but pay lip service, that will be evidence quickly enough.
  • Options

redsek said:

I think Richard Murray needs to walk away from this shambles if he has any hope of retaining a modicum of respect from the fans.

Which seems he is not going to do as apparantly he his owed a few quid.
    He'd still be owed it even if he walked away.

• Options
    Are there any plans for protests/action at the Sheffield Wed home game? It's important to keep the pressure on for proper answers, keeping it within the Black and White campaign, otherwise it makes it easy for them to delay the meeting until results improve (unlikely).
  • Options
    West2003 said:

Are there any plans for protests/action at the Sheffield Wed home game? It's important to keep the pressure on for proper answers, keeping it within the Black and White campaign, otherwise it makes it easy for them to delay the meeting until results improve (unlikely).

Behind west stand 2.30 I understand. No leadership from Trust who are still of the theory that talking therapy best and better the devil you know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Trust can't win because whatever they do someone will pop up and criticise that it's not in my name blah blah blah as this shithouse of a club gets made shittier and shittier by the fucktard Belgian that owns us
    There'll always be some Charlton fan mincing around trying to lick the undercarriage of Roland as he fucks us up

Amazing how people can still think there is room for these people. Benefit of doubt is long gone.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    West2003 said:

Yep.

• Options
    I have been away all week and trying to catch up. Can some-one tell me whether you have to put yourself forward to then be randomly selected or just sit back and see if I am.
  • Options
    redman said:

I have been away all week and trying to catch up. Can some-one tell me whether you have to put yourself forward to then be randomly selected or just sit back and see if I am.

Sit back and relax.

• Options

The Trust can't win because whatever they do someone will pop up and criticise that it's not in my name blah blah blah as this shithouse of a club gets made shittier and shittier by the fucktard Belgian that owns us
    There'll always be some Charlton fan mincing around trying to lick the undercarriage of Roland as he fucks us up

What exactly are you getting at :smile: ?
  • Options

Time you climbed down off the fence and said what you really feel
  • Options
    Not sure theres any reason to think the Trust won't be there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not sure that has anything to do with the fact they have also been invited to this meeting, imo.

I wonder why the trust have not released notes about the meeting? Or anyone else?

CAST or any of the FF members attending said meeting are not supposed to divulge anything until the minutes are released for publication on the OS.

They have been forwarded to those who attended for any comments and should now be with KM to give them the final once over.

Would expect them to be on the OS this coming week.

Hope that helps.

• Options

Purely out of interest.....

Who do Keith Blair, Graham Mackley, John Perkins, Craig Parrett currently represent?

How many of the supporters groups are currently active (maintaining meetings, annual memberships etc?

And how many members would something like the Reminiscence Group have?

You may well ask.....
  • Options
    Fanny are you still on the FF ? Please say yes.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Katrien refuses to meet with the Trust, but will meet with them if diluted with other people.

Would be amusing if all those people rejected the invite, bar the Trust :-)

They can, of course, nominate a Trust board member as their representative...

I think the meeting is important, but we must recognise the meeting's been organised on the club's terms again and take control of the agenda and control of the conversation. I hope and expect whoever is nominated to attend makes every effort towards unity and recognises that the work done in preparation will be as important as the meeting itself.
    I think the best thing any individual fan could do would be to politely decline an invite to attend.

I understand that the Trust and other representative groups need to be seen to take up the offer of engagement, but the more people that turn up will give the meeting the credibility it wouldn't appear to deserve.
    The only person really worth speaking to is the owner, and he isn't going to be there.

I attended the last two VIP meetings, listening to Mr Murray singing the praises of Chris Powell sat next to him a few days before he was sacked, and in February hear KM pay lip service to people's concerns on a number of issues.

Have just found a draft I didn't get round to posting on the thread about that meeting the next day:

"My stand out reflection from being there last night was Katrien's insistence - and offence at any suggestion to the contrary - that she has both told the whole truth about the Luzon appointment, and that she is not a 'puppet'.
    What became even more clear is that she has no intention of suggesting to Roland that he should make any more effort to engage directly with supporters - as that would undermine her own position of being in charge."

I think that still stands today. I can understand why she doesn't want the owner to be speaking to fans instead of her, but when he is the one so clearly pulling the strings it makes meetings with others little more than a PR exercise.

I think a small and select turnout from a bigger invite list would make a point in itself.
    Airman Brown to fire the questions, she won't know what has hit her.
  • Options

Officially, yes, CE.

However, I have intimated that I will stand down , mainly due to our move away into E.Sussex recently but also because there may be no more POTY dinners to organise if KM has her way.

We'll see what happens on 10th November.

• Options

Officially, yes, CE.

However, I have intimated that I will stand down , mainly due to our move away into E.Sussex recently but also because there may be no more POTY dinners to organise if KM has her way.

Stand down after you've saved the club :-)
  • Options

Officially, yes, CE.

Stand down after you've saved the club :-)
    Saint Jean !

Hmm, sounds good but the powers that be would surely have me burnt at the stake before then !