Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM and Murray to meet with fans

Comments

• Options
    It's a step forward, but given the representatives of the FF and the randomly selected fans could be arse kissers, we still need to make sure we put pressure on the two of them to give us proper answers, if we sit back and wait for the outcome of the meeting its too easy to trot out the usual
  • Options
    Box ticking exercise/publicity stunt, call it what you will. We all know what to expect. She can't be trusted and Murray wants an easy life. It's all a load of crap and nothing will be clearer after this pointless waste of time!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

razil said:

The FF has a restrictive remit, but why randomly selected fans need to be invited who knows, shame another gimmicky approach has to be applied and shows once more a lip service approach, and a reluctance to accept a body that is democratically constituted to represent charlton fans as a whole.

It is the Trust who has been seeking this form of dialogue, not the FF or random fans

All the same we'll see what happens.

Sorry, but I can't agree with this at all.

The Trust does some great things, but how many people are actually members? Many, many more supporters are not and have as much right to voice an opinion as those who are involved in the Trust. Let's not fall out amongst individual groups and fans and let's not take an elitist stand that one person/group has a right to voice an opinion over anyone else.

Great that they're doing this. Let's not knock it until we all hear what has been said and thn acted upon.
    Well over a 1,000 paid up members. What other supporter group has that representation at CAFC.?
    Personally I do not have an issue with other other 'groups' being invited, but as someone who has in the past attended these meetings I am not convinced that the FF is the appropriate
    body. I am not going to pour cold water on this, but I do have reservations, that this will be a controlled format.
    As they say we shall see........
  • Options
    "Do you accept that our squad was too small too cope with the rigours of the championship"

This has to be the opening Gambit:
    If the answer isn't Yes, then it could be a long night.
  • Options
    Why are the VIP 5 year season tickets holder represented, when it expired last year?
  • Options
    Give her both barrels
  • Options

Call me a cynic, but this will achieve nothing. The selective audience proves they're looking for an easy ride. They haven't listened before, they won't listen now. What we need is action, we need to see a British manager put in place, we need new back room staff who have a strong knowledge and understanding of the British game. Only then will you start winning back the hearts of our fans.

Like Millwall last season ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Very sceptical but we'll see.
    My fear is she will just trot the same out tosh out. The"We know best so mind your own business" stance we've seen so many times before.

or "Roland knows best"
  • Options
    Have they set a date for this meeting? Or are they delaying until we stop losing all the time?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I stand to be corrected but did Fanny not resign from the FF at the beginning of this week
  • Options
    How difficult could it be to dial old Roland in on the conference phone ?
  • Options
    I probably wont be selected as no dogs are allowed!
  • Options

The trust is the biggest and most representative group that exists, it is open to all - putting it on a par with some of the other groups that attend the FF, never mind random people off the database who may or may not have anything to say, is disrespectful and designed to diminish it. I would suggest a pre-meet for whoever is invited to offset the club's continuing divide and rule tactic.

makes a lot of sense
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Addicted said:

razil said:

The FF has a restrictive remit, but why randomly selected fans need to be invited who knows, shame another gimmicky approach has to be applied and shows once more a lip service approach, and a reluctance to accept a body that is democratically constituted to represent charlton fans as a whole.

It is the Trust who has been seeking this form of dialogue, not the FF or random fans

All the same we'll see what happens.

for Razil : democratically constituted by whom exactly? The fact is there are many more CAFC fans who are not members than are. So you don't represent the majority do you, you don't represent me for example.

In general : It's amazing that this is seen as a gimmick when everyone has been moaning about the Club not engaging the fans and then when they do it's seen as paying lip service. Why don't you all moan about it for a couple of days and if you moan enough they may cancel it so giving you something else to moan about. It's a start and to be applauded. And let's see who is randomly selected before complaining about any possible contrived selection.
    Cast your mind back to the last time KM communicated directly with a fan? She picked out a young kid who was obviously a bit overawed and didnt stand a chance asking direct questions against a trained lawyer. I'll carry on being skeptical until theres some positive action. And that's action not just passive empty chat
    spot on Addicked.. and KingHill the point is that this a way of managing a meeting as PR stunt, to quote an certain Mr Bradshaw it could be construed as disingenuous.

I have no objection to them talking to real fans, perhaps in an open public meeting, and answering emails. I also have no problem with ordinary fans forming an organisation with a remit specifically concerned with club strategy, but until they do what right do they have either to represent other Charlton fans? And yes the Trust is democratically constituted, they can't force people to join, yet still a decent number are inspired to do so considering the size of our club etc and inspite of the huge apathy we see generally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Usual tactics from them, they can themselves into a mess if there own making. Fans ready to have a go back so they come up with a stalling tactic to quell any protests, in the vain hope results improve and this all goes away.

What does anything will come out of these meetings. Is KM going to say we will stop sacking Managers, have a decent side squad? No chance
  • Options
    Agree with the opinion that it is purely to appease the fanbase, no actual change will come of it.
  • Options
    Some critiisism here regarding the invitation of a random selection of fans. I don't understand why. There are organised fans groups and quite rightly they should be invited but still the vast majority of fans are not trust members or have any interest or input in the workings of the fans forum. Not all fans are either able or inclined to do so either. They attend week in week out but still have an investment in CAFC. Bring this disparate group into the equation should be applauded. To do otherwise would further alienate this majority.

Can't we all just be pleased that at last the club has been dragged kicking and screaming to the table.
  • Options
    Clearly a lot of (well founded) mistrust - problem is that now they're in a right mess of damned if they do, damned if they don't...
  • Options
    My first question would be to ask why attendances are so bad, and what they intend to do about it.
    I think a number of issues would arise from that.