Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM and Murray to meet with fans

Comments

• Options
    no ones falling out, and its not elitist but a statement of fact and an observation
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    something needs to change here, thats the key, nevertheless its a welcome development
  • Options
    I suspect that even without some of the actions taken by supporters, KM and RM realise that this time things are different, which explains the lack of whitewash statement on Monday.

It's interesting that the International Break has been mentioned, both in term of this get together, but also for appointing a permanent manager (whether it's Fraeye or not). I wonder which will happen first...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just mentioned on sky sports news along with the petition
  • Options
    What really needs to happen is to get out amongst the fans, but in an open and honest way, and being willing to accept criticism. The problem is the position is now difficult prohibiting that kind of approach.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

What was ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

kentred2 said:

What was ?
    Under their investigating banner. Said fans upset, petition up to 1000 and then read out the chuckle twins press release as above.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

razil said:

The FF has a restrictive remit, but why randomly selected fans need to be invited who knows, shame another gimmicky approach has to be applied and shows once more a lip service approach, and a reluctance to accept a body that is democratically constituted to represent charlton fans as a whole.

It is the Trust who has been seeking this form of dialogue, not the FF or random fans

All the same we'll see what happens.

Sorry, but I can't agree with this at all.

The Trust does some great things, but how many people are actually members? Many, many more supporters are not and have as much right to voice an opinion as those who are involved in the Trust. Let's not fall out amongst individual groups and fans and let's not take an elitist stand that one person/group has a right to voice an opinion over anyone else.

Great that they're doing this. Let's not knock it until we all hear what has been said and thn acted upon.
    I agree 100%

what percentage of our support are involved in the FF? why shouldn't some of the remaining supporters get an opportunity to attend?

• Options

Ahhhhhh - the infamous database.
    I hope they don't advise the 'lucky' few by post!

If so, we'll end up with five Bournemouth fans who will declare(truthfully) they are at the highest level they have ever been and are having the time of their lives.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015

razil said:

The FF has a restrictive remit, but why randomly selected fans need to be invited who knows, shame another gimmicky approach has to be applied and shows once more a lip service approach, and a reluctance to accept a body that is democratically constituted to represent charlton fans as a whole.

It is the Trust who has been seeking this form of dialogue, not the FF or random fans

All the same we'll see what happens.

for Razil : democratically constituted by whom exactly? The fact is there are many more CAFC fans who are not members than are. So you don't represent the majority do you, you don't represent me for example.

In general : It's amazing that this is seen as a gimmick when everyone has been moaning about the Club not engaging the fans and then when they do it's seen as paying lip service. Why don't you all moan about it for a couple of days and if you moan enough they may cancel it so giving you something else to moan about. It's a start and to be applauded. And let's see who is randomly selected before complaining about any possible contrived selection.
    The reason that people are sceptical is because nothing will come from it.

Whatever is brought up is what she is used to hearing from fans on the way out of the ground on matchdays. All KM is doing his giving them a platform to say what she is already hearing.
  • Options
    Indeed and the reason I am cynical is because it smacks of a PR stunt, and a tightly managed one at that, meaning nothing has changed.
  • Options

Let's make it look like we are doing something before our next home match. Poor attempt to try and stop any protests at the Sheffield Wednesday match.

I am expecting the date of this meeting to be Thursday 26th just before the next home match.

All of this is done to buy them some time and hope performances pick up.

PR stunt and I am not buying it.

I think you'll find the meeting in on the 10th November.

Razil, I can't agree with your reluctance to invite 'ordinary' fans either. In fact, I would be tempted to go as far as to suggest to just invite a group of fans and not the FF members or the Trust committee. Their position is, clearly, publicly known and the meetings with the FF haven't been constructive is preventing the club from getting into this position so what's to say this one would be any different. There is also a question mark over the FF meetings in that the contents of he meetings are not allowed to be discussed until a club official has approved the minutes which, in my view, questions the independence of it.

However I'm happy for all groups to be invited, to suggest it's gimmicky not to invite the same people that have benefitted from access to the club for a long time does sound elitist Razil, even if it wasn't meant to.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Very sceptical but we'll see.
    My fear is she will just trot the same old tosh out. The"We know best so mind your own business" stance we've seen so many times before.
  • Options
    Murray can't resist picking that shovel up can he.