Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• This is an absorbing Grand Prix
  • Best race for ages.
    Still can't call it.
  • Come on Lando 
  • This is nuts... Got a feeling that Lando wont do it 
  • Ah bollox 
  • Such a shame
  • Oh Lando!!! - No lad, you screwed up :(
  • Heartbroken for Lando here 
  • Gutted for him but I think he still made the correct call, if he pitted earlier there was a good chance Lewis overtakes anyway. 

By staying out he gave himself the chance of a comfortable win but just didn’t work out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Should have come in with Hamilton!! 
  • edited September 2021
    Gutting for Lando.
    Also gutting that the spoilt brat’s getting 2nd.
    That rain was a bastard. Even if you disregard the heartbreak for Lando,. Because for Hamilton, even though he got the win, he’s got a net loss on Verstappen compared to what would’ve happened if it had stayed dry.
  • On another note I havent a clue how Russell has managed to rescue a point from all this, he was about 14th a minute ago 
  • Gutting for Lando.
    I know he's not popular on here but 20th on the grid to finish 2nd he had a great race. 
  • Gutting for Lando.
    I know he's not popular on here but 20th on the grid to finish 2nd he had a great race. 
    He’s got the best car.

That’s what the Hamilton haters always say isn’t it?
  • Russell and Norris will need to put the British pincer on Verstappen the next 10-12 years or so once Lewis calls it a day.

We are well covered to prevent the spoilt brat building up too much silverware. 
  • Lewis handed a victory there by Lando, should have listened to his team when they told him to come in 2 laps before, Hamilton would have then been the one trying to tiptoe around on slicks, worst he would have got was 2nd and instead he's lucky to grab a couple of points in 7th
  • edited September 2021
    Gutting for Lando.
    Also, not really.
    His drive looked good early on because he made a load of ground up on all the usual backmarkers, but he was fucked once he got stuck amongst Alonso, Ricciardo and the like. The rain was a godsend for him as there’s no way he could’ve made much improvement on his position 5 laps from the end on a dry track.

He drove ok, but he was very, very lucky.
  • Great touch from Lando to go and congratulate Lewis during the interview
  • Gutting for Lando.
    Also, not really.
    His drive looked good early on because he made a load of ground up, but he was fucked once he got stuck amongst Alonso, Ricciardo and the like. The rain was a godsend for him as there’s no way he could’ve made much improvement on his position 5 laps from the end on a dry track.

I think you are interpreting things to suit your point of view. 
    He had a very good race. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutting for Lando.
    Also, not really.
    His drive looked good early on because he made a load of ground up, but he was fucked once he got stuck amongst Alonso, Ricciardo and the like. The rain was a godsend for him as there’s no way he could’ve made much improvement on his position 5 laps from the end on a dry track.

He had a very good race. 
    Sorry, but no. 
    He was looking at 6th at best. Like I say, he didn’t drive badly, but it wasn’t a great race from him. You can’t deny he got away with that one. 
  • Gutting for Lando.
    Also, not really.

He had a very good race. 
    Sorry, but no. 
    He was looking at 6th at best. Like I say, he didn’t drive badly, but it wasn’t a great race from him. You can’t deny he got away with that one. 
    You could also argue Hamilton got lucky.
    Without the rain he wouldn't have won.
    I'm not a particularly fan of Verstapen but I think he drove well today. 
  • edited September 2021
    Red Bull had messed it up a little until the rain. He came in at the right time. In terms of Norris, if it was going to rain harder, which it did, you are better off in second. Norris had to react to Hamilton and the weather. 
  • Gutting for Lando.
    Also, not really.

He had a very good race. 
    Sorry, but no. 
    You could also argue Hamilton got lucky.
    Without the rain he wouldn't have won.
    I'm not a particularly fan of Verstapen but I think he drove well today. 
    You’re absolutely right of course regarding Hamilton. He didn’t deserve the win. No arguments from me there. 
    Norris drove beautifully and was fucked by a coin flip decision.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on MV on today’s race. But he is an excellent driver, no doubt about that.
  • Great touch from Lando to go and congratulate Lewis during the interview
    Poor bloke looks devastated in his post match interview 
  • You could see that neither Norris or Hamilton wanted to come in but Mercedes were insistent telling Lewis it was going to get worse, whereas McLaren left it to Norris who maybe had to make a choice without the quality of data required.
  • Best race in ages, thoroughly enjoyed that. Gutted for Lando, but perhaps that outcome gives him the experience next time to listen to his team. That said, they should have been more insistent & given him better info on what was happening.  

Delighted for Lewis. Calm throughout and worked his way back after losing those early places. Experienced head then showed when it mattered. 
  • edited September 2021
    Hamilton and Verstappen both lucky boys today. Verstappen more so yah Hamilton but still, they both got more points than they would have done without the rain. 

Verstappen was back of the grid for something not in his control whereas Hamilton botched his start again (as he did at Monza) and got bogged down behind a Mclaren (as he did at Monza). 

Feel for Lando but you can tell he and his team aren’t used to winning - when out in front you take the least risky option which always looked like it would be to get onto the inters. 

The rain turned a decent race into a very exciting one though.