Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham - Post Match Views

123457»

Comments

• Mackie, what a pain in the arse
  • fortunately for Saturday I see mackie is now at QPR.
  • yeah they have much better players than Mackie now
  • :( oh well so do we. They are only 3rd with 5 wins to our two. Not at all nervous....
  • edited October 2015

Fulham's supporters must have been as sick as I did that evening at the Den under Lennie when we let it slip from the same position.

Not in a million years will their sickness have got anywhere near the levels of sickness I felt that night
    The filthy scummy jammy last minute goal scoring slags broke me that night and they got two in the last 4 minutes and they are our only real rivals
    Fulham prolly have the same nothingy feel about us as we do about them
    Oh that was an horrific night
  • It clear to me Mr oohaah,

Your Millwallitis is still there in your head
    even thou there no sign of them coming your way any time soon.
    I'm going to up the dosage and hope that helps your recurring nightmares to stop. NEXT.
  • Ben18 said:

Can someone post the "that's none of my business" photo of Jacko sipping a beer please.

Want to send it to a Fulham pal, plus a Fulham knob on twitter.

Anyone found it ??
    AHHH I KNOW WHERE THAT IS.

Its right outside my work! *sits by window for next 3 months staring hoping he might come back*
  • Those bastards got an outrageous freekick at the valley that helped towards our relegation in 07.

Sunday was just a little bit of payback
  • Those bastards got an outrageous freekick at the valley that helped towards our relegation in 07.

Sunday was just a little bit of payback

Yes ... good thinking....
  • stonemuse said:

Most of its been said. My two favourite moments were:

1. Covered end singing after fulham's second "you're nothing special, we lose every week". Made me laugh.

Forgot that, yes, very funny
    Guessing it was just in response to their "How shit must you be, we're winning away".
  • Sponsored links:

• EastStand said:

Ben18 said:

Can someone post the "that's none of my business" photo of Jacko sipping a beer please.

Want to send it to a Fulham pal, plus a Fulham knob on twitter.

Anyone found it ??
    AHHH I KNOW WHERE THAT IS.

Its right outside my work! *sits by window for next 3 months staring hoping he might come back*
    looks like Devonshire Terrace
  • Do we have a sports psychologist at the club?

During a particularly lethargic period of the second half I sensed that belief was draining from the from players and supporters alike. JJs magical cameo role seemed to inject that vital missing ingredient and act as a catalyst for the team (and supporters) to up their game.

Chris Powell employed one in March 2013 to good effect http://www.danabrahams.com/news/working-with-charlton-athletic.php

Anyway once the players are sorted out perhaps we could all have a half time session from the big screen. Together we can do this. Ommmmmm

Crickey, better get this fella back.
  • edited October 2015
    We got out of jail on Sunday, yet for some fans the draw at home was celebrated as a heroic victory. Expectations have slipped, horizons lowered.

Strangely, despite our latest results, we are playing with a zip not seen for ages: passing quickly, probing and searching. The abject surrender at Cardiff was ameliorated by a last-ditch fight against Fulham a week later. Yet I do wonder: why are we always on the back foot?

Luzon has got the team fired up to get forward: that much is a delight. This is the most basic principle of football, obvious to a six-year-old child: advance and score. Without a win all season, Huddersfield ripped up Duchatelet's conceit by out-playing us - with strength, speed, and intuition.

Fulham were facing relegation last season. They sold their best players, yet the survivors cut us apart on Sunday, sending carefully weighted balls from midfield to attack: this is incision. We, however, are upping the tempo of our moves, sideways like crabs injected with amphetamine, desperate until the last frantic lucky explosion.

Cellebos, injured after two seconds, has never played a first-team game in two years at Spurs; likewise, neither has Ba at Sunderland. Vetokele may have excited the good burghers of Copenhagen, but the punters at Bromley or Welling are laughing at his failings. Look at Makienok, six-feet-seven, netted a few goals in the outposts of Denmark, failed miserably in Sicily, and was then shipped to The Valley. His "lay-offs" arrive at the feet of our opponents, and now he is injured.

Never forget that Duchatelet sits on a vast fortune of £350 million, and gulls you in to being prisoners of his own cheapness. Huddersfield don't have a penny, yet they demolished us.

We should buy good players.

• We got out of jail on Sunday, yet for some fans the draw at home was celebrated as a heroic victory. Expectations have slipped, horizons lowered.

Strangely, despite our latest results, we are playing with a zip not seen for ages: passing quickly, probing and searching. The abject surrender at Cardiff was ameliorated by a last-ditch fight against Fulham a week later. Yet I do wonder: why are we always on the back foot?

Luzon has got the team fired up to get forward: that much is a delight. This is the most basic principle of football, obvious to a six-year-old child: advance and score. Without a win all season, Huddersfield ripped up Duchatelet's conceit by out-playing us - with strength, speed, and intuition.

Fulham were facing relegation last season. They sold their best players, yet the survivors cut us apart on Sunday, sending carefully weighted balls from midfield to attack: this is incision. We, however, are upping the tempo of our moves, sideways like crabs injected with amphetamine, desperate until the last frantic lucky explosion.

Cellebos, injured after two seconds, had never played a first-team game in two years at Spurs; likewise, neither had Ba at Sunderland. Vetokele may have excited the good burghers of Copenhagen, but the punters at Bromley or Welling would laugh at his failings. Look at Makienok, six-feet-seven, netted a few goals in the outposts of Norway, failed miserably in Sicily, and was then shipped to The Valley. His "lay-offs" arrive at the feet of our opponents, and now he is injured.

Never forget that Duchatelet sits on a vast fortune of £350 million, and gulls you in to being prisoners of his own cheapness. Huddersfield don't have a penny, yet they demolished us.

Change the record mate, you are getting so fucking boring.

Be realistic or give valid responses.

Alternatively try and be a bit more interesting .. saying the same thing again and again does you no favours.
  • How much money Duchatelet has is irrelevant. He doesn't have some obligation to bankrupt himself
  • We got out of jail on Sunday, yet for some fans the draw at home was celebrated as a heroic victory. Expectations have slipped, horizons lowered.

Cellebos, injured after two seconds, had never played a first-team game in two years at Spurs; likewise, neither had Ba at Sunderland. Vetokele may have excited the good burghers of Copenhagen, but the punters at Bromley or Welling would laugh at his failings. Look at Makienok, six-feet-seven, netted a few goals in the outposts of Norway, failed miserably in Sicily, and was then shipped to The Valley. His "lay-offs" arrive at the feet of our opponents, and now he is injured.

2/10. No mentions of attacking throw-ins, or the work done at Sparrows Lane.

Must try harder.
  • stonemuse said:

We got out of jail on Sunday, yet for some fans the draw at home was celebrated as a heroic victory. Expectations have slipped, horizons lowered.

Alternatively try and be a bit more interesting .. saying the same thing again and again does you no favours.

Makienok had a 50% goal ratio in Denmark, not Norway.
    In Italy there was a change of manager who did not rate him.
    I think he has started well and is a shame he has received an injury.
  • stonemuse said:

Makienok had a 50% goal ratio in Denmark, not Norway.
    In Italy there was a change of manager who did not rate him.
    I think he has started well and is a shame he has received an injury.

I actually wrote the last paragraph!
  • We are upping the tempo of our moves, sideways like crabs injected with amphetamine,

Very good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Every bad run has to be halted. Of course, if we lose our next game away to reading, we can’t really claim this draw has halted the slide. And Reading may be one of the hardest places to go to right now. Although we can take heart from the fact that Derby is not an easy place to go to either. If the break is kind to us and we can get what looks to be close to our strongest side out, we can use the momentum positively. The defence has shown it can keep good teams out – but the whole team needs to be functioning at 95 plus per cent at least.

It is clear, that lump that he is – Makienok is a useful player to have in the side and we do need Henderson back. The return of those two will probably boost us significantly. But we also have to accept that the size of the squad will mean that we have to play weakened teams too often for it to be a good season for us.
  • edited October 2015
    There's a intelligence about football, an understanding, if you like. When you realise that we are a mean, miserable little club, you might get it.

I've watched Makienok - he is a plank. He is just like your other folk-hero, the marvellous Joe Piggott, stumbling over the ball and now at Southend. Or Callum Harriott.

There are claims on this forum that Harriott should be retrieved from Colchester. That says it all for your ambition. Vetokele trips over his own feet and needs lengthy treatment in our 3-0 defeat at Blackburn. Who can beat that?

Has it ever occurred to you that we are 17th in the league, and are routinely skinned by our opponents?

We need tough, intelligent players.

• Viewfinder, are you an ex academy player who never made it into the first team? Is that what all this is about?
  • Makienok has played a huge contribution in most of our goals and he's been injured for most of the season.
  • edited October 2015

There's a intelligence about football, an understanding, if you like. When you realise that we are a mean, miserable little club, you might get it.

I've watched Makienok - he is a plank. He is just like your other folk-hero, the marvellous Joe Piggott, stumbling over the ball and now at Southend. Or Callum Harriott.

There are claims on this forum that Harriott should be retrieved from Colchester. That says it all for your ambition. Vetokele trips over his own feet and needs lengthy treatment in our 3-0 defeat at Blackburn. Who can beat that?

Has it ever occurred to you that we are 17th in the league, and are routinely skinned by our opponents?

We need tough, intelligent players.

It seems the view you have found is that of a pessimist.

We were 18th before Sunday's game, no wonder fans were pleased. We moved up a place in the league!
    :lol:

But seriously RD is a better owner for the clubs future than MS and TJ who fixed a short term problem without worrying about the clubs future.

Yes they did hire the man we wanted as manager and yes they did fund his promotion campaign, which got us out of the brown stuff at that time.

There was no future plan, no supporting the youth or concentrating on the matchday experience... bar some sky divers...

As soon as results turned they bottled it and sold up.

At least with RD we may remain a championship club for a while, but we will do that whilst increasing the clubs value to make us more attractive of a proposition.

• I love Viewfinder.

He just makes me feel positive and optimistic about life. At least someone doesn't buy into the Roly game plan of football on the cheap based on schoolboys and overseas journeymen with injury issues.

Makienok the Plank...brilliant.
  • EastStand said:

Viewfinder, are you an ex academy player who never made it into the first team? Is that what all this is about?

I've cracked it. Viewfinder is Yassin Moutaouakil