Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham - Post Match Views

Comments

• Jackson absolute hero, will paper over the many cracks for the next two weeks but lets hope this is our turning point when we return to action against Reading.
  • Watched on TV,

We lack a main striker, a goal scorer thats for sure, Apart from that we did have some good spell's Jackson should have came on 15 mins earlier and we could have go on to win, Him and Moussa changed the game in midfield

Moussa played a very simple but big role, simple passes played it well and brought alot of needed energy to the midfield he should start next game,

Pope never learns, He made some good saves, but he needs to use his head more if he dosn't feel he can catch it then i'd rarther he fumbled it behind for a corner, then straight at a Fulham player, twice he done that and luckly for us Fulham only capitalised once, I thought he made a BIG SAVE at the end, and a few good saves in the first half, He can sort out that side of his game he is OK as a backup

• Whilst I can't argue that JJ's goal wasn't well taken, the fact is that both that and the Cousin's goal came from decent crosses that were sorely lacking throughout the rest of the game. More of that and we'd be a much tougher proposition to play against.

Fulham's timewasting came back to bite them in the arse but the ref took no account of that with the added time. They wasted at least 4 minutes, let alone the 6 subs and actual stoppages!
  • edited October 2015
    Missed most of the match as internet at home fell out. Saw we were down 2-0 and then missed the second half. Internet came back on and saw the front page: Unbelievable Geoff!

We've been preparing for a hurricane due to hit later this afternoon.

It's a monster and going to get hairy I expect. Let's hope it's like our squad (sans JJ): muted, thin and weak up front.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Missed most of the match as internet at home fell out. Saw we were down 2-0 and then missed the second half. Internet came back on and saw the front page: Unbelievable Geoff!

We've been preparing for a hurricane due to hit later this afternoon.

It's a monster and going to get hairy I expect. Let's hope it's like our squad (sans JJ): muted, thin and weak up front.

OOf. Good luck Lookie, keep us posted, won't you.

• Sponsored links:

• Don't see how kit Symonds and Rob Lee can saw they bossed it. They scored from their only two real chances where as Connor and Ba missed good chances for us as well as having a few chances blocked in the second half.
    Thought the only time we weren't in the game was after the second goal

I do sometimes wonder what horrible thing happened to Rob Lee during his nine years with Charlton to make him hate us so much
  • Posting without reading, but I imagine everybody could see for themselves what it was like.
    Not really any analysis from me just random thoughts.
    Firstly I expected to lose before the match so a point is welcome, better to come back than to lose a lead I suppose.
    Tony Watt is a player who can do it if he wants, a crap first half followed by a good second.
    Connor should have scored in the first minute.
    Jacko not only scored with his first touch, but it must have been close to the shortest amount of time for a sub to enter the fray and score, what was it, ten seconds? It was also Jacko's fiftieth, clear Charlton legend is Jacko.
    Jordan Cousins was our best player, and probably the best player on the pitch, Diarra was great, very welcome back, Pope ought to have held on to that free kick, and we were overrun at times.
    One of those games like the 9 man llera 2-2, pleased, but not at all convinced.
  • Pope just can't hack it with low shots - was lucky not to have let in a second in the first half. The guy has potential but we can't afford to gift goals - hope he sorts it out.
  • he hated his time as a turnstile operator, held it against us ever since.
  • Luzon saying on Sky that we deserved all three points, worries me a bit. His main substantiation for that was that Ba and Watt had chances. I hope he is more analytical when he's calmed down after a match.
  • Oakster said:

Nicholas said:

Play with urgency like we did when Jacko scored were decent team. Play slow and shit like we have done the last 5 games then we may as well give up now. Well done Jacko not been your biggest fan the last few years but fair play you still show some bottle and fight. Better then some of the crap that was on the pitch before you.

I was actually thinking how rushed & frenetic everything was at times (especially in the first half), I just don't get the point of Luzon shouting and screaming instructions in pidgin English like a bug-eyed maniac all the time. Make the odd point yes, but if they can't work the 4-4-2 system out for themselves by now - God help us!
    Luzon gesticulates wildly in the touchline, but no one seems to listen to him
  • Sponsored links:

• Only saw the last 20 mins on the box but we did look flat until the Jackson goal. Then we came alive and the build up to the Cousins' header was superb. That was a brilliant cross by A-Grant and what a good header.

Now let's get Henderson, Kashi and Makienok (plus maybe Reza or Igor) fit for the next game without losing any of the players in today's squad....
  • Now Jacko has given his 15 minute masterclass in leadership could some of the youngsters in the team and Mr Luzon please note. I never want to see the aimlessness display we were treated to after going 2-0 down and Jacko's arrival.
  • good points apart from jj was jordan cousins gudmundson diarra watt, moussa fit and the fight to come back. points to develop; solly is no leader, we need to practice shooting, we need jackson or jordan cousins to lead this team as this is what it lacks, we need more confidence and spark . i will be at reading and really hope jackson and makienok play a part
  • Sadly Pope not good enough for Championship football.
    Has given away too many soft goals this season.
    Thinking back when we had reserve keepers such as Button
    and Alnwick, we need much better now!
  • Only went today as my dads in America on hols and my uncle thought he'd have a weekend away because of the weather. Up until about 60th min we were planning what time to leave to go and see the Scouse derby. We had great spells and good chances but so many silly mistakes too. Frustrating to watch. So glad we stuck it out as haven't celebrated a substitution like that for a long time! I said to Dec as the crowds were cheering for Jackson that he'd be feeling the pressure of the crowd as they were pinning their hopes on him but blimey did he pay them back! Throat is sore for the screaming. Shame we couldn't get the winner at the end and laughing at Fulham for the time wasting backfiring on them. Hoping this kick starts some positive thinking to take into the next few games, we bloody need it!