Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham - Post Match Views

Comments

• Ok I thought we got away with that ...negatives....I have seen enough of Pope now to know that he is liability. ..ba not good enough. ..mcaleny unforgivable miss ....positives jacko and cousins showed the fans they have some pride in the shirt notably both English players kag has bags of potential but I feel his career will suffer if too much is expected of him too early. ..he'd be better going out on loan
  • LenGlover said:

Don't see how kit Symonds and Rob Lee can saw they bossed it. They scored from their only two real chances where as Connor and Ba missed good chances for us as well as having a few chances blocked in the second half.
    Thought the only time we weren't in the game was after the second goal

I do sometimes wonder what horrible thing happened to Rob Lee during his nine years with Charlton to make him hate us so much
    Fans like you and Katrien call him Rob instead of Robert.

Robert Lee played for Charlton.
    And I'm starting to see why he doesn't like us ;)
  • If Jackson can stay fit, if big Mak can get fit, if JBM or Bauer don't get unfit then we might stay up.
    Liked the look of KAG.

• LenGlover said:
    » show previous quotes
    Fans like you and Katrien call him Rob instead of Robert.

Robert Lee played for Charlton.
    And I'm starting to see why he doesn't like us ;)

Bet he don't remember playing for us though
  • Was at the game and thought we were ok first half and first fifteen mins of 2nd half, lost it then for 20 mins then excellent from 80th onwards. Just watched it on tv and 're-confirmed my views. Cousins our best player.
  • edited October 2015
    If that had finish 1-2, i still though we were much better than against Huddersfield Where we were devoid of any ideas at all.

The two errors in both boxes was why we were 1-0 down not 1-0 up at HT.
    played some good passes and young Kag did lots of runs behind their defense,
    i'm sure it was his cross for Jordans goal.

The bizarre thing when Pope has done his 3 biggest howlers
    CAFC 3 Derby2, CAFC2 Hull 1 and CAFC2 Fulham 2 we haven't lost but it's the weakness which will stop him playing above League 1 level, which is a shame for him as he takes crosses better than most keepers.

I was not alone in wanting JJ on as soon as we went 2-0 down because that's when we needed a captain and when we looked at our worse.

We kept passing and we got the point that we deserved even thou , 3-0 to Fulham was looking likely with 20 minutes to go.

A little ray of light with the break again.

Let's hope Big Mak and Hendo will be ready to resume.

Good to see the return of the Moussa.

• Sponsored links:

• I still feel good about this team, get some of the injured back and we will see better.
  • It's frustrating watching Charlton at the moment. Individual errors and the inability to take simple chances are killing us. When the injured players are back, I think we'll be a different team. I'm keeping the faith.
  • edited October 2015
    We went a bit flat but game was pretty even as stats showed. Of course Fulham will be rightfully disapointed being 2 up with 10 to go. Had a textbook Pope error to thank. I thought Fulham thought they had won and that was the chief reason why they didn't. A general point - but If nobody likes time wasting, why don't refs make teams pay for doing it! It is always worth it as the ref never adds the amount of time wasted on!
  • It's all been said really, but I'll add my piece.
    In the first half we were the better side for the middle thirty minutes. Unfortunately another blooper from the Pope and we go in one down.
    Second half, Fulham run us ragged. They had several chances for a third, had they got it we were done.
    Then the man who I would like to see as Charlton manager eventually, came on and not just scored the first, but transformed the whole team into a threatening unit. We deserved the equaliser. If you look at the stats it was 50/50.

I just hope by the time we go to Reading, we have (almost) a full squad to choose from.
  • edited October 2015
    Cracking crosses for both the goals, sidenote that JBG's dead balls were spot on (the corner pinpointed to JJ's run) - I'm sure a lot of club scouts were watching that and he must of stood out .

Pope needs to be replaced or every team will keep picking up on it - it's so easy to spot for us fans so professional club scouts and managers will spot it too.
  • Enter Captain Fantastic

Just a 30-something over the hill footballer dawdling into the box, nothing to see here

GOAAAAAAAAAAL

In slow motion, nice run from Bauer accross Jackson's marker that distracts them.
  • Official attendance 14662 (probably less than 11000)
  • Sponsored links:

• Pope is excellent in general with high balls, needs more protection from his defence when ball on the ground. The two Fulham players reached the ball way ahead of our defence, although Bauer was on the move.
  • WE NEED A KEEPER
    Pope not good enough !!!!
  • Strange old mixture of views on here today!

The way I see it is:
    * even first half in which we could and should have taken the lead through McAleny in the first minute, and when Tony Watt crossed it and KAG failed to connect.
    * Another utterly ridiculous mistake by Pope to give them the lead. I'm pretty sure that McCormack deliberately hit it to bounce in front of Pope having seen his propensity to let the ball bounce off him. First time I've ever seen an attacker use our own goalkeeper as an ally in an attacking set play! I think I'd rather give Mitov a try than keep having Pope screw up.
    * poor defensive work by Diarra and Solly for their second. Then our heads went down and we looked lifeless - until Captain Fantastic made his astonishing appearance.
    * Brilliant last 10 minutes in which we gained what I see as a deserved point. Might even have won it with that Watt chance last few seconds.
    * Quite liked the look of McAleny, apart from that shocking early miss.
    * Apart from Pope, the only player I felt was very below par was KAG. Too may times we had a chance to cross but there was no-one even in their penalty area. With Watt dropping deep so much KAG should have been up on the last defender, not continually running wide.
    * Star performances from Bauer, Cousins, Watt and JBG.
    * Overall, much improved level of performance. Just hope we can get Henderson and Big Mak back for the tough trip to Reading in a couple of weeks.
  • Star performance for watt?? He was shite. Didn't look interested and every time he lost the ball he just walked around. Didn't try and win it back
  • Star performance for watt?? He was shite. Didn't look interested and every time he lost the ball he just walked around. Didn't try and win it back

You watt?!?