Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham - Post Match Views

Comments

• We lost our Church.
    We lost our Chapple.
    But don't bash it ?
    We still ended up with a Bishop.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Official attendance 14662 (probably less than 11000)

Don't think the valley has been that empty in a long time
  • Some of our passing and general play today was excellent, just frustrates me what Luzon could do with his squad if truly backed by the owner but feel we will never find out.
  • Ba had an excellent first half. Few seem to have mentioned that on here. I thought Cousins should have come off instead of Ba.

But Cousins can score goals whereas Ba seems utterly hopeless in front of goal so what do I know.

Jackson's goal made me smile a lot.
  • We lost our Church.
    We lost our Chapple.
    But don't bash it ?
    We still ended up with a Bishop.

Very good mate, a bit deep for some though - a Bishop - Desmond Tutu :sunglasses:
  • I'd like to see a comparison stat showing number of chances created (shots on goal) 2014/15 season v 2015/16 season after the first 10 games.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

2-2. At least we stopped the rot!

Fk
  • edited October 2015
    Cousins can score goals but needs to score more. HE needs to improve this side of his game and I think he can. We rely on too few players who can put the ball in the net and that is part of our problem. JJ is an example of what we need from a midfielder. We have to be realistic and accept JJ will be used sparingly, but Cousins should try and learn from him.
  • Got out of jail there, for sure.

When you follow GL's post match comments after most games, he always refers to CAFC being much more effective when we move the ball quickly. Obvious as that may sound, our players need to listen to the boss.

We were one paced (slow), predictable, uncreative and at times seemed disinterested - especially Tony Watt and KAG was no better (until his excellent contribution to the equaliser).

Yet as soon as JJ came on and especially Moussa, we suddenly started playing how we can play and should play.

Happy with a point and this Fulham side gave a good account of themselves and much better than last season's team.

What a header from JJ, a real net buster. Was saying to my lad that the Fulham defence maybe weren't sure who should pick JJ up as he came on right as the corner was conceded so we got a real Brucey Bonus as JJ got a good run at the ball.

If Tony Watt had netted that last gasp chance, I'd be on the Aspall's by now!

What do Managers have to do to get players fired up from the off?

How important is it to have a driven Captain like JJ, someone who motivates his team mates, fires them up?

• Sponsored links:

• Can someone post the "that's none of my business" photo of Jacko sipping a beer please.

Want to send it to a Fulham pal, plus a Fulham knob on twitter.
  • Glad you had a good day and class from Keith peacock.

Your point on watt and Johan I think is off the mark, they seem to get on quite well from social media.
  • Glad you had a good day and class from Keith peacock.

Your point on watt and Johan I think is off the mark, they seem to get on quite well from social media.

Watt and Fox were reportedly at Chislehurst Golf Club the other day and apparently came over very well in one another's company but seemed to be having a domestic before the restart after Fulham's second goal today. It happens and shows they care, nothing to worry about or the JBG / Watt rumours.
  • purdis said:

Got out of jail there, for sure.

When you follow GL's post match comments after most games, he always refers to CAFC being much more effective when we move the ball quickly. Obvious as that may sound, our players need to listen to the boss.

We were one paced (slow), predictable, uncreative and at times seemed disinterested - especially Tony Watt and KAG was no better (until his excellent contribution to the equaliser).

Yet as soon as JJ came on and especially Moussa, we suddenly started playing how we can play and should play.

Happy with a point and this Fulham side gave a good account of themselves and much better than last season's team.

What a header from JJ, a real net buster. Was saying to my lad that the Fulham defence maybe weren't sure who should pick JJ up as he came on right as the corner was conceded so we got a real Brucey Bonus as JJ got a good run at the ball.

If Tony Watt had netted that last gasp chance, I'd be on the Aspall's by now!

What do Managers have to do to get players fired up from the off?

How important is it to have a driven Captain like JJ, someone who motivates his team mates, fires them up?

When I was listening to the post mortem on that useless shower yesterday someone made the comment that a successful team needs 15 captains on the pitch - and I don't think it is that different in proper football. Luzon needs to get all of them talking, encouraging and cajoling each other and not just rely on Captain Fantastic - I saw precious little of this today for 80 minutes (Bauer consoling Pope after their first goal - being an honourable exception - and who isn't to say that is what motivated to make that fantastic one on one stop in the 2nd half!).
  • First half we were a bit unfortunate to be behind but for Pope yet again not being able to keep hold of a long shot. McAuley should have scored also.

2nd half Fulham got on top and the 2nd goal I thought we looked lost and was fearing a drubbing.

But yet again JJ steps up and his drive and leadership gives us a valuable point. Our build up play today for the most was slow and ponderous. When we raised our intensity and went more direct we looked a much better side. Let's hope Luzon and Co learn from that.
  • RedChaser said:

Glad you had a good day and class from Keith peacock.

Watt and Fox were reportedly at Chislehurst Golf Club the other day and apparently came over very well in one another's company but seemed to be having a domestic before the restart after Fulham's second goal today. It happens and shows they care, nothing to worry about or the JBG / Watt rumours.
    I'm very happy to stand corrected.
  • dont waste your breath - she doesn't care.
  • Sponsored links:

• We weren't as awful as a lot of people are saying, the scoreline before 80mins was harsh on us and we had actually created real chances. Certainly better than the last three games. We deserved a point, or maybe it's just Fulham didn't deserve three. I'm not saying we played really well, just there's a lot of exaggeration on here. Also, Luzon should find a way to play Jackson as much as possible, either starting or off the bench. It's clear we need a real leader on the pitch and that is him.
  • When Jacko got the equaliser I said "he's the only one with any guts". I was wrong, because a few minutes later Jordan Cousins bust his last one to get on the end of KAG's cross.

I thought we deserved a draw over the whole 90 minutes but I'd be gutted if I was a Fulham fan for it to have happened in the way it did.
  • Some random thoughts.

1) Couldn't be bothered to drive across London to watch live today so watched on Sky. For 80 mins that seemed the right idea. But the last 10 proved why you can't really beat watching live!

2) Why on earth do we only start playing with 10 mins left? Do it game after game. Would help greatly if the team played with that level of urgency from the start.

3) Not just saying this but really did sit there for most of the game wondering how on earth Ba was in the line up ahead of Jackson (assuming he is fit).

4) JJ is a legend in my book. Up there with the likes of Kinsella, Robinson, Rufus etc.

5) JJ's heroics have papered over a pretty poor performance. OK, I know we created some good chances but Fulham should have been out of sight long before we scored.

5) KM may want to spin us the line that they have spent a great deal of money bringing players to the club this year. If they have paid big money for Ba, my heart sinks.

6) Huge fan of Nick Pope but today was the day even I have to say he can't stay in the first team any longer. A real talent but if he can't hold low shots, he's got no future at this level.

7) Finally, my heart sunk when Robert Lee appeared as the expert. Of all the ex-Charlton players they could have picked, why him? (He admitted he hadn't seen us play for 5 years). It's almost like he's ashamed to admit he played for us and that his footballing life only started when he went to Newcastle. (He even had a black and white tie on - couldn't see if it had the Newcastle crest on it!)

great post....
    1) For 80 mins I was swerving the next away at Reading. came out of the ground talking about Reading being one of the shorter away journeys.

2) The substitution should have been earlier. 2 goals from proper Charlton players.

3) Ba was a signing. have to pick new signings to appease the owner.

4) Future manager if he finds Belgian ancestry or puts an x on the end of his name.

5) Have a look at Sunderland and he wasn't good enough for them. passed to a yellow shirt for most of the game and passed straight off the pitch on one occasion. Not good enough.

6) Second choice keeper

7) Always nice when players acknowledge where they come from, it shows their humility. Lee is too good to admit he played for little ol Charlton. he played for England you know.
  • Point gained based on the performance.

The situation with Pope needs to be resolved, the errors keep occurring and more worrying are always the same type of error.

Jackson is an inspiration and no matter how many times he is written off, he keeps coming back and producing more.
  • Leaving home this morning, my parting comment was that we really needed to get something out of this game, even if only a point. We just desperately needed to stop the rot. For a long and depressing period in the second half, this looked like a forlorn hope. Thank goodness for JJ and our very own Jordan. What an entrance by JJ, brought the house down! Was very emotional at the end and it seemed like a win.

A couple of thoughts to add to the many different opinions:
    1. During our really poor spell after going 0-2 down, I was as disillusioned with our team as I can remember. For me it had the feel of the end of season Bournemouth match - catastrophic defensive error gets punished, then we stand by and make them look like world beaters, surely we were looking at 0-3, maybe even 0-4. Had we made no progress in those 5 months since May? The recovery from this nadir was all the more unexpected and impressive.
    2. I'm getting mightily frustrated with our inability to EVER EVER EVER score from one on ones with the goalie! Have lost count In the last 12 months but there were another three today (counting Watt at the end, maybe a little harsh). WHY?
  • AshBurton said:

Leaving home this morning, my parting comment was that we really needed to get something out of this game, even if only a point. We just desperately needed to stop the rot. For a long and depressing period in the second half, this looked like a forlorn hope. Thank goodness for JJ and our very own Jordan. What an entrance by JJ, brought the house down! Was very emotional at the end and it seemed like a win.

A couple of thoughts to add to the many different opinions:
    1. During our really poor spell after going 0-2 down, I was as disillusioned with our team as I can remember. For me it had the feel of the end of season Bournemouth match - catastrophic defensive error gets punished, then we stand by and make them look like world beaters, surely we were looking at 0-3, maybe even 0-4. Had we made no progress in those 5 months since May? The recovery from this nadir was all the more unexpected and impressive.
    2. I'm getting mightily frustrated with our inability to EVER EVER EVER score from one on ones with the goalie! Have lost count In the last 12 months but there were another three today (counting Watt at the end, maybe a little harsh). WHY?

Think Tony Watt scored one on one v Norwich at home last season. Took it with ease as I recall.