Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham - Post Match Views

The Johnnie Jackson Appreciation Society.

Over to you...

Comments

• Love him. Great moment. Papered over the cracks, but who cares.
  • Johnnie 'Jackass' Jackson.
    Comedy sub.
    Comedy header.
    Made everyone laugh.
    Well done skip :sweat_smile:
  • Thought we created enough to win the game but after they went two up and we had an awful 15 minutes I would take a point all day long.
    A bit of passion there at the end but need to be shown through out the game.
    Watt had the best game I had seen for a while, Ba still looks short of confidence
  • Kit Simmonds (or however you spell it) is absolutely livid on sky right now. To be honest I can see why, we showed fantastic character and ability to come back and i am buzzing right now but they were far better than us and more clinical for 80 minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely delighted and felt as good as a win. Mousa really impressed and JJ's introduction was absolute game changer. COYA!!!!
  • The miss in the first minute was a shocker, as I think he side footed it. Everyone knows Pope has a problem with a low straight ball at him and yet the defence is slow to react. The last 10 mins + injury time were great.
  • Reading away next up and the last 10 gave me some ideas of how I would like to see us line up:

Midfield of JBG, Cousins, Kashi, Jacko, Moussa (playing off Watt).

Moussa looked good - and Jacko should be able to cope better in a three and play to the strengths that we saw today.

If Big Mak is back, maybe use him as a centre point to bring the ball down and lay off to JBG and Moussa running on to it.

As I said - when you are as bad as we were the first 3 quarters of the second half, just bringing on a player who cares on 80 mins can make all the difference.
  • DRAddick said:

Luzon said we deserved 3 points. He sings to his own tune that one.

Managed to get a result not deserved on the balance of play and will paper over the cracks for some. Hopefully this result can push the players on because I'm not convinced our problems aren't just as much mental than skilful. Would be good if this international break has the reverse effect of the last one.

A Draw was the right result.

The stats were almost identical.
  • In a league where goals are so hard to come by, we need to make sure we don't concede easy goals....

Jackson is a hero, he isnt our best player but needs to feature more, I don't quite think Luzon has ever understood what Jackson brings to the team and that is a shame.

Most of our chances are coming from the wings, KAG isn't up to it, not that there are any better options. Need another proper striker. As for a proper goalkeeper, I think nothing more needs to be said about that now.

Cousins and Jackson. Charlton through and through. Cousins was fantastic and not just when he scored. A lot of the central runs were great runs from him whilst holding off a few players and then making a pass.

Turned it around but now need that momentum to continue.
  • Nicholas said:

Play with urgency like we did when Jacko scored were decent team. Play slow and shit like we have done the last 5 games then we may as well give up now. Well done Jacko not been your biggest fan the last few years but fair play you still show some bottle and fight. Better then some of the crap that was on the pitch before you.

I was actually thinking how rushed & frenetic everything was at times (especially in the first half), I just don't get the point of Luzon shouting and screaming instructions in pidgin English like a bug-eyed maniac all the time. Make the odd point yes, but if they can't work the 4-4-2 system out for themselves by now - God help us!
  • Dazzler21 said:

DRAddick said:

Managed to get a result not deserved on the balance of play and will paper over the cracks for some. Hopefully this result can push the players on because I'm not convinced our problems aren't just as much mental than skilful. Would be good if this international break has the reverse effect of the last one.

A Draw was the right result.

The stats were almost identical.
    Stats don't tell a full story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Johnnie Jackson you just got to love him . We know that he can not run but we also know he has got desire in bucket loads. Is that now 50 goals to for him
  • DRAddick said:

Spot on
  • Some truly disgraceful comments on the match thread! I thought it was an excellent game between two evenly matched teams, even though Fulham had an 11 million pound striker in theirs. Great fight back at the end & Tony Watt could so easily have won it at the death.

Really? I thought that it was pretty fair, given the dire state of the game. In the second half until Jacko came on we were lamentable, and had he not been put on it would have ended up 0-3. As the commentators were saying.

At times we played some good football, in the fist half, and of course after Jacko, but there was a worrying fragility about the team. The body language was not good, especially second half. I imagine that the Cardiff second half looked like that.

But mainly we need to sort out our injuries, and the backroom team that is responsible for rehab and fitness. Moussa was one of the few plus points from today, so at least they got him sorted out, though it took long enough.

Nick Pope has strengths, not least on crosses (where Dmitrovic prefers to punch rather than catch). But he needs work. It does not help that our goalkeeping coach went to Brighton. If Henderson isn't back after this second break, (he should have been back after the first) then we need another keeper in. Or get Dmitrovic back. I believe Nick Pope will come good but too many similar mistakes tell the story.
  • edited October 2015
    You can't give a team like Fulham a 1 goal start, it was always going to be an uphill battle from then on. Moving the ball nicely, forward line looks lively. Lacking leadership and a bit of luck, most ricochets were bouncing to Fulham. We looked a totally different team once things started to go our way. KAG and Watt are unpolished diamonds. We look too good for relegation but a couple of key players short of top 6.