Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Makienok

Comments

• Options
    Mr. Happy said:

dallas said:

you should stay in doors and cut the grass

I really want to know what this means.

Is this an oxymoron?
  • Options

Bauer had a free header from a corner as three of their players were watching and followed big Mak, he'll cause the opposition all sorts of problems this year and is the kind of player we lacked last year. It's a Yes from me!

Every time we got a free-kick and every time we got a corner (baring the one where Bauer had his chance) it was played low into the box.

Thats the beauty we've got now; Defenders wont know whether to mark Makienok or to watch out for a low ball to the likes of Tony Watt... Seriously what do you do?
  • Options

He did "ok" today, certainly much better when Watt came on. Of course a target man brings more to the table than just goals but I don't remember him threatening even once. Question is, have we got enough goals in the rest of the team to cover a non-scoring striker? Winning today would seem to suggest we do, but in the longer term, and based solely on first impressions, I see this putting a big strain on Watt to score the goals.

You say that but we haven't had anyone close to 20 goals since we came back up. So I think the answer will be yes we do have enough goals else where and I still back him to get 8 or more goals.
  • Options
    I really like him. He has clear and distinct traits to his game that everyone on the team knows how to utilize. It might not be pretty, but at least he will be effective if we do have to play long ball from time to time. He'll nick a few goals from corners too.

10x better than players like Tucudean and Church who we had around the side at the start of last season.
  • Options
    What about the corner (east side)where we had 3 or 4 players standing in the far corner of the box(west side) down at the South side stand I was watching from the north side
    Can't remember what happened but it was a groovy little set up
    Possibly led to a blocked gudmundsson shot as all the dummy and fake runs happened
  • Options

What about the corner (east side)where we had 3 or 4 players standing in the far corner of the box(west side) down at the South side stand I was watching from the north side
    Can't remember what happened but it was a groovy little set up
    Possibly led to a blocked gudmundsson shot as all the dummy and fake runs happened

Yeah. Kashi took the corner. I was wondering why JBG wasn't hovering round the edge of the box instead of hanging on the back post. By the time all the movement had happened he nearly had a free shot from the penaty spot.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    He still looks a little rusty to me, once hes fully up and running I think there will be a few teams who know hes around. Woolwich home of the Big Mak!.
  • Options
    Got better as the game wore on. The coaching staff will work on him, to increase his back to goal presence (mainly his heading) and will also feed him plenty of crosses to attack. His defensive heading already looks pretty strong and could be as big an asset as his attacking threat. All that matters is that we play well and win, and if that means Makienok only gets a few goals but gets involved in all aspects of play then great. In time we need to look beyond the goal tally and judge him on the job he does for the team. This was only the first game of a long season.
  • Options
    I was impressed with the way he defended set pieces too.

He reminded me of Didier Drogba in this respect.
  • Options
    How tall is he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How tall is he?

Makienok, Makienok, Makie Makienok
    He's six foot seven with a ten inch cock
    Makie Makienok
  • Options
    Ten times as effective as Church, and he occupies two defenders which is a massive plus. Ball control top notch for a big man. A "hold up" forward at this level tends to hold up using brute strength before offloading to a ball player, Makienok doesn't strike me as that type of player and has enough ball skill to try and link up play like an additional midfielder. He came back into midfield quite a lot and was effective.

So need to judge him on his talents and strengths not what he he's not doing. Assuming Igor, or another goal scorer is recruited, he will be a valuable game changer. We have been one dimensional over recent season, either a Yann or a Vetokele, and never had the luxury of being able to disrupt the opponents rhythm by changing it round.
  • Options

Much better at defending than attacking.
    he needs to improve on that first showing though.

The long ball forward in the second half that hit him on the hairball was bizarre - Watt stood in 3 different places waiting for it to land!

Blimey. what game were you at?
  • Options
    the sort of player all his team mates will really appreciate I bet
  • Options
    Thought he was a bit of a blunt object in the game yesterday really, his feet looked a bit clumsy and I was eagerly waiting to brand him as having "good feet for a big man". Movement seemed decent though and he wasn't bad.

Definitely need a few games to make any kind of proper judgement, and he definitely improved a lot when Watt came on with him. I can at least roll out the cliché that he "looks a handful for defenders".
  • Options
    Instrumental in us retaining possession just before Fox goal. He doesn't look clumsy at all with the ball. I already like him.
  • Options
    He was closely marked, when teams dont pay him enough attention in the box he'll grab goals. When they do others will score.

KAG didnt offer SM enough and imo isnt ready. Watt showed how useful SM can be.

We've missed the ability to get the ball up top and make it stick the last few seasons. Gives the defense a rest and allows others to push up.

I like him.
  • Options
    Just hope that throwing KAG in at the 'deepend' (which by the sounds of it didn't work out for him) hasn't damaged the lads confidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just hope that throwing KAG in at the 'deepend' (which by the sounds of it didn't work out for him) hasn't damaged the lads confidence.

Yep, think he could do with a loan out to League 2 or 1 and see how he progresses.
  • Options
    Loved his hold up play ahead of the 2nd goal, he was either going to create something from that moment or he was going to get thrown off the ball and so win a free-kick.

Even more so though I loved the little dink of a header from Gudmundsson (?) to Watt allowing him to set up Fox (Great team goal when you think about it cos you also had Solly there as a decoy)
  • Options

Yep, think he could do with a loan out to League 2 or 1 and see how he progresses.
    Not a bad idea, but with Igors problems and TW not 100% fit we may still need KAG (on the bench at least)....of course there is also Reza. Unless we bring in another striker I can't see KAG going anywhere soon.
  • Options
    KAG over Reza everytime
  • Options

KAG over Reza everytime

Mate, Reza can still do a job for us.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

KAG over Reza everytime

Needs to show more than he did first half versus QPR. Would like to see a half at least of Reza again to make a decision. Reza was far more effective when he started out than KAG in what was, admittedly, only 45 mins on Saturday.
  • Options
    KAG was the youngest forward who started in the championship on Saturday.
    not being 18 till next month. It would be better if he came on us a sub, like he did at Fulham last season, to build him up and give minutes for his development. He had a good pre season but it's a big step up for a young forward. Let's see how he gets on tomorrow

Does Reza want to be here now ? If he does i have no problem with him having 35 minutes against the daggers to Reza Reck his CAFC Career.
  • Options
    I think I saw the same as most others.
    He started off slowly and got better as the game progressed. Especially when Watt came on.
    It was a decent debut, so I'm hopeful.
    I thought his defending was better than his attacking.
    He headed clear a number of corners with fine leaps.
    But at the other end, he rarely jumped at all and lost more headers than he won.
    It's not uncommon for tall blokes to not jump much.
    I'm not sure if it's that they don't think they need to or that they're not "natural athletes".
  • Options
    If it's true about his 10 in he's he won't only be a handful for defender's