Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Makienok

Comments

• Options

I like him. We have never had many mad looking bastards playing for Charlton, obviously Killer was one, Sweaty Balmer maybe? but it's exactly what we need...

Add George Costa to the list?
  • Options
    Not sure we are going to see too many goals which may be a problem if they don't come from elsewhere, but certainly can't fault his effort or application.

Definitely worth giving time to.
  • Options

Not sure we are going to see too many goals which may be a problem if they don't come from elsewhere, but certainly can't fault his effort or application.

His physicality and ability to "deal" with defenders will hopefully increase the goals elsewhere in the team though.

I never saw Yann as an out and out goal scoring striker, he was pretty good - especially with free kicks and his head - but I felt one of his greatest assets was his link up and flick ons...

Then again, I was seemingly Tucudeans biggest fan so what do I know?! ;)
  • Options
    Like him a lot, many teams are gonna hate playing against him
  • Options

Agree, got to give him time. But today I definitely fault him for his effort and application. I was sitting near the back of the West Stand upper and fairly central. I had a good view of the forward diagonal runs he should have made but didn't in both halves. Also the flick on headers he should have made but didn't because of mis-timing his jump. For some reason I was expecting a poor mans Deigo Costa. So maybe it is my expectation that is at fault. But, there was one incident deep into the second half where we had a throw in about 10 yards from the by-line in front of the East Stand. We also had a player on the ground so there was a slight delay in play. Now I cannot believe that with his height that whenever we have a throw in in that position we will not have a number of set plays involving him taking up a position at the corner of the 6 yard box. So I was slightly surprised to see him strolling over to the bench to get a drink. The delay was shorter than expected and Charlton were ready to take the throw. I was expecting him to sprint to take up his position but he just strolled back and wasn't even in the penalty area when the throw was taken.

But, as somebody has already pointed out I know next to nothing about football. So best just ignore my comments.
  • Options
    Liked the way he put in a lot of defensive headers and blocks when needed. A grafter.
  • Options
    Think he's going to be one of those players that divide opinions. That's certainly the case after today's game. For the record I liked him, must be horrible to play against.
  • Options
    A Brøndby supporting friend of mine rates him extremely highly, very strong in the air and a fantastic foil and able to bring other players into attack. His goal scoring record was also very good at Brøndby and I expect a good ten-fifteen goals from him this season.
  • Options
    If your 6ft 7in your going to divide opinion,
    Seeing the negative today is sad, i thought he worked very hard.
    Igor could learn from his work rate.
    Would be great if we could get him to his Bronby form, but that will take time.
    The usual suspects have put him down after 1 match ?
    But pleased that the majority saw the good things he did. In defense as well as attack. He will improve.
  • Options
    It will be Makienok plus A.N.Other up front this year. He is the hold up player and aerial foil that will provide chances for Watt and /or Igor as well as chipping in with a few of his own.

Having him in the team creates a better strike pair than Watt and Igor IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If your 6ft 7in your going to divide opinion,
    Seeing the negative today is sad, i thought he worked very hard.
    Igor could learn from his work rate.
    Would be great if we could get him to his Bronby form, but that will take time.
    The usual suspects have put him down after 1 match ?
    But pleased that the majority saw the good things he did. In defense as well as attack. He will improve.

This is a pretty fair assessment I'd say. I still have high hopes for SM.

• Options
    I thought for his size he lacked strength and got muscled off the ball a few times, I may be wrong but just my opinion
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Is he like leaburn in terms of his role? He'll get some stick then no matter what he brings

If he becomes as much of a cult hero as Leeeaburn, then he'll be doing alright!
  • Options

The step over for Watts goal was class

Absolutely . Seems some people shut their eyes at that exact moment though.
  • Options
    It's always a danger to start playing too direct with such a tall centre forward. But it sounds like we played some great football today, which bodes well. He will provide a constant distraction for defenders and will, over the course of the game, wear them down, creating gaps for the likes of Watt and Vetokele
  • Options
    First game in a new league. Match fitness and all that he is getting used to the style of the English game give him a run of games he will come good. He could become the Duncan Ferguson of Charlton. He should shave his hair though and start ruffing up a few players. If your 6'7 you have to use it to your advantage. Bully the opposition. Give there defenders few elbows in the ribs
  • Options
    Was that his twin brother the sub QPR brought on in the last few mins , he was a unit as well
    Thought he was better defensively in the air than he was attacking wise and had a reasonable first game

but if the original Igor ever returns to us , I'd much prefer to have him and TWWW starting and using the big man off the bench as a plan B
  • Options
    Was involved in much of what was good. Right pain in backside for opponents. Lovely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He did "ok" today, certainly much better when Watt came on. Of course a target man brings more to the table than just goals but I don't remember him threatening even once. Question is, have we got enough goals in the rest of the team to cover a non-scoring striker? Winning today would seem to suggest we do, but in the longer term, and based solely on first impressions, I see this putting a big strain on Watt to score the goals.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

He did "ok" today, certainly much better when Watt came on. Of course a target man brings more to the table than just goals but I don't remember him threatening even once. Question is, have we got enough goals in the rest of the team to cover a non-scoring striker? Winning today would seem to suggest we do, but in the longer term, and based solely on first impressions, I see this putting a big strain on Watt to score the goals.

Not going to score 20 goals but I rekon he'll chip in with 10 plus.

• Options
    A great display, did all the horrible things well, what we have here is a box to box forward! Whatever plonker on here said he looked tired towards the end that's why FFS!
  • Options
    He will do even better when the other forward (Ahearne Grant or Tony Watt) gets in the right position for his knock ons - they are clearly not yet reading him very well.
  • Options

Bauer had a free header from a corner as three of their players were watching and followed big Mak, he'll cause the opposition all sorts of problems this year and is the kind of player we lacked last year. It's a Yes from me!

Agree. His defending from their dangerous corners was also outstanding. Unglamorous but highly effective
  • Options
    Really like the look of him. He covered a lot of ground yesterday. He drops deep to come and win the ball, holds it up well, flick ons to the runners. Remind you of anyone?
  • Options
    buckshee if you think he was pony just think of other we had in the past like p abbot my be you should stay in doors and cut the grass