Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Makienok

Thought this guy had a great game today but many around me saw really differently. This guy is never going to score a bucket load of goals but his movement and work rate create so much space for JBG, Watt and JC to do there stuff. Lets not just judge this guy on goals per game because I think this guy is going to be a real asset to us in other ways.

Comments

• Options
    He is a massive asset to the team. He is the player who can receive balls in the air, something we had absolutely nothing of last season. To be honest he doesn't need to be the world's greatest player, he just needs to receive the ball, and then distribute it to players who can do something with it. He did that very well today in my opinion.
  • Options
    Is he like leaburn in terms of his role? He'll get some stick then no matter what he brings
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I like him. We have never had many mad looking bastards playing for Charlton, obviously Killer was one, Sweaty Balmer maybe? but it's exactly what we need...
  • Options
    Didn't link up well with KAG in the first half, but showed glimpses of brilliance with his link up play with Watt. Get these two playing together week in week out and it could be genius.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Some fantastic hold up play, bringing others into the game. Won his fair share of headers and knock downs up front and virtually everything coming his way when defending.

Caused all sorts of problems for the two central defenders, despite Hill trying to bash him all over the park and the dummy leading to the first goal showed he has some real skills.

I like him already.

And some clever layoffs
  • Options
    Wasn't impressed in the first half, but thought he really came on a bundle with Watt next him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw a QPR defender give him an elbow in the face, he just got up & got on with the game. He can take it as well as dish it out.
  • Options
    He is a revenger after all, you have to love a bit of Thor! Bit cumbersome and bad hair, but he looks up for it, I wouldn't want to mark him, and I liked his link up play with ole ole when he came on! Those two plus igor will be a handful. I said after 20 mins that I wasn't dis pleased, said it again after 50 odd mins, then bam poor old stripey blue hoopy dickheads were out of the game! Outstanding. Well done Charlton very pleased.
  • Options
    Fantastic defensively. Won every header from QPR's (numerous) corners.

A 'water carrying" striker who will let Watt/Igor get the glory for scoring the goals.

No Championship defender is going to look forward to playing against him...
  • Options
    A real asset defensively as well, as teams chase games and throw long balls into our penalty area he'll be there to help out...
  • Options
    quite Leaburnesue in attack but also very useful in defence, as others have said he will unsettle defences and create space for others
  • Options

I like him. We have never had many mad looking bastards playing for Charlton, obviously Killer was one, Sweaty Balmer maybe? but it's exactly what we need...

Steve Thompson another
  • Options
    Give the lad a chance to settle and he will be fine.

Agree he will not be our top scorer, but he is head and shoulders above Church et al we had recently.
  • Options
    Caught out by the speed of the Championship in the first half. Once he picks up the pace and gets his fittest up to cope with the new demands on his body, he will be a handful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't understand why people are saying he won't score many.

He scored plenty for Brondby.

And I do think a striker has to score goals. Not 25 a season but more than 3 in a 150 games.
  • Options

The Embalmer, quality
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

Thought this guy had a great game today but many around me saw really differently. This guy is never going to score a bucket load of goals but his movement and work rate create so much space for JBG, Watt and JC to do there stuff. Lets not just judge this guy on goals per game because I think this guy is going to be a real asset to us in other ways.

Agree entirely. Ain't gonna score many but will bring much more to the team. Put in a real shift today, great step over for Watt's goal and a real nuisance. Will only get better. An asset defensively too.
  • Options
    Quite first half but second half played well and bashed their back 2 about with his strength .
  • Options
    Put in a cracking shift.
    The partnership with Kag didn't get going, but the balls to them weren't great in 1st half. The longer the game went on the better he got.
    Sublime dummy for the goal. Will get better but decent debut.
  • Options
    Pony