Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2015

Comments

• Ok I'll whisper as outside of the club it seems to have passed a few (including the bookies) by!
  • Ok I'll whisper as outside of the club it seems to have passed a few (including the bookies) by!

We are moving up the rankings. Were second faves for relegation on Saturday morning. Now 5th or 6th.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation
  • Lots of good stuff to watch on Player including extended highlights, GoPro footage and interviews from Luzon, Fox and Pope.

That'll keep me busy for the next 30 minutes. :-)
  • Makienok showing exactly what he's all about for the second goal. Great strength, control and awareness to get the ball out of a tight spot and help switch the play.

Lovely little dummy for the first as well.
  • Just read through the whole thread today. It's so good to know that all the new signings played well. Also very pleased for Nick Pope who seemed to have done very well, too. I saw the two saves from the highlights video and I think he must have played an important part in us winning the game. I have to say I wasn't very confident before the game but having read through this thread now I feel very optimistic about our new season. It's really bad that there won't be a single Charlton game live on TV in the first three months - let's do our best and prove the TV people wrong, just like we've done almost every year concerning the bookies.

It's worth mentioning Pope comfortably caught a few crosses and made a solid punch. He didn't make any sort of mistake. Appears to be a keeper where confidence is the biggest issue, I'm sure this will help tremendously.
  • Enjoyed that Len.
    But was it not a tad upbeat for Viewfinder ?
  • Enjoyed that Len.
    But was it not a tad upbeat for Viewfinder ?

P'raps.

He did have a moan about the beer though.

He should also have mentioned Solly and Mackie confronting each other like a pair of bantam cocks over by the dugouts.
  • sm said:

Very impressed by Kish Mk 2 - the attempted shot into the North Upper near the end just added to the nostalgia.

Still better than Austin's effort that went out for a throw-in lol. "Premiership, you're having a laugh" :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I can see us going with the three midfield enforcers of Ba Kashi and Cousins when away from home with JBG roaming in front of them. Big Mak as centre forward and Watt/igor making runs off him!

At home I think one of Cousins/Ba will miss out (Guy likes to rotate so they'll both get plenty of games) to make room for Bergdich/Ceballos on the left!
  • That's my boy !
  • It's absolutely glorious to watch us score like that. At the end of a sweeping move, Tony Watt deceives the defender, advances three paces and hammers it hard and low - the ex-England keeper knew later that one grasping hand was never enough.

Fox's shot was also superb - from outside the box he rifled it low to the far corner: so true that Green didn't move. Seminal for Fox - and ecstatic for us.

I was happily astonished by QPR's pedestrian moves, lazy crosses, and limp attacks. Who, exactly, is this team fresh from the Prem with an England striker? There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't play this way from now until May. Forty-five games to go - then promotion.

Really? I thought we were awful and that QPR should have won 5-0.
  • It's absolutely glorious to watch us score like that. At the end of a sweeping move, Tony Watt deceives the defender, advances three paces and hammers it hard and low - the ex-England keeper knew later that one grasping hand was never enough.

Fox's shot was also superb - from outside the box he rifled it low to the far corner: so true that Green didn't move. Seminal for Fox - and ecstatic for us.

I was happily astonished by QPR's pedestrian moves, lazy crosses, and limp attacks. Who, exactly, is this team fresh from the Prem with an England striker? There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't play this way from now until May. Forty-five games to go - then promotion.

I disagree.

It was cack.

We screwed up at least 4 throw-ins.
  • I thought Ba shaded Kashi myself but midfield more solid than for ages and difficult to see where Cousins will fit as he had a quiet game wide. Bauer looks a steal and Sarr will have to be good to oust Diarra. Big Mac slightly better than Igor in the air but only when latter troubled by his achilles. Fox done for pace once but some quality 1 on 1 tackles. Pope very solid. Others usual games.

Edit. Realise now I got my numbers mixed up due to guy next to me. It was number 3 Kashi who impressed.

This explains a lot. You get your player numbers mixed up. It all makes sense now.
    Anyway bring back Connor Gough :smile:
  • I thought Ba shaded Kashi myself but midfield more solid than for ages and difficult to see where Cousins will fit as he had a quiet game wide. Bauer looks a steal and Sarr will have to be good to oust Diarra. Big Mac slightly better than Igor in the air but only when latter troubled by his achilles. Fox done for pace once but some quality 1 on 1 tackles. Pope very solid. Others usual games.

Edit. Realise now I got my numbers mixed up due to guy next to me. It was number 3 Kashi who impressed.

This explains a lot. You get your player numbers mixed up. It all makes sense now.
    Anyway bring back Connor Gough :smile:
    Sod it. I think I might have been getting Connor Gough mixed up with Joe Hart!
  • Just watched the 10 min highlights on Player and I listened to the game... Kashi is quality... Makienok can definitely offer us something different and I think he might surprise us with a few goals as well, he and Watt linked well ( Watt clapping and thumbs up as Big Mak almost put him in)... Watt is a bit of nutter in a good way... love it ... more great stuff to come from him this season I am sure... Diarra looks solid if a bit gangly.... Bauer is heavily German, in a good way... Pope was good but an under current of nervousness, didn't affect his game this time round but I fear he is just a touch too early ... a few clean sheets and a few wins and he make shake that though... Great for Fox, Solly usual solid stuff... erm... Overall a very good and solid start...

I have an intuition... we have a great start and SKY makes some changes... or we can at least get some streams to watch the boys in red... here's hoping...

Come on you ADDICKS!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Wasn't at the game and have no opinion beyond being pleased we won.

Well done to the QPR fans before the game.

What did the QPR fans do?

Great result, reckon we'll go up Champions meself
    This was getting some attention during the afternoon and then appeared here.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68614/qprs-toothless-pre-match-walkabout#latest

I was being sarcastic but 'some' have got a bit precious about my comment.

Rubbish.

Especially because you wrote your comment well before AFKA started that thread. Indeed your comment has no relationship, sarcastic or otherwise to what AFKA posted.
    When you say 'some' getting 'precious' you are presumably referring to me, but of course with your hit and run tactics you can't address things to me directly, and now you are pathetically attempting to wriggle.
    Read the thread back if you have the capacity, it will clearly show that your latest attempt at equivocation is basically a fail.
    What you wrote was a clear snide dig aimed at me, simple as that, but you can't admit to it.
    It would be more honest of you if you wrote 'I think Seth Plum is a c*nt, FACT' but your online persona doesn't allow for it.
    Precious my arse.
    It's sad to hear about the behaviour of qpr pre game.
    Nothing written on the forum read as a dig at Seth. Please try not to be so willingly offended all the time and try to think about the language you employ.

If anything similar happens again, report it to the relevant authorities. Hopefully you are ok and no lasting damage was done.
  • Even with your expert coaching, Henry Irving, we failed last season. And the season before. And the season before that. You revel in a mid-table dullness. Every single club from Cray Wanderers to Crystal Palace has an academy with superb young players.

Ipswich have them too, and Blackburn. Wolves, Bolton. Even Brighton. At half time we in the Covered End look at each other and wonder - have we actually had an accurate shot on goal? Five seasons ago, Bournemouth were on the verge of playing Hyde United and Stalybridge Celtic.

And you - Henry Irving - are a better player than Joe Piggott

• Even with your expert coaching, Henry Irving, we failed last season. And the season before. And the season before that. You revel in a mid-table dullness. Every single club from Cray Wanderers to Crystal Palace has an academy with superb young players.

Ipswich have them too, and Blackburn. Wolves, Bolton. Even Brighton. At half time we in the Covered End look at each other and wonder - have we actually had an accurate shot on goal? Five seasons ago, Bournemouth were on the verge of playing Hyde United and Stalybridge Celtic.

And you - Henry Irving - think Joe Piggott is a better player than Yann Kermorgant.

Which World Class players have come from Cray Wanderers then you muppet?
  • You really do need to find either another hobby or another club it really seems to take away the enjoyment that football should bring
  • Good to have you back @Viewfinder

I was worried that you were going soft after your previous posts!!
  • Viewfinder, I am not having a pop at you but you do post a lorry load of shit. Your knowledge of Football could be written on the back of a postage stamp.