Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2015

Comments

• Pope did 2, what I would say, were top class punches too.
  • edited August 2015

I don't care if he took a dump in Luzons toilet Robbie Savage style. He is too good to fall out with - give him his own personal shitter with a gold rimmed seat and Millwall bog roll I say.

Perhaps the club shop should get in some of that spanner loo roll.
  • I think that situation worked - given the heat and the ability to bring on a fresh Watt.
  • edited August 2015
    Echo a lot of what's been said already. Very encouraging start. Some understandable shaky moments but this looks like a far better group than we've had for a while. Terrible first half hour where I thought we had turned into a hoofball team interspersed with some good moments but excellent second half and a thoroughly deserved win. Will save individual comments for the player marks section but particular mentions to Makienok, kashi and bergdych of the newbies and Fox, JBG and Pope of the "old" lads.

Let's not get too carried away. QPR were crap. But this wasn't a smash and grab backs to the wall win like many at the start of last season when I came away thinking "great, but how the hell did we just win that?" It was a solid, controlled performance where we got the goals just at the right time.

Worries? Not many. But we obviously need another striker as KAG isn't up to it yet, TWWW has a fall out with Luzon in his locker/doesn't look like he could do 90 mins and the Igor situation is clearly a problem.

Edit - mean to say, we've developed a nasty side. Took no prisoners today and Solly in particular set out to get Mackie sent off. So long as we stay in the right side if this it's a good thing.

Very good atmosphere. Very loud by us (west upper home end). Nice new kit (TWWW's shorts are big enough for two). Crap mascots. Oh and somebody fly-tipped a sofa in the NW corner.

Happy days.
  • After a difficult opening where QPR bossed the territory and pocession, we came back into it well and were worthy winners, most of the rangers fans on the way home didnt complain either.

Well done lads, great result.

Thought they dived about a bit too much and easily fell over.
  • Great result, we looked good all over the pitch, shouldn't get carried away, but what the hell........
  • brogib said:

PL54 said:

Wasn't at the game and have no opinion beyond being pleased we won.

Well done to the QPR fans before the game.

What did the QPR fans do?

Great result, reckon we'll go up Champions meself
    This was getting some attention during the afternoon and then appeared here.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68614/qprs-toothless-pre-match-walkabout#latest

I was being sarcastic but 'some' have got a bit precious about my comment.

• 'early doors' (lol) ... BUT ... Having read the player marks and read most of these posts it seems we have got a new team to be reckoned with .. a team with skill, organisation and that little bit of aggression and 'edge' that is so vital in the modern game .. I am sooooo looking forward to the East Midlands road show over the next ten days .. Derby & Forest .. HERE WE COME !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Two very tough games
  • edited August 2015

Two very tough games

agreed .. I'd be happy with two points .. a lot will depend on Luzon's strategy for 'tough' away games .. yesterday's win will have filled the Valley with confidence and I would hope that this will reflect in our away performances, especially as nowadays I am almost exclusively 'an away day fan' ((:>) .. whatever, as always win lose or draw I'll enjoy it, specially the wins .. cliché time .. EVERY Championship game this season will be a tough one and all the more enjoyable for that fact
  • PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68614/qprs-toothless-pre-match-walkabout#latest

Rubbish.

Especially because you wrote your comment well before AFKA started that thread. Indeed your comment has no relationship, sarcastic or otherwise to what AFKA posted.
    When you say 'some' getting 'precious' you are presumably referring to me, but of course with your hit and run tactics you can't address things to me directly, and now you are pathetically attempting to wriggle.
    Read the thread back if you have the capacity, it will clearly show that your latest attempt at equivocation is basically a fail.
    What you wrote was a clear snide dig aimed at me, simple as that, but you can't admit to it.
    It would be more honest of you if you wrote 'I think Seth Plum is a c*nt, FACT' but your online persona doesn't allow for it.
    Precious my arse.
  • seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Rubbish.

Especially because you wrote your comment well before AFKA started that thread. Indeed your comment has no relationship, sarcastic or otherwise to what AFKA posted.
    When you say 'some' getting 'precious' you are presumably referring to me, but of course with your hit and run tactics you can't address things to me directly, and now you are pathetically attempting to wriggle.
    Read the thread back if you have the capacity, it will clearly show that your latest attempt at equivocation is basically a fail.
    What you wrote was a clear snide dig aimed at me, simple as that, but you can't admit to it.
    It would be more honest of you if you wrote 'I think Seth Plum is a c*nt, FACT' but your online persona doesn't allow for it.
    Precious my arse.
    I thought he was being ironic when I first read it tbh.

• seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Rubbish.

Precious my arse.

That might have been true if he had written it after AFKA started his thread.
    It wasn't.
  • Nice goal, but not as nice as that Kathryn!!
    With that Twitter handle I'll be going to find that video personally....
  • Even first half were we gave them to much respect. Second half we were on them straight away and much the better team.
    There were no negatives. From the manager through to the new players.

Pope and Fox well done wont silence the slagger offers tho.
  • Steady start to the season against a poor QPR team. The new boys had games from Excellent (Kashi) to ok (Ba).

Watt was fantastic in the 2nd half and is exactly what we will need this season if we are going to cause any damage in the last third of the pitch.

Good to see Pope having a bit more belief in his own game. An excellent save first half and commending in the second. If pope had done what Green did for the first goal, he would have been lambasted on here and other forums.

Few changes I would presume for Tuesday night and then go again for a proper test away at Derby. Looking forward to both games.
  • edited August 2015
    seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Rubbish.

Precious my arse.
    Blinkin' flip.

Have a paracetamol.

And amazing as it sounds, the QPR shenanigans had been 'reported' before the thread started on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• We were a new team so first half was as expected. QPR edged it but didn't really threaten. Second half we had the quality, should have had a pen and hit the bar too. I think QPR may find it wasn't such a bad result as the team of nobodies that beat them might just be one of the better teams in the league!
  • PL54 said:

seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Rubbish.

Precious my arse.
    Blinkin' flip.

Have a paracetamol.

And amazing as it sounds, the QPR shenanigans had been 'reported' before the thread started on here.
    Really? Where?

The truth is I reported an unpleasant encounter with QPR fans before the game.
    You wrote you hadn't attended, but anyway well-done to the QPR fans before the game.
    This morning you invoked AFKA's thread in order to justify your remark, not any report of QPR fans behaviour from anywhere else.
    Tell you what. Let's drop this now, and perhaps you could find the good grace to completely ignore, and completely avoid alluding to, anything I write on here from now on.
  • Even first half were we gave them to much respect. Second half we were on them straight away and much the better team.
    There were no negatives. From the manager through to the new players.

Pope and Fox well done wont silence the slagger offers tho.

Humble pie for me. Both did extremely well.

• seth plum said:

PL54 said:

seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Rubbish.

Precious my arse.
    Blinkin' flip.

Have a paracetamol.

Really? Where?

The truth is I reported an unpleasant encounter with QPR fans before the game.
    You wrote you hadn't attended, but anyway well-done to the QPR fans before the game.
    This morning you invoked AFKA's thread in order to justify your remark, not any report of QPR fans behaviour from anywhere else.
    Tell you what. Let's drop this now, and perhaps you could find the good grace to completely ignore, and completely avoid alluding to, anything I write on here from now on.
    Seth, no point asking a troll to ignore you because he is a troll. That's how he gets his kicks.

Better you ignore trolls. That will wind them up and annoy them more that anything else you can do or say.
  • edited August 2015

seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Rubbish.

Precious my arse.

Agreed I thought he was having a dig at the QPR fans not at Seth when I read it. That's the problem with the written word you dont get to hear the applied tone.
  • Greenie said:

seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Rubbish.

Precious my arse.

Agreed I thought he was having a dig at the QPR fans not at Seth when I read it.
    That may well be the case if PL54 could indicate how he knew about QPR fans behaviour before I mentioned it, because his remark was before the AFKA thread, not after it, which he uses to justify what he wrote. PL54 says he wasn't there.
    Sheesh, I really should let this one go, but praising the QPR fans for having a go at me has been just a little bit too up close and personal.
  • edited August 2015
    Greenie said:

seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Rubbish.

Precious my arse.

Agreed I thought he was having a dig at the QPR fans not at Seth when I read it. That's the problem with the written word you dont get to hear the applied tone.
    Agreed also... chillax Seth..
  • Green should have saved the first and could have been expected to save the shot for the second goal .. for all his experience and recall to the England team, he's still a very dodgy keeper .. but thanks Greenie, all help is gratefully accepted
  • seth plum said:

Greenie said:

seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Rubbish.

Precious my arse.

Agreed I thought he was having a dig at the QPR fans not at Seth when I read it.
    That may well be the case if PL54 could indicate how he knew about QPR fans behaviour before I mentioned it, because his remark was before the AFKA thread, not after it, which he uses to justify what he wrote. PL54 says he wasn't there.
    Sheesh, I really should let this one go, but praising the QPR fans for having a go at me has been just a little bit too up close and personal.
    Ok mate, I understand how it's peed you off but as I said in my edited post you don't get implied tone in a post