Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2015

Great to get the season off to a winning start.

Comments

• Sounds like we were even matched sides up until half-time. The introduction of Tony Watt was the game changer by the sounds of things.

Brilliant performance by the defence to keep Charlie Austin, Jamie Mackie and Matt Phillips quiet.

They were a side made up mostly of Premier League quality players, and it sounds like we beat them convincingly by the end of it.

Gutted I couldn't make it but excited to hear from those that were at the game.
    Optimistic :)
  • Listened in on player, we sounded like we handled them pretty comfortably. A Happy day for the club and supporters. I'll be over in a couple of weeks to catch a game. Hoping for more of the same. Well done Charlton.
  • Why GL kept Watt until the second half, but who cares, he knows what he doing
  • Fantastic start, Charlie Austin who?

First Saturday of the Championship season comes to a close and we are second, get in!

Well done you Mighty Addicks!
  • Great start - well done the lads.

Thanks for the commentary Red
  • To those there, how did Fox and Popey (as well as the new signings) get on?

Optimistic after today's good result but let's hammer it home and really have a marker laid down by the end of the month.
  • Fantastic start, Charlie Austin who?

First Saturday of the Championship season comes to a close and we are second, get in!

Well done you Mighty Addicks!

Don't want to go top too soon ;-)

• Just taken a break from heavy drinking in Zante to read through the match thread, absolutely buzzing, perfect hangover cure!!

Liking the sound of the new recruits and can't wait to see them in action!

COYR!!
  • Sponsored links:

• One game does not make a man, however it does help. Great game everyone did play well. Just hope we can continue the tempo and quality.
  • ross1 said:

Why GL kept Watt until the second half, but who cares, he knows what he doing

It was a cunning plan to lull them into a false sense of security!
  • Watched Foxy's goal on Periscope and I must say I was pleasantly shocked, looked like a lovely strike from the left footed wizard. Couldn't think of a better way to start the season. Be interested to see why KAG started over Watt but by all accounts bringing in Watt at the half was the game changer so I won't argue with Luzon. Great result and excited for what's to come!!
  • Absolutely brilliant. Impressive all round. Big well done to Nick Pope, well deserved clean sheet.
  • Well done to Luzon and the team, important clean sheet for Popey and the new boys at the back, and Watt will be taking the pressure off the other strikers popping up as quick as that.. Very impressive result.
  • Sounds like we were even matched sides up until half-time. The introduction of Tony Watt was the game changer by the sounds of things.

Brilliant performance by the defence to keep Charlie Austin, Jamie Mackie and Matt Phillips quiet.

They were a side made up mostly of Premier League quality players, and it sounds like we beat them convincingly by the end of it.

Gutted I couldn't make it but excited to hear from those that were at the game.
    Optimistic :)

Don't agree that Watt was the game changer, just that the whole team upped their game. Don't agree they were a team of Premier League quality players otherwise they would still be in the PL.

• Rossman92 said:

Watched Foxy's goal on Periscope and I must say I was pleasantly shocked, looked like a lovely strike from the left footed wizard. Couldn't think of a better way to start the season. Be interested to see why KAG started over Watt but by all accounts bringing in Watt at the half was the game changer so I won't argue with Luzon. Great result and excited for what's to come!!

Any chance of a link?
  • Sponsored links:

• What sort of player is Kashi then? More box to box than advertised?
  • Bauer and Diarra were also very good. Be hard to see Sarr dislodging either of them.
  • Rossman92 said:

Watched Foxy's goal on Periscope and I must say I was pleasantly shocked, looked like a lovely strike from the left footed wizard. Couldn't think of a better way to start the season. Be interested to see why KAG started over Watt but by all accounts bringing in Watt at the half was the game changer so I won't argue with Luzon. Great result and excited for what's to come!!

Any chance of a link?
    Wasn't the full game, a guy I follow on Twitter was doing live updates and happened to do one during Fox's goal. @thestevecook is his username for both Twitter and Periscope
  • Busy at work in the hospital and didn't get to check scoreline until after the game ended. So chuffed we're off to a flyer. Watt is the man. Really pleased he's got his boots on and hoping he's going to do something special this year. The new Fox in the box deserve's a bottle of something fizzy tonight.

So looking forward to Derby now. Oh and Dagger's.

Bought my daughter the new shirt this week for her birthday. May need to buy myself one now ;)

Luuuzon, Luuuzon, Luuuzon.....