Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2015

14567810»

Comments

• I'd love us to have a tall striker who actually wins the ball - like John Pearson - nodding it down for Paul Williams.

Makinock is six-feet-seven, yet looks small. He's on the way down - literally and metaphorically. The two balls he actually won on Saturday went straight to the QPR defence.

The balls at his feet were stumbled. Why do we buy a player who failed completely in Sicily - then pitches up at The Valley with a Robin tattooed on his arse?

We need intelligent strikers.

There he is
  • edited August 2015

You really do need to find either another hobby or another club it really seems to take away the enjoyment that football should bring

That's a fantastic long sentence. It's full of insult and bile - and no punctuation.

As for the intelligence - Well, Eamon Dunphy had it spot-on when he was faced with moving from Millwall to Charlton in 1973:

"They are weak."

And we still are - no bottle whatsoever. The latest in the long sad litany was George Tucudean muffing an open goal at The Valley in the ninetieth minute.

Every single club from Thamesmead Town to Manchester City has a community programme, an academy, a day when the Upbeats rush around, a 'craft' burger bar, a half-price season ticket for one-legged lesbian jazz bands in Plumstead.

It always amuses me that when Jordan Cousins makes a sideways pass, ten thousand people applaud. It's his job, for heaven's sake! As is Tony Watt's - to get forward. When I hire Leslie the Plumber to change the tap I don't expect the whole stadium to swoon, wet their knickers and kneel in the face of God.

I can see it happening again this season: we win two games and are puffed out. I've watched us in pre-season: We are a rag-bag of crocked pros, willing youths, and hopeful itinerants pitched up from Borehamwood. This is not a proper team.

Dunphy is right. Don't you think it's peculiar that we finished in the top half of the table last season, yet the bookies have us second-favourites for relegation?

• Why would a one-legged lesbian jazz band from Plumstead want a half-price season ticket for Man City?
  • IA said:

Why would a one-legged lesbian jazz band from Plumstead want a half-price season ticket for Man City?

Cos they only take up half a seat each?
  • You really do need to find either another hobby or another club it really seems to take away the enjoyment that football should bring

That's a fantastic long sentence. It's full of insult and bile - and no punctuation.

As for the intelligence - Well, Eamon Dunphy had it spot-on when he was faced with moving from Millwall to Charlton in 1973:

"They are weak."

And we still are - no bottle whatsoever. The latest in the long sad litany was George Tucudean muffing an open goal at The Valley in the ninetieth minute.

Every single club from Thamesmead Town to Manchester City has a community programme, an academy, a day when the Upbeats rush around, a 'craft' burger bar, a half-price season ticket for one-legged lesbian jazz bands in Plumstead.

It always amuses me that when Jordan Cousins makes a sideways pass, ten thousand people applaud. It's his job, for heaven's sake! As is Tony Watt's - to get forward. When I hire Leslie the Plumber to change the tap I don't expect the whole stadium to swoon, wet their knickers and kneel in the face of God.

I can see it happening again this season: we win two games and are puffed out. I've watched us in pre-season: We are a rag-bag of crocked pros, willing youths, and hopeful itinerants pitched up from Borehamwood. This is not a proper team.

Dunphy is right. Don't you think it's peculiar that we finished in the top half of the table last season, yet the bookies have us second-favourites for relegation?

I know that you got a good reaction last time you opted to make some bizarre reference to the disabled but you've really got to change it up to keep this stuff fresh. To paraphrase you, you can't expect us to swoon if you're going to just rehash the same stuff every week. If you're taking requests - and you should be - I would recommend you make some reference to aliens in your next nonsense post. Or sheep. Whichever.
  • Viewfinder
    Your posts used to have an air of eccentricity about them that although, at times amused, could also allow for some half decent ripostes and comebacks.

Now they just reek of nothing but attention seeking diatribe.

Jumped the shark, mate.
  • I like ViewFinder's posts... Impressive amount of nibbles every time
  • edited August 2015
  • How is Viewfinder complaining about Saturday? We were excellent
  • Sponsored links:

• Can people please stop taking Viewfinder seriously?!
  • IA said:

Why would a one-legged lesbian jazz band from Plumstead want a half-price season ticket for Man City?

Because they're not allowed to yodel in The Valley.
  • I don't mind Viewfinder, he is clearly a troll but he puts a lot more work into it then most trolls, even makes me laugh on occasion.
  • IA said:

Because they're not allowed to yodel in The Valley.
    Fair point, but if every club from Thamesmead Town to Manchester City has such an offer, would they not be better off going to Aston Villa or Orient or something. Manchester seems a long way away from Plumstead.
  • What on earth is that contraption SilentAddick?!
  • IA said:

You're all missing the most important question:
    Does this band have one leg between them or one leg each?
  • And what is lesbian jazz?
  • He's mad. He's mad. He's madder than mad Jack McMad, winner of last years Mr. mad competition
  • What on earth is that contraption SilentAddick?!
    A viewfinder!