Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2015

Comments

• Really encouraging performance - loved how they improved as a team during the game, when often with Charlton it goes in the other direction.

Special mention for the referee who did nothing to protect JBG who was clearly being targeted and suffered a series of dreadful tackles.
  • We have just outplayed, on paper, the best team in the league I believe. Only the first game but that sort of performance is something to be excited about. Could be in for a suprising season.
  • Ole Ole Ole Ole sexual mon mon mon ster
  • Sponsored links:

• Very impressed by that performance. All the new signings did well.

If we continue like that then we'll be having a very good season
  • Brilliant, just brilliant. Watt was the key which was obvious but all the new signings look like a genuine improvement on the squad.
  • Anyone got the goals off Sky? On holiday and No.1 son is driving me nuts.
  • Brilliant performance all round. Special mention for Bauer and Kashi though, thought they were class. I know it's only the first game but if that's an indication of things to come we're in for an interesting season.
  • Kashi the new Kishishev?
  • edited August 2015
    We could... WE COULD be Play-Off contenders this season based on that performance to do that though we need to do the below:

(1) We need to stay injury free or lose players at the right times, was a bit of a concern with Gudmundsson today as he was being targeted (except for the tired lunge from Konchesky)

(2) We need to be consistent, we won League One because we beat our rivals (i.e. the back2back Sheffield games in January a perfect example)

(3) We need to be consistent, one of our biggest issues is we can beat the big teams but too often we'll struggle against the teams in trouble (Blackpool / Millwall last season... Swindon when we last won Division One etc...)

(4) We need goals all over the pitch... Too often on here, there is too much emphasis on the Strikers alone scoring, when we got relegated from the Premier League we tried to rely on Darren Bent alone, it didnt work

Manage all this, and we'll see what happens

Above all we need luck like when we beat Yeovil on Boxing Day and when Yann scored in the last minute against Bournemouth, on both occasions we were drawing and our rivals were all winning, by the time the full whistle happened we'd won those two matches and all our rivals had suddenly lost
  • I thought Solly was on absolute top form and had a quality game
  • Thought I'd take a look at the QPR forums to see their take on it. Here's an example:

'We just lost 2 0 to a bunch of nobodies who have lost 11 players in the summer and only managed to replace 2 of them.
    Plus 2 of them including the keeper was out injured today.
    It don't get much worse than that mate.'

I'll be very happy to see them relegated this season. But I quite like the fact that we're not fancied by anybody yet.

Anyway, as for us, brilliant! Over to Channel 5 for the new football league show now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought I'd take a look at the QPR forums to see their take on it. Here's an example:

'We just lost 2 0 to a bunch of nobodies who have lost 11 players in the summer and only managed to replace 2 of them.

I'll be very happy to see them relegated this season. But I quite like the fact that we're not fancied by anybody yet.

Anyway, as for us, brilliant! Over to Channel 5 for the new football league show now!

Got a link, please?
  • edited August 2015

Thought I'd take a look at the QPR forums to see their take on it. Here's an example:

Got a link, please?
    Yeah sure: wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?189086-We-re-in-deep-sh%ECt/page3

Quite a few threads along the same lines. And if you thought in-fighting was bad on CL, this lot take the biscuit!
  • Or, if you'd prefer to read something a little more sure-hoofed, I wasn't there (playing cricket), but you-know-who was...
  • I thought we totally controlled the game after the first 15 mins. Every Addick had a decent game, special mention to Kashi I think he is going to be a special player for us this season.
  • seth plum said:

PL54 said:

Wasn't at the game and have no opinion beyond being pleased we won.

Well done to the QPR fans before the game.

Dearie me, your stalkerish behaviour is really getting creepy. In this thread above I mentioned being abused and threatened by QPR fans before the game, and so you write this.
    I have really tried hard to ignore you, and fend you off by pointing out how much of a stalker you are, but it really doesn't work does it?
    All you ever seem to do on this forum is be generally unpleasantly reactive to things others write, you don't seem to have the courage is it, or ability, to ever initiate anything, be it in terms of an idea or an opinion, but you are constantly speedy and eager to put others down, particularly me it seems (cue you calling me paranoid, so you can imagine a fnarr fnarr reaction from those you fantasise about being your admirers, and partners in trolling).
    Luckily, even though I really have to tell myself over and over again not to react to your deeply snide online persona PL54, even you are not going to be able to spoil the good feeling I have following todays win, which you didn't experience yourself.
    Jealousy and sniping from the sidelines seems to be your stock in trade, but it would be so much nicer if you rotated your targets more frequently, because it is really getting rather boring as well as creepy.

I was kinda hoping that wasn't what PL54 was alluding too in his post. Pathetic really if it was.

Sorry to hear you had a tough time before the game mate. I hope it wasn't anything too bad.
  • Quote from that forum "if their keeper hadn't been so good we would have been two up in the first 47 minutes"
  • Quote from that forum "if their keeper hadn't been so good we would have been two up in the first 47 minutes"

Got to take my hat off to Popey, if his performance was as good as it sounds then I have some humble pie to be eating.

That said, I always thought he was good but didn't think he had the confidence and it was catch 22; a deer in headlights isn't going to get confidence. If he can build on today then I have really high hopes for the lad.
  • What is very encouraging is that this team is still very new and needs some time to get to know each other and how Luzon wants them to play and yet there were clear signs that when things start to fall into place we might have a very good team on our hands.

We mustn't kid ourselves that everything was great though. QPR were actually very poor in spirit and effort. We are going to run into teams much grittier than them practically every week. That's how poor they were.

Looks to me that once we hit our stride we are going to be competitive but very good and frustrating in equal measure.

I'm still thinking in terms of 9th - 12th which I think will be a success. I don't see anything to make me think we are playoff material.

• Anyone else see mackie's slap on Solly? Handbags all game!