Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2015

Comments

• Great result Watt changed the game but Kashi is a quality signing.
  • Makienok is not going to be a Striker who'll score goals for us... He'll be a Striker who'll have Defenders wanting to sit off because they wont want to be in a scrap allowing space for our nippy Strikers to get in behind and score whilst allowing the likes of Gudmundsson and Fox to score from range

Must be something to do with strikers named Simon..
  • Lot of reports saying Austin hit the post. Did I fall asleep and miss that?!

Don't remember that either
  • edited August 2015
    Watt changed game.

Back 5 excellent.

Kashi-player.

Makienok did well 2nd half.

and well done to Pope-great ovation he got in 1st half for that save.

and well done Fox.
  • Austin looked like an arrogant twat. He clearly didn't want to be out there and gave off an air that it was all beneath him. Given it is inevitable that he'll be gone I don't understand Ramsey playing him or involving him at all.
  • 'Kin 'ell if seth's happy then so am I! ;-)

Stuck at work today so had to keep nipping into the TV room to check on the score although it was a con who told me we'd got our second. Reading through this has given me a positive glow. Would have been happy with a point before kick off so the win is brilliant. Hats off to Luzon and the players today.

COYA!!!!!!!
  • Couldn't go today but really excited as I followed via Twitter from a mountain in Austria in a thunderstorm!

Big Mak is going to get a reputation as being someone defenders won't want to play - therefore he will create space and cause havoc. The goals will come - I think he'll be a real asset this season

Credit to Luzon - he's got a great attitude and just wants to win.

Maybe just maybe we're going to have an entertaining season
  • Sponsored links:

• Like that post Mr dick
  • Gudmundssen Charlton's best player. All the new signing played well except Mankiof. Thought he was slow and just lazy. I thought KAG did ok. Lively, didn't hide, always showing for the forward pass.

Ridiculous view of Makienok. Ask Clint Hill if he was lazy and whether he has been in a game today?

He did some brilliant defensive work, a lovely dummy in the build up to Watt's goal and for a first game in the Championship I thought he put himself about really well. Good with the ball at his feet and won a fair few headers.
    I was only looking at his impact up front to be honest. Can't recall many headers won in the last third. Plenty of mis-timed jumps. I was disappointed. I hope he improves.
  • Know the Squad was changed because of a Training Ground incident but felt it was actually a good move from Luzon.

First Half: Queens Park Rangers dictated the play and baring one great save from Pope I felt they rarely threatened and as per usual were just another team that looked impressive with the ball yet werent able to create anything, we looked nervous to begin with and there were a couple of misplaced passes (Kashi to behind Fox could have been dangerous)... It meant Charlton were limited to playing the counter attack and having Ahearne-Grant up front meant that we had the pace to create any limited chances (And almost got one on one with Green at one stage only to have the QPR Defender get to the ball just ahead of him).

Second Half: Tony Watt came on and rightly made the difference, scoring a great goal, it meant that when we attacked we could go forward with purpose and wouldnt have to rush, from the goal never felt we were in danger of conceding with their efforts going straight at Pope and had he conceded from them, the abuse he'd have received on here could have been deserved (but he didnt, so to those bashing him, nerrrrr lol!), felt that Solly when in possession was a bit risky with the ball and lost it to Mackie a few times but a great performance from him... Felt that El-Hadji Ba going off meant the end of us possibly getting our third yet despite the ball going out of play I was impressed with the pace of Bergdich when he attacked down the wing at one stage.
  • Wasn't at the game and have no opinion beyond being pleased we won.

Well done to the QPR fans before the game.
  • I know it is early, but where are all the people that said we should bring in championship players instead of all these foreign players
  • Good solid performance to start.

Positives:
    - Pope showed no nerves
    - Diarra and, especially, Bauer looked very assured.
    - Fox capped a good performance with a great goal
    - Kashi showed to all why Luzon was so pleased to get him.
    - Cousins, Solly, Gudmundsson and Watt all picked up where they left off.
    - Big Mak's second half

Negatives:
    - Big Mak's first half
    - Diarra's lack of pace may find him out

Don't want to get too carried away as QPR's second half performance was as bad as anything I saw in the Championship last season.
  • ross1 said:

I know it is early, but where are all the people that said we should bring in championship players instead of all these foreign players

Maybe cracking one out because we won - like I am
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Wasn't at the game and have no opinion beyond being pleased we won.

Well done to the QPR fans before the game.

What did the QPR fans do?

Great result, reckon we'll go up Champions meself
  • Fantastic start, Charlie Austin who?

First Saturday of the Championship season comes to a close and we are second, get in!

Well done you Mighty Addicks!

Don't want to go top too soon ;-)

Good day for you H, seeing as you got a win on Valley Gold as well.

• Good display - feel optimistic about the season ahead. Team has plenty of spirit and physically our players can handle themselves.

New signings look promising - Kashi certainly has bags of energy. Makienok nullified their threat at corners.

V enjoyable day!
  • ozaddick said:

Fair play to Luzon for administering some discipline if tony had stuffed up, and well done tony for not sulking and giving everyone that performance 2nd half. Sounds good to me on all counts.

Spot on.
  • Football's back.

"Don't bet on your own team" - turns out this is horse sh**. I've got 80 quid to prove it.

And, also, football's back. God I love football
    and easy money.

Kashi the pick of the bunch I reckon. Love them all though.

• edited August 2015
    Loved it. Great game apart from the first 15 minutes when we looked a bit nervy and QPR made a storming start. All the new signings looked good. Berdych coming on to replace Johann looked unbelievably skilful and quick. Hard to pick a MOM! Cousins full of energy, JBG a class above, TWW outstanding skill, pace and desire, Diarra did a great job and Bauer was outstanding but I thought Makienok's willingness to get involved in almost everything was outstanding - nimble for a tall guy - but I think Kashi shaded it for me as MOM - he was 'everywhere'! Made me forget all about getting there so early, and standing in the wrong queue for 20 minutes to get my S/T...