Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2015

Comments

• Luzon just got asked on bbc London why watt started on the bench and he said it will remain between him and tony. Hope there's
    Not been a full out . Kashi, Bauer and diarra all class . Great second half
  • Rich Cawley saying Luzon has confirmed that Watt had an incident in training and that's why he didn't start. He will not be fined
  • Hmm I wonder what he did
  • Defence looked solid, midfield was well organised, Watt has to start bosh
  • Wonder what he done though. Hope nothing major
  • Based on West Ham then Watt wouldn't have lasted 90 mins anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just a number of droplets
  • Interesting price of honesty from Luzon.
    It would have been easy to cone up with a story, such as he wanted Watt as an impact player after qpr defenders were tiring.
  • edited August 2015
    I thought Ba shaded Kashi myself but midfield more solid than for ages and difficult to see where Cousins will fit as he had a quiet game wide. Bauer looks a steal and Sarr will have to be good to oust Diarra. Big Mac slightly better than Igor in the air but only when latter troubled by his achilles. Fox done for pace once but some quality 1 on 1 tackles. Pope very solid. Others usual games.

Edit. Realise now I got my numbers mixed up due to guy next to me. It was number 3 Kashi who impressed.
  • Terrific start .. now for Derby and Forest neither of whom have got off to the best of starts .. come on you Addicks !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought Ba showed great promise personally. Played a major part in Watts goal and looked to move the ball around nicely.

Think he will be the new Buyens - both in style of play and the marmite factor.
  • Behind Fox when he scored. Not complaining but he looked unsure what to do to me and just flashed it into the box. Doubt if he could see the goal with the players in front of him.

Got me 5 points in the Sky6 so yippee.
  • Roland Out!
  • Lot of reports saying Austin hit the post. Did I fall asleep and miss that?!
  • edited August 2015
    Great result and one we need with the start we have. Sat near to a young lad of about five and his dad, who were undercover QPR fans, when Watts goal went in the young lad had his head in his hands crying for about five minutes, I think he only just looked up in time for Foxs goal!.

Bit worried with Ba at first as he seemed to give the ball away all the time, he settled down in the second half so hopefully hes had his bad spell.
  • Gudmundssen Charlton's best player. All the new signing played well except Mankiof. Thought he was slow and just lazy. I thought KAG did ok. Lively, didn't hide, always showing for the forward pass.
  • Well, that rounded off a 3-day 50th birthday celebration for me very nicely. As others have said, QPR had it in the first 10 minutes; had loads of corners but the closest they came in first half was when Pope pulled off a save from a snap shot. Second half was different, mainly because of Watt being on and worrying their defence. Loved Fox's goal, particularly as some blokes behind me had been slagging him off a bit earlier.
    Of the new signings, Bauer looked solid, Ba grew into the game, Kashi was everywhere - particularly in the first half, Makienok had a better 2nd half and won more headers defensively than offensively.
    Given the numbers in, and the questions over Pope, I thought that today went as well as it could have done.
    A few niggles - couldn't hear any of the annoucements. New screen didn't show subs as well. But overall, thanks for my birthday present CAFC!
  • I'm starting to like Luzon more and more. He's doing it his way and considering he hasn't got a great track record he's very self assured. Kashi looks a great player.