Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v QPR Post-match Views 2015

Comments

• WSS said:
    Did QPR not sell out ? Looks like a fair number of empty seats in the JS.
  • I thought we had a poor first half, and had it not been for a good save from Pope, could have been one down. Having said this, QPR were even worse, apart from that shot, so had high hopes for the second half. Delighted to see Watt on for the start of it, as felt KAG was out of his depth (but is a youngster thrown in at the deep end) and things improved greatly. Great goal from Watt, and an even better one from Fox. Fox did well I thought and seemed to grow in confidence after his first goal for us, hope that continues as feel he has talent. My MOM would be Bauer, very impressive at the back, won just about everything, in the air and on ground. Excellent signing. Really enjoyed my journey home, and even had two QPR fans get off at my station in Hampshire.
  • Thanks to all the posters who were there. Really good to read the reports for people like myself who can't get to The Valley as much these days.

Any new chants get started?
  • I thought we looked disjointed in the first half, perhaps not surprising considering all the new faces.

we allowed rangers far too much possession but they failed to do anything with it and we handled it fairly ok. perhaps we were a bit overawed by them, dunno?

much improved in second half and we generally bossed it and restricted them well. what chances they had, pope dealt with it very well, he had a good game and very pleased for him.

watt made an immediate impact, though I think green should have saved his shot.

not sure what I thought about his strike partner, clearly put himself about in both areas but will he score? to be fair I don't think he got any opportunities, so impossible to make a judgement but he did remind me of svenson who I liked but as we know wasn't a goal machine.

hopefully if vetokele can be kept fit, that will give us with watt, two out and out goal scorers.

unexpected result but gratefully accepted and as someone else said hopefully we have a bit more muscle about us.
  • ChiAddick said:

Thanks to all the posters who were there. Really good to read the reports for people like myself who can't get to The Valley as much these days.

Don't recall any new ones but pleased that "Jordan Cousins he's one of our own" got sung by a few more than just me.....
  • Gudmundson finally got his name sung at the end
  • edited August 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks to all the posters who were there. Really good to read the reports for people like myself who can't get to The Valley as much these days.

Luzon got a couple of songs, and about time too!
  • edited August 2015
    Greenie said:

Thanks to all the posters who were there. Really good to read the reports for people like myself who can't get to The Valley as much these days.

He seemed to enjoy it and first time I can remember him staying in the pitch to applaud the fans after
  • Which songs for Luzon?
  • And what was gudmundsons one? The one from away games?
  • Greenie said:

a song for Guy, at last.
    What a win treble that would of been, Luzon,Fox and Pope getting a standing ovation from the covered end in the same match !

• Great afternoon. We were under the cosh a bit in the first 20-25 minutes but we weathered the storm mainly due to the composure of Bauer and Diarra. The TWW came on and that changed the game. Two great goals, congratulations to Morgan Fox for his goal and in Kashi we appear to have a proper player. All in all very satisfying the next two away should give us a clue as to how far we can go this year.
  • Great afternoon, well great day with England winning back the Ashes.

Pleased for Pope - excellent game, Baur looks a serious player and still young I think so should be more to come from him.

Fox - I'm pleased to be proved wrong about him, (often am wrong) thought he was to slow for a championship fullback, but looked fine.
    I look forward to seeing more of Kashi and Ba, after a shaky start (caught in possession) I thought they ended up bossing the game.

Although I was disappointed JC was not centre-mid, he was still effective in a free roaming roll.

Great way to start the season. COYR!!
  • did think that diarra from behind looked like rufus.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015
    Greenie said:

seth plum said:

Greenie said:

seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Wasn't at the game and have no opinion beyond being pleased we won.

Well done to the QPR fans before the game.

What did the QPR fans do?

Great result, reckon we'll go up Champions meself
    This was getting some attention during the afternoon and then appeared here.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68614/qprs-toothless-pre-match-walkabout#latest

I was being sarcastic but 'some' have got a bit precious about my comment.

Rubbish.

Especially because you wrote your comment well before AFKA started that thread. Indeed your comment has no relationship, sarcastic or otherwise to what AFKA posted.
    When you say 'some' getting 'precious' you are presumably referring to me, but of course with your hit and run tactics you can't address things to me directly, and now you are pathetically attempting to wriggle.
    Read the thread back if you have the capacity, it will clearly show that your latest attempt at equivocation is basically a fail.
    What you wrote was a clear snide dig aimed at me, simple as that, but you can't admit to it.
    It would be more honest of you if you wrote 'I think Seth Plum is a c*nt, FACT' but your online persona doesn't allow for it.
    Precious my arse.
    I thought he was being ironic when I first read it tbh.

Agreed I thought he was having a dig at the QPR fans not at Seth when I read it.
    That may well be the case if PL54 could indicate how he knew about QPR fans behaviour before I mentioned it, because his remark was before the AFKA thread, not after it, which he uses to justify what he wrote. PL54 says he wasn't there.
    Sheesh, I really should let this one go, but praising the QPR fans for having a go at me has been just a little bit too up close and personal.
    Ok mate, I understand how it's peed you off but as I said in my edited post you don't get implied tone in a post
    Except there was no implied tone, it was a direct dig, and not untypical of the poster. Any way it is dressed up, the so called explanation has zilch credibility, I said I had an unpleasant encounter with QPR fans, and basically PL54 says 'good'.
  • seth plum said:

Greenie said:

seth plum said:

Greenie said:

seth plum said:

PL54 said:

brogib said:

PL54 said:

Wasn't at the game and have no opinion beyond being pleased we won.

Well done to the QPR fans before the game.

What did the QPR fans do?

Great result, reckon we'll go up Champions meself
    This was getting some attention during the afternoon and then appeared here.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68614/qprs-toothless-pre-match-walkabout#latest

I was being sarcastic but 'some' have got a bit precious about my comment.

Rubbish.

Especially because you wrote your comment well before AFKA started that thread. Indeed your comment has no relationship, sarcastic or otherwise to what AFKA posted.
    When you say 'some' getting 'precious' you are presumably referring to me, but of course with your hit and run tactics you can't address things to me directly, and now you are pathetically attempting to wriggle.
    Read the thread back if you have the capacity, it will clearly show that your latest attempt at equivocation is basically a fail.
    What you wrote was a clear snide dig aimed at me, simple as that, but you can't admit to it.
    It would be more honest of you if you wrote 'I think Seth Plum is a c*nt, FACT' but your online persona doesn't allow for it.
    Precious my arse.
    I thought he was being ironic when I first read it tbh.

Agreed I thought he was having a dig at the QPR fans not at Seth when I read it.
    That may well be the case if PL54 could indicate how he knew about QPR fans behaviour before I mentioned it, because his remark was before the AFKA thread, not after it, which he uses to justify what he wrote. PL54 says he wasn't there.
    Sheesh, I really should let this one go, but praising the QPR fans for having a go at me has been just a little bit too up close and personal.
    Ok mate, I understand how it's peed you off but as I said in my edited post you don't get implied tone in a post
    Except there was no implied tone, it was a direct dig, and not untypical of the poster. Any way it is dressed up, the so called explanation has zilch credibility, I said I had an unpleasant encounter with QPR fans, and basically PL54 says 'good'.
    What did you do to antagonize them?! :smile:
  • Great day, great performance, great win

I just hope they turn the PA system UP in the north upper for the remainder of the season. Couldn't hear anything @BDL was saying (teams, substitutions etc)
  • Neither could I (east)
  • Great day, great performance, great win

I just hope they turn the PA system UP in the north upper for the remainder of the season. Couldn't hear anything @BDL was saying (teams, substitutions etc)

It's a safety issue if announcements can't be heard. They will have to address it.

• Against West Ham sitting in Block C in the East, I assumed the PA had been upgraded as it was so loud. Yesterday back in J Block in the North Upper I couldn't hear a word that was being said.
  • They apparently announced late on that some road was closed but it was inaudible in the North Upper.