Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U21 fixtures

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Really don't care about the merit of Wednesday.

For once let's just focus on this CAFC team. who destroyed them with four 2nd half goals.

Mitov 18
    Staunton20 last week
    Edwards18
    Bone17 last month
    Konsa17
    Lennon20
    Muldoon21
    Lapsie18 this month
    Aribo19 not certain ?
    Lookman17
    Umerah18
    Holmes-Dennis19

Plus Moussa 26 as the over age player working his way back.

Seth Plum and Leuth mention Bone, who came on late and did a good pass.
    Lapsie has a great engine like charles-cook.
    Umerah is a bulky lad and strong.
    Homes-Dennis can play full back or mid field and even turned up on the Right wing !

The only problem i see is both Joe Pigott and Michael smith ran riot sometimes at U21 Level yet found champ football hard to adjust too (TBF Smith wasn't given many chances but does seem to be League 1 standard)

• Really don't care about the merit of Wednesday.

For once least just focus on this CAFC team. who destroyed them with four 2nd half goals.

Mitov 18
    Staunton20 last week
    Edwards18
    Bone17 last month
    Konsa17
    Lennon20
    Muldoon21
    Lapsie18 this month
    Aribo19 not certain ?
    Lookman17
    Umerah18
    Holmes-Dennis19

Homes-Dennis can play full back or mid field and even turned up on the Right wing !

The only problem i see is both Joe Pigott and Michael smith ran riot sometimes at U21 Level yet found champ football hard to adjust too (TBF Smith wasn't given many chances but does seem to be League 1 standard)

Always thought Pigott was too cumbersome in his style to make it at a high level.
  • It was a total mismatch and was surprised we didn't manage to score in first half. Their keeper had the maddest (Scottish, I think) accent ever. I genuinely didn't understand a word he said except shouting 'offside' every time Charlton player go the ball.

Lookman looked lively and tricky all game. Most things went through Moussa. Umerah put himself about. Not the greatest first touch but a lot of effort. Midfield dominated the play and defence had little to do, but did it well.

All very encouraging.

Hope the streaming went well. Did anyone have any issues or comments?
  • Streaming was top notch mate.
  • Just got back from the valley, an excellent game of football. We controlled the game from beginning to the end. My star man was Lookman, who I have mentioned many times before. This boy if he keeps improving is going to be good. Aribo, Muldoon, All the defenders, Umerah and Moussa had very good games. I don't think Mitov touched the ball.
  • Did Moussa play the full 90 Dick?
  • Did Moussa play the full 90 Dick?

No. Went off after about 80 minutes I think.
  • seth plum said:

Last sub on was 14 Sam Bone who I believe is still 16, he has looked very good.

This lad is going to be a superstar. I've been keeping an eye on him for a while and every time I see him I'm impressed. Just needs a yard of pace and he'll be the real deal

• enjoyed the video very much, my only negative comment is that it would be helpful if the team with shirt numbers could be put on the OS or Wall before the game as for those of us who don't see these games it would be helpful to know which player is which, but overall a very good production.

thanks
  • It was the best streaming and coverage ever on this kind of thing, and better than other teams such as Brighton have put up when we played away. The coverage didn't miss anything, the replays were instant. Top notch all round, but it would have been even better if somewhere we had the players plus their numbers to check on.
  • Sponsored links:

• The layout of the big screen looked better today
  • seth plum said:

It was the best streaming and coverage ever on this kind of thing, and better than other teams such as Brighton have put up when we played away. The coverage didn't miss anything, the replays were instant. Top notch all round, but it would have been even better if somewhere we had the players plus their numbers to check on.

I'm sure Steve will have read this here, but will mention this when we meet. This is all new, so there will be improvements.

At least one of the students was on camera for the first time, so glad it has been well received. He got the short straw of getting wet pitch-side, first time we have filmed in the rain.

I will feed back to students the positive comments. They are all really pleased to have this opportunity and a keen to good job.
    Thanks all.
  • Swisdom said:

seth plum said:

Last sub on was 14 Sam Bone who I believe is still 16, he has looked very good.

This lad is going to be a superstar. I've been keeping an eye on him for a while and every time I see him I'm impressed. Just needs a yard of pace and he'll be the real deal

Not sure if he will find the pace, (Bone) but being a Tom Huddlestone or Michael Carrick type player won't be too shabby.
  • Just caught the last 15 minutes. Blimey, we have some serious talent coming through. I couldn't make out whether we were "that good" or the Massive young guns were that bad?
    Great to see though............this makes us a "proper" football club in my opinion!......
  • Strange. But after recent first team "performances" - reading this has really cheered me up! Looking to the future - not looking back.
  • Will echo that feedback. Only caught five or ten minutes but what I did see seemed of a very high quality.
  • Really don't care about the merit of Wednesday.

For once least just focus on this CAFC team. who destroyed them with four 2nd half goals.

Mitov 18
    Staunton20 last week
    Edwards18
    Bone17 last month
    Konsa17
    Lennon20
    Muldoon21
    Lapsie18 this month
    Aribo19 not certain ?
    Lookman17
    Umerah18
    Holmes-Dennis19

Always thought Pigott was too cumbersome in his style to make it at a high level.
    I think you may be right at championship level Gary.

But can i just say Joe played 90 minutes at Millwall on Saturday,
    in Southend's win at the den and now has some happy memories of playing against the spanners.

• If they are student camera people, then they did a bloody good job. ITV 3 could with using them given their appalling camera work at football matches.
  • Bone,s old man played for Sunderland and the played in Malaysia for before becoming a tv football pundit. So good pedigree.
  • Sponsored links:

• markmc68 said:

Bone,s old man played for Sunderland and the played in Malaysia for before becoming a tv football pundit. So good pedigree.

That probably explains why Bone can play for Malaysia. I read that somewhere.

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 39m39 minutes ago
    U21S TEAM NEWS | Mitov; Barnes, Holmes-Dennis, Edwards, Staunton, Konsa, Aribo, Muldoon, Umerah, Hanlan, Lookman. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 37m37 minutes ago
    SUBS | Assianah, Prall, Lapslie, Kelly #cafc
  • Anything happening? nothing on CAFC twitter, kicked off at 1900
  • Bolton winning 1-0 according to their twitter
  • U21S UPDATE | The Addicks are 0-2 down to @OfficialBWFC at the break at the Macron Stadium. #cafc
  • Lost 2 - 1 (Staunton)
  • Lost 2 - 1 (Staunton)

When will it end!
    RD out

• Bloody hell... Lookman didnt score!!

Absolute rubbish from the lad, send him down t'mines with Ansah!!
  • Team v Watford today

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 4m4 minutes ago
    CHARLTON | Henderson, Barnes, Edwards, Konsa, Staunton, Muldoon (c), Lapslie, Kelly, Aribo, Hanlan, Lookman #cafc

SUBS | Beeney, Assiana, Bone, Anderson, Millar #cafc