Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U21 fixtures

Comments

• Since the new puppet has come in even the U21s are falling apart ;)
  • dickplumb said:

I went to a ground I have never been to. VCD is a very nice ground right in the middle of a residential area. Pitch was good although the grass was a little long. We got off to the worse possible start conceding a penalty when one of our defenders hand balled it. We didn't have many chances in the first half. We bossed it in the second and we were unlucky to just draw, Millar scored the goal. Kennedy had a couple of decent chances and Substitute Hanlan hit the inside of the post. It really is a pleasure to watch the U21s and the U18s.

I hadn't realised that the VCD ground was actually in Crayford. Any reason why we're playing there rather than somewhere like Welling?
  • dickplumb said:

I went to a ground I have never been to. VCD is a very nice ground right in the middle of a residential area. Pitch was good although the grass was a little long. We got off to the worse possible start conceding a penalty when one of our defenders hand balled it. We didn't have many chances in the first half. We bossed it in the second and we were unlucky to just draw, Millar scored the goal. Kennedy had a couple of decent chances and Substitute Hanlan hit the inside of the post. It really is a pleasure to watch the U21s and the U18s.

I hadn't realised that the VCD ground was actually in Crayford. Any reason why we're playing there rather than somewhere like Welling?
    I have got no idea.

• I imagine the Welling pitch couldn't take any more games, what with Erith & Belevedere playing there. So grounds of a similar quality, a similar distance from Charlton would be places like VCD, Thamesmead Town, Dartford, Fisher, etc.
  • Good performance s from Edwards, Konza, Bone, Kelly and Hanlan. Brainless handball from Umerah for their penalty.
  • Are all the U21 games at VCD, apart from the ones they play at the Valley?
  • V Bristol City today

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 11m11 minutes ago
    U21S | Kick-off is at 2pm and we'll bring you the key updates from throughout the afternoon. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 12m12 minutes ago
    Charlton U21s starting XI: Beeney; Barnes, Edwards, Staunton, Konsa; Charles-Cook, Kelly, Aribo; Ahearne-Grant, Umerah, Lookman. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 11m11 minutes ago View translation
    Subs: Prall, Assiana, Lapslie, Millar, Hanlan. #cafc
  • Mean looking Strikeforce right there from us...
  • thought Vaz Te might have got a run-out for fitness reasons
  • Keep looking out of Ceballos in the U21 games. He was due to start running a couple of weeks ago. Cant be long until he starts to get some match fitness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m3 minutes ago
    U21S | 3' GOAL! @KAG18_ fires the Addicks in front from the penalty spot following a handball. 1-0. #cafc
  • Keep looking out of Ceballos in the U21 games. He was due to start running a couple of weeks ago. Cant be long until he starts to get some match fitness.

He was still hobbling very badly and wearing his protective boot after the Sheff Wed game. He's weeks away walking properly let alone playing.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 6m6 minutes ago
    U21S | 7' GOOAL! Josh Umerah puts the Addicks 2-0 in front after a neat one-two with Ahearne-Grant. #cafc
  • Erm... Whats Lookman playing at... He hasn't scored yet?

Easy diagnosis.

He's had a couple of first team outings, meaning he's been Charltonised and will forever more be shite. :-)

Too big for his boots now he's played in the first team. Sell him.

Too big for his boots now he's played in the first team. Sell him.
    Agreed need to ship him off to our Feeder Team: Liverpool!!
  • edited November 2015
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 6m6 minutes ago
    U21S | 17' GOOAL! It's 3-0 to the Addicks as @KAG18_ secures a brace. #cafc
  • Appears things went a bit pear shaped in the Second Half...

FULL TIME: #BristolCity U21 2-3 Charlton Athletic U21
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting that Vaz Te didn't figure, as I'd have thought he'd have needed a game to help his match fitness. Does this mean that's he's ready for first team action already... or that he isn't fit enough for U21 action!
  • Interesting that Vaz Te didn't figure, as I'd have thought he'd have needed a game to help his match fitness. Does this mean that's he's ready for first team action already... or that he isn't fit enough for U21 action!

Knowing our luck he's probably injured!
  • Not sure where to post this as didnt want to create a new thread but did anything ever come of Dimitar Mitov's goal for the U18s, recently I've constantly seen that the longest goal is still by Asmir Begovic?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29061851
  • Not sure where to post this as didnt want to create a new thread but did anything ever come of Dimitar Mitov's goal for the U18s, recently I've constantly seen that the longest goal is still by Asmir Begovic?

It is clearly longer than Bergovc as Mitov scored from the six yard line.

Today at VCD we're supposed to be playing Crystal Palace kick off at 1pm.
    Might be a bit cold, or if it's a frozen pitch and called off, I hope they announce it early.
  • seth plum said:

Not sure where to post this as didnt want to create a new thread but did anything ever come of Dimitar Mitov's goal for the U18s, recently I've constantly seen that the longest goal is still by Asmir Begovic?

Today at VCD we're supposed to be playing Crystal Palace kick off at 1pm.
    Might be a bit cold, or if it's a frozen pitch and called off, I hope they announce it early.
    Was my thinking as well (the goal not the match), no doubt being an U18 match, it doesnt count because its not FIFA registered or something stupid
  • Going to VCD today U21 game against Palace. Will do a report when I get back.
  • dickplumb said:

Going to VCD today U21 game against Palace. Will do a report when I get back.

Ask Tony Watt how he's doing : - )
  • Any idea what the team would be? Might pop a long..
  • The team has been very settled recently. I think there is a chance that Kashi will play. It will be something like this.
    Mitov
    Barnes, Staunton, Konsa, Edwards
    Kennedy, Aribo, Muldoon, Lapslie.
    Umerah, Hanlan
  • seth plum said:

Not sure where to post this as didnt want to create a new thread but did anything ever come of Dimitar Mitov's goal for the U18s, recently I've constantly seen that the longest goal is still by Asmir Begovic?

Not all pitches are the same length.

They can range from 100 to 130 yards I think.