Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U21 fixtures

191011121315»

Comments

• Obileye is the big Unit at CB, who was at the Daggers on loan.
    Thomas is more of a sweeper who likes, when possible, to run with the ball. They complement each other quite well, just like Thomas and Lennon did.

Thomas and Gomez were exceptional together. When Thomas went forward, Gomez always had the pace to cover behind him if we lost possession.
  • I hope the first team players are watching, then they may see how you get a penalty, by getting in the opposition box occasionally
  • Freezing cold but a deserved win as dominated last 20 after the subs were made. Thought Djiksteel and Moore were good.
  • What I posted on our new Charlton forum.

charltonathletic.proboards.com

I have just got back from a freezing cold VCD ground. A good performance from the U21s and Ademola Lookman looked a class act. His goal was a turn and a shot into the top corner. Brentford scored from a corner when a header was saved and the follow up was slotted in. We were the better side in the second half and we scored a penalty when Brandan Hanlan was fouled in the box. Joshua Umerah slotted the ball home.

Team
    Mitov
    Konsa, Obileye,Thomas, Holmes- Dennis
    Kennedy, Djikisteel,Cook, Harriott
    Lookman, Umerah

Subs
    Beeney, Edwards, Aribo,Hanlan, Moore

• Mitov takes ageeessss to distribute the ball..
  • iamdan said:

Mitov takes ageeessss to distribute the ball..

Some of his kicks were awful. The major difference between the first team and the U21s is the speed that the U21s move the ball. There is also an outlet for the U21s because of the constant movement. The first team overpass the ball and there is little movement off the ball.

• dickplumb said:

iamdan said:

Mitov takes ageeessss to distribute the ball..

Some of his kicks were awful. The major difference between the first team and the U21s is the speed that the U21s move the ball. There is also an outlet for the U21s because of the constant movement. The first team overpass the ball and there is little movement off the ball.

Agree, quite enjoy watching the u21s, quick and good movement.

Mick Harford was watching in the stands, understand from earwigging he was watching some of our boys for a Luton loan.

• First time I have seen Lookman close up and some of his play is absolutely fantastic.

Don't think I've seen a more impressive Charlton youngster.
  • First time I have seen Lookman close up and some of his play is absolutely fantastic.

Don't think I've seen a more impressive Charlton youngster.

Yes he was class today.

• Let us hope today was about fitness and he will start on Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    U21s v Dulwich Hamlet tomorrow
  • U21s v Dulwich Hamlet tonight

Tomorrow
  • shirty5 said:

U21s v Dulwich Hamlet tonight

Tomorrow
    Lol that got my attention! As mentioned elsewhere there will almost certainly be bag searches at the entrance, due to the alcohol rule changes at Hamlet.
  • I am going along to this.
  • As you might guess I'll be there two. Starting off in the Cherry Tre around 6 pm
  • dickplumb said:

I am going along to this.

Do you know of any other fixtures? Certainly keen on any Saturday games.

I'm at Dulwich, picking up last seasons pre-season prog to add to the collection so an added bonus.

• Drew 0 - 0 with Bournemouth this afternoon

No team news on their twitter who were reporting on the game.
  • Drew 0 - 0 with Bournemouth this afternoon

No team news on their twitter who were reporting on the game.

Probably because it is the U18s or U16s as the older ones are in the first team now!