Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U21 fixtures

Comments

• edited November 2015
    U21S | FT: Charlton 3 @CPFC 2. #cafc

• U21S | The table-topping development squad are now unbeaten in nine, with eight victories and one draw. #cafc
  • edited November 2015
    Another great win for the Addicks as our production line refuses to pause to a halt...

Am sure there will be a good write up from @dickplumb when he gets home
  • Bergdich - awful.
  • Thanks for all the updates guys. That win is particularly impressive having now lost a couple more to the senior squad, albeit with returning pros contributing.
  • dickplumb said:

It finished Charlton 3 Crystal Palace 2 at a very cold Home of VCD. An excellent game full of tough tackles and no little skill. We took the lead through Josh Umerah when he finished neatly from a Bergdich through ball. We also hit the bar from a Vaz Te free kick from just outside the area. Palace quickly equalised and it stayed that way at half time.
    We quickly came out of the blocks in the Second half and a cross from the right found an unmarked Vaz Te who made a hash of a free header but it fortunately rolled into the path of Umerah who tucked it away. No sooner had he put Charlton ahead then we conceded a soft goal which was fired through a cluster of Charlton players.
    Vaz Te was substituted after sixty minutes and sub Brandan Hanlan fired neatly home with his first touch.
    The game then got a bit spiteful with the tackles flying in. But we held out for a well deserved win to keep us on top of the table.

Mitov
    Barnes, Thomas, Konsa, Edwards
    Kennedy, Aribo, Bergdich Charles- Cook
    Umerah, Vaz Te,

Subs Prall, Kelly for Kennedy, Hanlan for Vaz Te, Staunton for Bergdich, Assiana.

Were there any stand out players in the match for you Dick?

How did Vaz Te look?
  • Vaz Te strolled through the game in first gear. Charles - Cook always impresses me with his non stop energy and running power. Umerah also took his goals well and Hanlan has got a bit of pace and power. Aribo had a decent game and every time I have seen him he has contributed something.

Despite somebody telling me that we are bringing a new player in, somebody else I was talking to reckons that there will be no Incomings. I have no idea who is right.
  • edited November 2015
    U21S | The development squad are kicking off against @BrentfordFC shortly. Team to follow.... #cafc

U21S Starting XI | Pope; Barnes, Edwards, Staunton, Lennon; Charles-Cook, Ba, Bergdich; Moussa, Ahearne-Grant, Umerah. #cafc

SUBS | Maynard-Brewer, Thomas, Aribo, Kelly, Hanlan. #cafc

U21S | 19' GOAL! Franck Moussa puts the Addicks in front with an overhead kick! 1-0. #cafc

Half-time | @BrentfordFC U21s 0 @CAFCofficial U21s 1. Franck Moussa's overhead kick the difference between the two sides after 45. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Strong side.
  • Strong side.

Yes, but then we have an enormous first team squad :smile:

I was surprised Ba didn't play for the U21s last week as with the break and his suspension he hasn't played for several weeks. Neither Moussa nor Bergdich even made the 16 on Saturday
  • U21S | 65' GOAL! Umerah makes it 2-0 to the Addicks. #cafc

U21S | 66' Goal. Brentford pull a goal back immediately. 2-1 now. #cafc
  • Full-time | @BrentfordFC U21s 1 @CAFCofficial U21s 2. Goals from Moussa and Umerah earn Addicks' ninth win in 10 matches #cafc
  • Full-time | @BrentfordFC U21s 1 @CAFCofficial U21s 2. Goals from Moussa and Umerah earn Addicks' ninth win in 10 matches #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) November 30, 2015
  • Nine in ten!

Youth Cup at the Valley at 7pm Wednesday. Different team but there will be overlaps.
  • seth plum said:

Nine in ten!

Youth Cup at the Valley at 7pm Wednesday. Different team but there will be overlaps.

Is this actually happening? I've found it on the FA's site but can't see anything on ours about ticket prices or a match preview. (I guess there will be a charge as it's a cup game?)

Our communication really is about as crap as crap can be. You'd think they didn't want anybody to go an watch, oh, hang on...
  • But not as crap as your search skills : - )

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-fa-youth-cup-millwall-2816561.aspx

Was also a preview in the Ipswich programme

• Ah, found it on the fecking spanners site, so they think it's happening and could be bothered to say something!
    Total SNAFU our comms. Utterly and completely useless. Come on @Ollywozere

Young Lions to play at The Valley
    Millwall's FA Youth Cup Third Round tie against Charlton will be played at The Valley on Wednesday 2nd December (7pm).

The Lions saw off Dover Athletic (2-0) in Round One before comfortably beating Woodbridge Town by a 9-1 score in the Second Round at The Den last week.

Charlton were handed a bye into Round Three, but exited the competition at this stage last season when Cardiff City recorded a 1-0 victory in SE7.

The tie between The Lions and Addicks will be settled on the night, meaning that extra-time and penalties will be required if the game is level after 90 minutes.

Ticket prices are £5 adults and U18s £1 if accompanied by a full paying adult.
  • edited December 2015
    @cafcfan Err, maybe read the post above yours
  • Sponsored links:

• Was posted on the OS on 24th November.
  • cafcfan said:

Ah, found it on the fecking spanners site, so they think it's happening and could be bothered to say something!

Millwall's FA Youth Cup Third Round tie against Charlton will be played at The Valley on Wednesday 2nd December (7pm).

The Lions saw off Dover Athletic (2-0) in Round One before comfortably beating Woodbridge Town by a 9-1 score in the Second Round at The Den last week.

Charlton were handed a bye into Round Three, but exited the competition at this stage last season when Cardiff City recorded a 1-0 victory in SE7.

The tie between The Lions and Addicks will be settled on the night, meaning that extra-time and penalties will be required if the game is level after 90 minutes.

Woops. I imagine they probably got all that information from our web story!
  • But not as crap as your search skills : - )

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-fa-youth-cup-millwall-2816561.aspx

Was also a preview in the Ipswich programme

Okay, I apologise, sort of. But it was a main news item from a week ago. I clearly made the serious mistake of looking under the "U18 and academy" news sub-category.
  • cafcfan said:

Ah, found it on the fecking spanners site, so they think it's happening and could be bothered to say something!

Is that the same story that was posted on the OS 24th November? : - ) @Ollywozere @cafcfan
  • cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

Nine in ten!

Is this actually happening? I've found it on the FA's site but can't see anything on ours about ticket prices or a match preview. (I guess there will be a charge as it's a cup game?)

Our communication really is about as crap as crap can be. You'd think they didn't want anybody to go an watch, oh, hang on...
    Wally
  • cafcfan said:

Is that the same story that was posted on the OS 24th November? : - ) @Ollywozere @cafcfan
    Aye, that'll be the one. Another reminder coming this afternoon, with some words of encouragement from Steve Avory. Hopefully we'll get a fair few down tomorrow evening.

For those that can't make it, we'll be providing extensive coverage, but we'll have more news on that tomorrow.
  • I will be there as usual.
  • Playing QPR today - Monday 7th.
  • U21S | 45' GOAL! Hanlan fires the Addicks into the lead on the stroke of half-time. 1-0. #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) December 7, 2015