Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U21 fixtures

Comments

• The pitch was exactly the same length as Stoke's. We heard recently from Guinness who just said sorry, there is already a record for this etc... It appears they haven't even bothered to check it out fully and without that, it's our word against theirs.

I've tried to fight for it, but Guinness aren't interested. It's a shame, because you can bet your bottom dollar that if it was the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea staking their claim, they would be all over it.

• Olly.
    It is on film, won't that do?
  • The pitch was exactly the same length as Stoke's. We heard recently from Guinness who just said sorry, there is already a record for this etc... It appears they haven't even bothered to check it out fully and without that, it's our word against theirs.

I've tried to fight for it, but Guinness aren't interested. It's a shame, because you can bet your bottom dollar that if it was the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea staking their claim, they would be all over it.

Like that hotel in Dubai - the self proclaimed 7 star hotel - Dimi should become the self proclaimed World Record Holder.

• It is, and we provided that to them, but they need to do the job of officially measuring out the pitch, using the footage to measure exactly where he was stood etc... but they're not interested. I also tried to get Opta involved, but to no avail.

Unfortunately, it's just much more glamorous to have an international keeper holding the record from a Premier League match than Charlton's U18 keeper in Professional Development League 2 match. That's the distinct impression I'm getting anyway.
  • Swisdom said:

The pitch was exactly the same length as Stoke's. We heard recently from Guinness who just said sorry, there is already a record for this etc... It appears they haven't even bothered to check it out fully and without that, it's our word against theirs.

Like that hotel in Dubai - the self proclaimed 7 star hotel - Dimi should become the self proclaimed World Record Holder.

Whats this one?
  • as Henry says surely we can campaign to get Dimi's goal the record?
  • as Henry says surely we can campaign to get Dimi's goal the record?

There is probably a fans day planned outside the West Stand from 10:30 / 12noon on Saturday, at 12noon there is a West Stand protest against the running of the club, then at 12:30 there is a match between Charlton and Ipswich.

The Guinness protest can be held in the West Stand car park at the following times:
    - 9am / 10:30... In the West Stand Car Park (before the fan thingy)
    - 2pm onwards... After the match

Or we could become even more unique as a Football Club and have the Guinness protest outside the North Stand the same time as the West Stand protest and give fans the option of what to be against?
  • Anyone know what colours we could wear to protest about Guinness?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know what colours we could wear to protest about Guinness?

White and Black?

Would mean we'd need to order some different scarves though as we've only got Black and White ones at the moment :(
    Good point. Don't want to confuse the two campaigns
  • Moving away from Guinness protests, I wonder if Ba might get some minutes today, as otherwise due to the break and his suspension it'll be 3 weeks without a game between Sheffield and Ipswich
  • Vaz Te starts, as does Bergdich
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 30m30 minutes ago
    CHARLTON U21S | Mitov, Barnes, Thomas, Konsa, Edwards, Charles-Cook, Aribo, Bergdich, Kennedy, Vaz Te, Umerah #cafc

CHARLTON U21S SUBS | Prall, Assiana, Staunton, Kelly, Hanlan #cafc
  • doubt we will see Kashi on Saturday then, definately needs a run-out or two before a first team return
  • doubt we will see Kashi on Saturday then, definately needs a run-out or two before a first team return

Dunno... Neither Reza nor Makienok played for the U21s before coming back into the side
  • Currently 1-1... Vaz Te put us in front before Palace grabbed an equaliser... Vaz Te has just scored again yet is offside.

He seems to know where the net is at least
  • Currently 1-1... Vaz Te put us in front before Palace grabbed an equaliser... Vaz Te has just scored again yet is offside.

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 21m21 minutes ago
    13' GOAL! Umerah puts the Addicks in front. 1-0. #cafc
  • 33' CLOSE! Edwards crosses for Kelly who cushions a volley goalwards from 10 yards, but keeper just tips it out. #cafc

Umerah scored not Vaz Te

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015

Currently 1-1... Vaz Te put us in front before Palace grabbed an equaliser... Vaz Te has just scored again yet is offside.

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 21m21 minutes ago
    13' GOAL! Umerah puts the Addicks in front. 1-0. #cafc
    Why the blazes did I think Vaz Te had scored!!... think it was because I saw that Vaz Te had rattled the crossbar a few minutes beforehand and got the two names mixed up.

One of those moments where you should be allowed to comment with a lol! on one of your own posts once per week
  • U21S | HT: Charlton 1 @CPFC 1. #cafc

Whoever is in charge of the U21s now needs to be sacked... SACKED I tells ya... We're playing an under strengthened sides against one of our biggest rivals, it just isnt good enough!!
  • U21S | 46' The second-half is under way at VCD. #cafc
  • 51' Chance! Bergdich's cross from the left is met by the head of Barnes, but he nods just wide of the post. #cafc

54' GOAL! Umerah makes it 2-1 to Charlton. #cafc

54' Vaz Te nodded Aribo's superb cross across goal for Umerah to finish from six yards. #cafc

56' GOAL. Palace respond immediately, converting a free-kick routine. 2-2. #cafc

57' Palace miss a great chance to go ahead, but the Eagles forward fires wide when through one-on-one. #cafc

58' SUB | Hanlan replaces Vaz Te. #cafc

58' GOOOAL! Hanlan makes an immediate impact! 3-2 Charlton. #cafc

58' The forward took a neat touch and sent an unstoppable finish past the keeper from the edge of the box. #supersub #cafc

Crazy last couple of minutes
  • Umerah will surely be the next to be blooded in the first team.
  • 81' SUB | Staunton replaces Bergdich. #cafc

• Thanks for all the updates, FA.

• 84' Bissaka booked for Palace after cynically chopping down Charles-Cook as he galloped down the wing. #cafc

I bet they'd start to get interested if we bombarded their social media accounts with stories about them using incorrect outdated "facts" and questioning whether they could be trusted. #uselessxmaspresent
  • 89' Woods booked for Palace. Another nasty challenge on Charles-Cook. #cafc