Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

U21 fixtures

Comments

• Interesting first post. Welcome to the site.

All the tweets above were from the club.

Difference between this week and last was that today was away and last week at home.

Just not the resources to send someone from the press team to Sheffield for a U21 game. @sufc had less than we did.

But we had reports from Colchester game which was also away game!!!! Ollie Groome reported from Colchester. We were also given some useful info on the CAFC website ahead of the game. The press officer didn't need to be in Sheffield to put similar info info on website ahead of today's game. That's a very weak defence!!! I take it that we are not going to have any press member at Nottingham too???
  • Interesting first post. Welcome to the site.

All the tweets above were from the club.

Difference between this week and last was that today was away and last week at home.

Just not the resources to send someone from the press team to Sheffield for a U21 game. @sufc had less than we did.

But we had reports from Colchester game which was also away game!!!! Ollie Groome reported from Colchester. We were also given some useful info on the CAFC website ahead of the game. The press officer didn't need to be in Sheffield to put similar info info on website ahead of today's game. That's a very weak defence!!! I take it that we are not going to have any press member at Nottingham too???
    Why don't you travel up to Nottingham and cover the game if you're that bothered.

I'm sure Mr Groome will be able to get you a press pass.
  • Good idea Clem
  • Colchester is only an hour away whilst Sheffield and Nottingham are four hours away.

Am sure Olly and the team have enough work to do at the moment getting the Programme ready for tonights match etc... without wasting a whole day of travelling
  • On another note I've never heard the U21s get extra publicity if a certain player is in the squad, sometimes they'll say that Moussa is back but thats because they're a first team player and no doubt you'd moan if they didnt mention him stating were not being informed of his progress.

In terms of the youngsters we've never said, oh Joe Gomez / Jonjo Shelvey is playing in the U21s, he's be a star one day... Reason being is because first and foremost its a development league, sit back and let the players develop their potential in peace, you big them up and they might get too big headed or lose form because of pressure.

All individual youngsters that come through the academy will only get a mention (and brief at that) if they make the bench at least which is how it should be
  • In fairness Sooserious makes a some decent points, maybe not the one about games being over hyped for certain players. If there can be a preview of the Colchester game then surely there should be for the Sheffield United game even if there is no coverage of it at the time. Under 21 games are a very important feature of the club. It seems though on here that criticism can't be a aimed at a part of the CLUB when it involves individuals who are known by some on here. The suggestion of Sooserious going up to Nottingham to cover the game is as ridiculous as (I'm predicting) he's a paying customer of Charlton and not an employee!!!
  • edited September 2015
    I dont think the suggestion of going to Nottingham as a volunteer is ridiculous though.

Non-League clubs have volunteers doing work in the background, providing services that the club wouldnt otherwise do.

Maybe its something I'll offer to do for the club when I retire to keep me busy, and to ensure I can continue seeing Charlton meaning am doing what I enjoy
  • I dont think the suggestion of going to Nottingham as a volunteer is ridiculous though.

Non-League clubs have volunteers doing work in the background, providing services that the club wouldnt otherwise do.

Maybe its something I'll offer to do for the club when I retire to keep me busy, and to ensure I can continue seeing Charlton meaning am doing what I enjoy

We're a professional football club in the second tier of English football playing in one of the most watched leagues in the world. We're not a part time non league side. Clem said "Why don't you travel up to Nottingham and cover the game if you're that bother," So if someone doesn't like something about Charlton they can not discuss it on a Charlton forum unless they do something about it themselves?
  • I dont think the suggestion of going to Nottingham as a volunteer is ridiculous though.

We're a professional football club in the second tier of English football playing in one of the most watched leagues in the world. We're not a part time non league side. Clem said "Why don't you travel up to Nottingham and cover the game if you're that bother," So if someone doesn't like something about Charlton they can not discuss it on a Charlton forum unless they do something about it themselves?
    A professional football club will only provide so much themselves though before the fans have to take it upon themselves to provide additional information though... Is no different to myself creating the match previews on here or @RedMidland providing match commentary, both of us are volunteering to do what it is we do so that other fans can benefit.

Same with Dick Plumb who'll go to the U21 matches at home and quite often report back

Trust me when you retire you'll wonder how you found time to go to work especially if your other half is still working and leaves you 'little jobs to do' :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

I dont think the suggestion of going to Nottingham as a volunteer is ridiculous though.

Trust me when you retire you'll wonder how you found time to go to work especially if your other half is still working and leaves you 'little jobs to do' :wink:
    Ain't that the truth.
  • RedChaser said:

"Stop wasting time on that stupid web site, and put that bloody shelf up!"
  • Moussa played 75 mins. Reckon he will be either on loan or pushing the first team by the end of the month.

I would try Bergdich at left back and Franck playing a JBG role on the left.
  • U21S PREVIEW | The club are also hopeful of streaming today's game live on our YouTube channel http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-u21s-sheffield-wednesday-preview-2701289.aspx#GQGGuk2k173LeTKP.99 … #cafc
  • Once we get a look at the starting line up it may give us a clue as to which players maybe involved in the Palace game
  • I will be going to the Valley. Will post a report on the game
  • Be interested to see how Moussa looks. Could be playing 90 mins.
  • Wednesdy's game at Palace is going to be a tough ask for the under 21s coming so soon after this fixture.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2015
    CHARLTON U21S | Mitov, Staunton, Konsa, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis, Edwards, Muldoon, Aribo, Moussa, Lookman, Umerah. #cafc
  • It's really promising for Franck that he is onto his third game in 3 weeks now. Hopefully a sign that he is not suffering any ill effects.

I would put him on the left for us at present. Think his record at Cov suggests he could be a (not quite as good) JBG equivalent for the left side.
  • It's really promising for Franck that he is onto his third game in 3 weeks now. Hopefully a sign that he is not suffering any ill effects.

I would put him on the left for us at present. Think his record at Cov suggests he could be a (not quite as good) JBG equivalent for the left side.

Not yet - barely played for a year. Possibly on the bench in the next few weeks to get 10 mins at the end but no more
  • edited September 2015
    Looks like it's going to be on YouTube channel......https://t.co/yWq4EPwedW

We never really saw much of him before his injury, and even when he was playing, he wasn't fully fit.

A shame we didn't buy Wilson instead of Moussa :-)
  • Anyone got the you tube coverage? I just seem to have 2 min 6 secs of a picture of the valley.
  • youtube fine, can anyone put shirt numbers toplayers so I know who I''m watching
  • Anyone got the you tube coverage? I just seem to have 2 min 6 secs of a picture of the valley.

Yes there seems to be two links the one that caught you and me out and another with the feed.
  • U21S PREVIEW | The club are also hopeful of streaming today's game live on our YouTube channel http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-u21s-sheffield-wednesday-preview-2701289.aspx#GQGGuk2k173LeTKP.99 … #cafc

Anyone got the you tube coverage? I just seem to have 2 min 6 secs of a picture of the valley.

The link on the o/s works.